Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Countblanc posted:

ive voted for hector every single day and yet lyn is still winning. now i'm no mathematician but that just don't add up.

Where do they show who's winning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Tired Moritz posted:

Please vote for bara Ike instead of twink Ike.

Who says you have to pick just one!

Endorph posted:

yes. every map is 6x8.

For now, but gacha games always have a lot of feature creep because they want to give you new reasons to put money in. I would not be at all surprised to see larger, more complicated maps added as the game matures.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Super No Vacancy posted:

grozz have you voted for cynthia yet

Not yet, I've mostly stuck to PoR characters so far except for Hector and Ephraim. If I have room when I run out of characters I particularly care about I'll toss her a vote for you.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I voted for Tibarn, because he is badass and the best beast-type character in any FE game. Running out of PoR characters to vote for though, I'll probably vote for Marcia tomorrow and then move on to Awakening characters for the last few days.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Dr Pepper posted:

That's generally how it works in gatcha games yeah. They have special event pools with "rate up" units in which if you pull on the Gatcha and get a high ranking unit you're much more likely to get one of the advertised units.

As for showing the drop rates they actually have to do that due to Japanese gambling laws.

They have to do that in Japan, but most (if not all) games take those out out when localizing into other territories. It's actually really cool of Nintendo to keep that transparency in regions where they're not required to, although it might just be a function of not having different servers for Japan and the rest of the world.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Ugh, I might as well just go to bed so I can wake up to it all being fixed instead of checking the store every 2 minutes and when it finally is available it'll probably be broken anyway

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So I put my orbs into fully upgrading my castle after I got a 4* or better in every piece of the weapon triangle, and after doing that I finally scrounged up enough orbs to do another 5-summon. I don't have a healer yet and I was looking for an upgrade on Cherche for my green team member, so I was hoping to get a lot of green and gray stones. I committed the 5 orbs to start the summon and got... a green and 4 blues. Picked the green one first since you have to do at least one... and got 5* Camilla, which took a lot of the sting out. So I backed out after that to save the other 15 orbs since Florina has been holding down my blue spot pretty well, and now I'm grinding up Camilla and the 4* units I wasn't already using in my main team in the training tower to see how they compare after reaching similar levels. Once I'm done with that I should have enough time to blast through another 5 missions to do another summon, although I would like to hold some orbs back for whatever the next banners are. It's going to be weird playing a gacha game where we aren't several months of content behind the Japanese version so we know what's coming.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Presumably the next banners won't go up until the current ones expire on the 14th. Depending on who won the polls they might do some combination of the top 4 male/female characters, but since several of the characters leading in the polls are already in the game (including all four of the female characters from the last published version of the poll results) they might mix it up a bit rather than introduce new variants of existing characters right away.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Even though Awakening and Fates have dramatically expanded the series' popularity, Fire Emblem isn't nearly the kind of ubiquitous brand that Mario and Pokemon are, so for them to still do those kind of numbers on day 1 is pretty good. Does Super Mario Run have in-app purchases beyond the cost of buying the full game?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
You can bet your bottom dollar that there'll be Gaiden characters coming in May to cross-promote with Echoes. My guess is that Tellius characters are probably coming next, since Ike won the poll on the male side. I assume the laguz characters will function like manaketes, so hopefully they can use that to make the game less red-heavy than it is right now.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Hunt11 posted:

So any idea when we are going to get a fresh banner?

The 14th at the latest, since that's when the current ones are set to expire. But it could be earlier for all we know because there are plenty of gacha games that have multiple sets of banners running concurrently.

I did what I told myself was going to be my last pull until new banners just now, since I've only got about 30 orbs left to earn from the launch content (chapters 4-9 on Lunatic and the last couple maps on Hard). I was planning on saving more, but I was up to 7.5% 5* rate on the Legendary Heroes banner thanks to striking out a few times so I wanted to give it one last shot. My first four stones were two 4*s and two 3*s (although the silvers were Raven and Lilina, two characters I didn't have yet), so I was getting kinda bummed. But then 5* Lucina popped out of the last red. Was angling for Hector which was why I used the greens first, but I'll take it.

