Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
this game will be good and i will play it and angrily shake the gacha til I get a team of Strong Girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

cheetah7071 posted:

Please game responsibly and don't be a whale

i got itunes giftcards just sitting everywhere from random sources so theyre all gonna go into fire emblem!!!!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
sad that nintendo cant even set up its production chain for anime arts correctly

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i wonder what theyll actually do to encourage having a huge roster rather than just 'pull for your favorites'. FFRK had realm synergy where eqipment (the gacha item in that game) had way higher stats in stages related to their native game. I wonder if we'll see a stage synergy with units when the roster expands, or if they will have stage restrictions (can only use units from a certain game; can only use dudes, etc etc) for events or something

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
come on nintendo put it on the US ios store already

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
both have wendy so it doesnt matter

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
with the random level up stats i imagine characters still have stat caps unique to the individual? some of the later challenge maps/events might be like stat boosting items so you dont need to constantly worry about THE BEST STATS or something, unless fusing characters already boosts stats towards their cap or w/e

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
just give me the game nintendo i want to roll 20 characters i dont want (more like roll 5 then save my orbs)

also does anyone have the prices for orbs/orb packs in US dollars

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
is it out on us ios yet

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
dang gotta wait til after work now, figure it's out at the end of my break

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
is rerolling as simple as deleting the app on iOS?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
whens the update that adds axe-anna-kissing functionality

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

SpaceDrake posted:

So how exactly does one "save" an account? I got 5* Chrom and 5* Camilla on my first roll which is stupid lucky, but I... I think I want to try for Lyn. :ohdear:

bad idea, greed is bad

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

MotU posted:

bad idea, greed is bad

i had a wendy and i rerolled because it was only 4*s now i cant get any unit i actually want to use shoulda kept the wendy

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
5* Roy and a healer on a pull plus a 3* Donnel

not bad not bad

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
uhhhh holy heck does roy have good base stats at 5*

roy's....

....my boy

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
lol okay like 4* units themselves are ridiculously strong so unless you are in love with a 5* only unit dont stress about rerolling. 4* cordelia is murdering everyone with her idiot fishface without roys help

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
lol arthur's art

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i think im just gonna hoard orbs after my first pull for upcoming banners til they release Amelia

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
well I did my 2nd 5 pull on this account and my team now consists of 5* Roy, 5* Lyn and 5* Takumi :getin:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
orb investment into upgrading the castle is very much worth it i feel, it makes my dudes level up mega fast

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
loving lol close counter on takumi

ive never really had a lucky start on mobile games but Roy/Lyn/Takumi/Lissa at the moment seems like itll at least carry me through the early throes of the game. would have loved to have a camilla for mobility/triangle coverage but honestly takumi just murderfucks everyone

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
all my characters have really crap defensive stats except lyn . _.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
how do I set a unit as my friend unit if thats a thing

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
whats the unit level caps

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
i think the characters im gonna focus on leveling for various quests and stuff are 5* Roy, 5* Takumi, 5* Lyn, 4* Eliwood, 4* Cordelia, 4* Arthur, and 3* Lissa. Soon as I get my first batch of PVP feathers that'll be a 4* Lissa

ill probably pop up the 3 story units you get too since im sure youll need them for challenges or something at some point

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
whos the best healer because I did a 3rd pull and got all healers + 5* Lucina :v:

3 red 5*s and Takumi though so heck thats a bad variety

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

KnoxZone posted:

I haven't seen all the healers yet, but I would probably say Clarine or Lissa are the best. Clarine can use a full party +4 speed buff every other turn, while Lissa has a +4 attack buff.

serra does the all + speed and has + att to all adjacent allies + has 15HP recover (even if it slows the cooldown timer by 1) so she might be in the running too

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Nuebot posted:

It seems kind of lovely that you have to sacrifice a unit to play at all, man.

thats why you put someone that has a favorable matchup type in that spot, the dude they draw out will either bite it due to counter or do a healable amount of damage then you can waste things that moved up with ranged/horses/fliers

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Pretty much the skills which heal AoE or All are best, followed by skills that heal for a lot + caster. The worst healing type to actively avoid is the one that swaps health with the caster. The one which damages caster is just "ok" but will probably lead to the healer dying as a result of healing someone at least once if they dont also have at least a heal self special or something. I guess it's still early enough to say that the last two could end up being the best ones but just ticking up health every turn for free for the whole party just seems insurmountable and unfair in a lot of battles (particularly pvp.)

who has the AoE healing skills?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Nuebot posted:

But it's never just one. You move one unit, the whole enemy team attacks. At least, that's how it turns out on my end.

you can tap on enemy units ot see their attack ranges. find ones that dont overlap and dump one unit in that spot. theres also a danger zone toggle where you can see everywhere the enemy can attack with any unit

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Brother Entropy posted:

if it's like alot of gachas there will be more story added as time goes on and rotating events that will be where a lot of the main challenge lies

the events will likely have missions like on the mission board too so i imagine having a good variety of different types/series of characters raised might be a good idea

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

cheetah7071 posted:

Raising a 3-star character to 4-star is roughly a week of work. Raising a 4-star to 5-star is roughly a month of work.

this is assuming events dont drop any feathers at all and that 0 end up being available from the mission board. likely still a similar ballpark but it may be expedited with certain factors

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

LornMarkus posted:

I can't wait to see the monstrous things you can do with the characters with Gem Weapons (make the weapon triangle shifts more extreme) and Weaponbreaker. I mean they'll be screwed against anyone they're weak against, but still.

arthur gon be sick vs lances

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Brother Entropy posted:

admittedly he's very pretty

pretty lovely!!!!!!!!

(not in stats though dude is a murder train for me)

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

ApplesandOranges posted:

On another note, healers are probably one of the safest characters to leave at 4* because they barely get any skills at 5* worth grabbing and heals are a flat amount.

yeah some units get basically Personal weapons at 5*s which is a p big upgrade so those might be first priority. On that note, all 3 starting free story dudes have personal weapons @ 5 star, anna seems specifically powerful with a warp + vantage

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Yeah, I previewed a 5* Azama in the unit promotion window and apparently he gets a total of zero new skills if Inpromote him, which seems pretty lovely, but I guess it's a balance thing.

azama gets Threaten Atk at 5*s and thats all. You can check everyone's skill list if you click the magnifying glass while selecting them and then Skill List at the bottom

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Haha guess how many times you have to level and upgrade the starting units!!

to 20 3 times each then 22,200 feathers each :v:

plus they don't have the 'benefit' of being able to combine dupes into them to make up for lackluster stats!!!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Hmm, I was under the impression that you only need feathers for 4*-5*. Also (based on checking my own units,) you have to level them to 40, unless Im doing it wrong.

it says level 20 under unlock potential and I can do it with my lvl 20 3* lissa if i had the fethers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Roger Explosion posted:

Azuma also has the DEF to tank a surprising amount of damage. That paired with Threaten Attack means that he'll stay upright but still take enough damage to make Maryr worthwhile (heals 7HP+whatever damage he's taken).

Quick question: does dragon breath attack DEF or RES?

dragonstone based attacks are Res i am p sure