Do people think Luna or Aether is better for her personal skill? She seems pretty fragile so I feel like the shorter charge time on Luna might be more valuable so she can get kills faster.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kyte posted:

Considering we already have two banners right now it's unlikely they'll add yet another one.

There's plenty of gacha games that will have that many or more banners running on slightly offset schedules. I wouldn't expect new banners until the 14th, but there's at least a possibility of it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

AradoBalanga posted:

Well, for that game, name any archers that stood out from Marth's two games outside of one or two quirky lines. Yeah, almost none.

As for the "Why not Noire?" argument, I guess with Tharja being in the game they didn't want to double-down by having Noire in as well.

They could have put Wil in :colbert:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So is the consensus that it's better to sell dupe units for feathers rather than merge them with other units? Even after we get the 10k from the twitter campaign I'm gonna need a lot more to move Abel, Florina, or Gordin up to 5*.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I guess I have to work towards getting my 4* Abel upgraded if he's that good. His stats were pretty disappointing to me while I was using him but maybe my hash was just heavily backweighted for whatever reason. It all resets when you unlock potential anyway so whatever.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So will the stat boost I get for merging my 4* Gordins disappear when I bump him up to 5*? I guess it reduces the feather cost of promotion and would only give him SP if I waited until after to merge anyway so it's still probably worth doing.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So is there a way to grind for feathers outside of the arena quests that were just added? I'd really like to get my Abel and Gordin moved up to 5*, but I'm sitting on just 15k right now.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I hope Ephraim is good, I need a better blue and he's one of my favorites.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Part 2 of the Launch Celebration special maps is up, so don't forget to snag your easy 6 orbs

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Giving at least some method to grind feathers, even if it's extremely slow, would be a better solution than making them solely come from a piddly 15 per day at login and arena rewards (which you get more of if you're whaling and don't need them) once a week.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Did two summons, got 5* Eirika plus 4* Jacob, Roy, Nowi, and Sheena none of which I had yet. Eirika's skills seem... underwhelming.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ephraim is my dude but I only got 1 blue stone in the whole first two sets. :( I'm almost back up to 20 though so I'll do one more before bed.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
It just seems like this game is going to need to have either more frequent or more substantial content updates to maintain interest. Aside from the Narcian map this was the first update the game's had since launch, and it's 4 new heroes and a 3-map paralogue? Pretty underwhelming.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I like Raven's art a lot.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Alright, I finally hit 20k feathers thanks to the arena quests, so I have to make the dreaded team comp post to get some advice on which 4* unit to bump up.

Here's what I've got:

5*: Young Tiki (+HP, -Atk), Camilla (+Res, -Spd), Lucina (+HP, -Def), Eirika (can't tell yet because she's only 28 atm)
4*: Roy, Lon'qu, Hinata, Laslow, Selena, Cain, Tharja, Lilina, Florina, Abel, Nowi, Cherche, Raven, Sheena, Gordin, Niles, Matthew, Jakob, Sakura
3*: Fir, Draug, Eliwood, Stahl, Henry, Corrin (F), Barst, Bartre, Frederick, Narcian, Beruka, Cecilia, Felicia, Saizo, Clarine

And then all of the story characters and freebies at 2*. General discussions seem to indicate that Abel and Gordin are the best of the 4*s I have (Gordin has been rounding out my A-team pretty much since I pulled him, Abel I've been really underwhelmed with at 4* but maybe my RNG is just backloaded for him) unless I were to build a team around Tharja/Eirika but I don't have Nino (or a dancer, unless I moved up Olivia) to do that. Don't have any of the meta-busting units like Kagero or the good blue mages, unfortunately, and I'm hesitant to move up Corrin or Nowi since with Tiki in the team already that's just asking to get torn up by Falchion users.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Is Hawkeye any good? If so I might do a summon on this banner and just skip any red stones I get, since all I really want right now is better blues and Nino anyway.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Lord Ephraim posted:

Hawkeye is bad. Low defense and 22 speed. Any meaningful red unit doubles and kills him. His ability takes too long to charge even with a killer axe.

Bleh, guess I'm waiting another four days for the banner change to summon again then. Hopefully there'll be good blue/green units in focus then.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Obviously we won't know immediately until these characters get out in the wild, but from the descriptions Sanaki seems very strong if her stats aren't total garbage.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Two summons got me Lachesis and Eldigan, so I hope they're good! I also got 4* Arthur and Jorge who I didn't have before, everyone else was unremarkable. Jorge's supposed to be pretty good, right?

This game is still being extremely reticent to give me good blues, which is frustrating.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Kyte posted:

Having a 2-range heal is actually fairly useful since it means she can still heal your frontliner without risking archer attack or taking a ranged unit's spot in a chokepoint. Works best with Imbue, though.

By the way, they also datamined the next Grand Hero Battle (Ursula) and the 2nd banner of this batch (Nino, Effie, Felicia, Setsuna).

Well poo poo, if I had known Nino and Effie were incoming I would have saved more orbs. Ah well, should have plenty of time to save up more orbs.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Team Ephraim all the way

Where the hell is the Ursula Grand Hero battle and the next banner though, jeez

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So does the nature of a unit stay the same when you move it up a rank, or does it reset like their stats? I just pulled a Nino, but it's the 3* version and I don't want to blow 22k feathers if it's a version of her that's not even good.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

chiasaur11 posted:

Natures stay.

That's what I asssumed. Last I heard the calculator was only really good at telling natures from initial stats for 5* base units, is that still the case?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
So is a -Atk/+Spd Nino worth promoting to 5*? Is the attack penalty totally killer for her viability?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Clarste posted:

I don't think it would kill her viability. If you're even thinking about promoting her, you must have some sort of buff synergy in place, right? So she's getting like +8 Atk at least, and the differences become less meaningful. On the other hand, having +Spd and being able to double people you couldn't double before is amazing. For example, with +Spd and a Spd buff, Nino can ORKO Lucina, which is pretty cool.

That said, I have +Atk Nino and am kind of wishing she were +Spd instead, so maybe I'm not looking at this clearly.

I have Eirika, the combo of her and Tharja has been doing a lot of work for me even with the latter at 4* so I might just go all-in on the buff team. It would be better if I had Azura, but I could theoretically use my next set of feathers on Sharena a third buff and more weapon triangle coverage and stick with Lucina until then. Unless I were to pull another buffing unit in the meantime, of course.

I also just pulled Oboro, who looks to maybe be a viable piece in a buff team thanks to Rally Defense? Not quite as useful as Fortify since she can't take her own turn, but I'll have to experiment with it some.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Where the gently caress are the Tellius characters, you dicks

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Tired Moritz posted:

maybe they're trying to figure out how the furries work

It's not like they're adding entire rosters of games at once, they could just start with the human characters! :mad:

And I assume they would just work like manaketes, just with weapons that attack Def and not Res.

Clarste posted:

Lucius, monk (expect he has a staff in picture, so healer I guess?).

I agree that the picture certainly seems to imply that he'll be healing, which is weird because Linde is already in the game as a blue mage using light magic. I guess they did just add two blue mages to the game (three if you count Ursula) but did the game really need more healers?

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Mar 13, 2017

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: one of the daily quests is to win four arena duels. What the gently caress, nintendo.

You get a free dueling crest for winning the first duel so it's really not an issue. Burn the crest you get to finish the win 4 duels and defeat 20 Lv. 10+ enemies quests.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Well, I'm gonna have to chose between Ursula or Anna for arena this week I guess. Does Ursula have the stats to be a decent user for Blarblade? Would it be worth mulching 3* Odin to give her that, New Moon and Red Tomebreaker 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Roger Explosion posted:

Keep in mind Blarblade will increase the number of actions it takes to charge New Moon. Otherwise, yes. I'd save the SP an forget about the Tomebreaker though.

Right, but Growing Thunder might as well not exist for the purpose of Arena, whereas New Moon might at least occasionally come into play. Is there any reason to not inherit the maximum number of skills when consuming a unit? I still have yet to try it out.