Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
After four full pulls I still only have one 5* hero, I don't think this game likes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Levelling units past 20 may be necessary if you don't have enough feathers to rank units up. Unless you just stop playing the story missions you'll need units at a higher level and you may not have a team of 5*.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Because I lack self control I decided to try one more pull of this banner and managed to get Ephraim and Seliph, I already had Julia. If only I had this luck when I was trying to get Lucina.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Agoat posted:

I wonder if we'll see re-releases of the same character. Games like Dokkan Battle have a hundred versions of Goku, so why not?

We'll be getting alt versions of the vote winners Lyn, Roy and Lucina at some point.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Robin is cool but I worry that she'll just be straight up inferior to Julia and I'll end up never using her.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It only shows defensive wins. So your team has lost every time.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Lunatic 7-2 is the best for that quest. It has two amour foes for 18 stamina.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Leo is really popular in Japan, I recall someone saying that he has a big name voice actor over there.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Oil of Paris posted:

Anyone know of an easy map to grind lvl 40 Calvary?

Lunatic 8-4 has three lvl 40 Calvary for 20 stamina which I think is the best for the quest.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Blew all my orbs trying for Lucina, ended up with Ryoma and Erika who are good are ok respectively but just are not what I wanted.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I am not looking forward to weeks of having to babysit this 4* Sully in Arena. That she's only level 20 doesn't help but she's the best I have out of a bad bunch.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Getting to use characters I don't have as part of the hero battle is fun. So far it's made me wish I had Klein and Nowi.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I have four different 5* red sword lords but I'd trade them all for one Lucina.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Rascyc posted:

Who are they? Since dragons faded in my arena ranges I am very happy with Ryoma. I have a god Ryoma though, +ATK/-Hp.

I also have a Ryoma (+atk/-res) as well as a Marth, Seliph and Erika.

I only got Ryoma today so I haven't played with him all that much but so far I'm happy with him. I also have Julia for dragons if I was ever worried about them. So it's not like I need Lucina, it's just that I would like her.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Here's a video of someone beating Ursala lunatic mode with all 3* characters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2Sn_f2378

I recommend watching this to get an understanding of how the enemies on the stage behave and then adapting based on the units you have. I don't have Subaki so I subbed in Hinoka but she did too much damage allowing the armour unit to teleport, so I also replaced Lissa with a 4* Cecilia who could kill the armour and then not die to a ninja.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
After doing well in the Princess banner I'm back to pulling nothing but garbage from this new banner. Granted there was nothing on this banner I felt I must have but it's always nice to pull something to play around with.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Pulled on the new banner because I wanted a Minerva, my best flying green is currently a 3* Beruka so I wanted an upgrade. Instead I pulled a 5* Hawkeye who I suspect is bad and will never use.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Whales wouldn't whale if they were only matched up against other whales. One of the reasons to drop money on a game like this is to have an advantage over other players.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Finally beat the tenth stratum horse mission with my rotating squad of 4* units. Eliwood and Peri are both awful and I couldn't trust then to do anything, Gunter is there for the buff but Ursala, Frederick and Cecelia are all good units who I could rely on to kill units while not dying.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
My luck on the last few banners has been good but this banner is not being kind. 80 orbs deep so far and nothing to show for it so far.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Spent all my orbs and got no bunnies, but at least I now have five Berukas. :suicide:

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So, whats a good map to grind out the kill 15 level 40 fliers quest? I need those orbs to get another full pull, hoping to get a fury unit for Anna so I can breach top 5k.

Paralogue 4-1 lunatic has 2 level 40 fliers for 13 stamina, I think 9-1 costs more stamina but also has horse units which are needed for a different orb quest so may end up being better in the long run.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
So many orbs spent on two Lucina banners and now bunny Lucina banners and zero Lucinas.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

W.T. Fits posted:

Got my appearance rate up to 4%/4%.

Did a draw, one green orb, opened it up, 4* Raven.

Did another draw, two green orbs, opened the first one, 3* Arthur. Paid $2 to get enough orbs to open the second.

5* Hawkeye. :smith:

At least Hawkeye equals a Death Blow 3 for a unit you like better.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Colourless is the only "colour" I don't have a 5* of but pulling there is a nightmare, I've ended up with so many healers who aren't even good for skill inheritance.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I wish I had a Kagero who wasn't minus speed.

Of course I could build that one up in the hope I could merge it and its skills into a better natured Kagero one day but that seems optimistic.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
An off banner 5* Marth reset my pity bonus which was annoying, especially as I already have a 5* Marth. Then I thought at least this one might have a better nature than my +atk/-spd Marth but nope this one has exactly the same nature.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

GLAAD trash bags posted:

Today I realized even though I've pulled 7-8 natural 5 stars, including 2 hectors. I've never pulled any rarity of Nino, ever. Which I suppose is why I've never really seen the hype of full buff teams.

I've been playing since day one and have also never pulled a Nino.

Instead I have countless Berukas.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Spent a bunch of money on orbs and got nothing but 3*s with the exception of a 4* Saizo.

Do not be me.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
You can use that Lucina and hope that one day you pull a better Lucina you could merge it into.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Can I merge a merged unit into an unmerged unit? For example lets say I had a +4 Nino with bad IVs and an unmerged Nino with better IVs could I merge my +4 Nino into it and end up with a +5 Nino with the IVs I wanted?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Tired Moritz posted:

oh loving god, I got a five star Ogma when I'm going for Ike.

What the gently caress, Ogma sucks. I'm running out of orbsss

OH MY GOD ITS loving ATK-

At least you now have a Brave Sword+ to give to a super Hana.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Kyte posted:

How the gently caress do you beat Ursula Lunatic when you have to carry your own Ursula as dead weight (all her advantages are negated in this map) and you don't have Hector (which is easy mode and honestly gently caress all of you who beat it with him).

I did it by using fRobin to kill the Ursula and then using my Spring Xander to tank the hits from the two ninja and the red horse. I had a Cecilia kill the armour unit over two turns, once that was gone I sent sXander and Cecilia on the offensive and was able clear the map.

Any tanky blue unit can replace sXander, you can probably replace Cecila with another mage too but I liked that she's not infantry and has type advantage over the ninjas with her weapon.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
What is the best tactic for flag usage? Should I be using them in the first round or saving them for later rounds? I'm with team Julia so it looks like neither side going to get low enough to get the 3X bonus.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Spent 40 orbs on the new banner and pulled a -HP/+Def Ike. I don't need an Ike as I have a Ryoma and I would have quite like a Celica instead but it's better than nothing and ends the 5* drought that I had been going through.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
This voting gauntlet has made me want to pull a Klein so much, every time I get to use one he murders stuff. The fact that my best archer is a 4* Niles just makes Klein seem even better by comparison.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Really wanted Klein from the new banner as my best archer is a level 20 4* Niles. Of course I didn't get him but at least I have three more Wyrs.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

cheetah7071 posted:

Assuming for the moment that super Tiki already wrecks all green tomes, what's Julia's best option for B slot? Right now I have an incredibly useless escape route but the usual advice for her is G Tomebreaker which I don't super need

Bowbreaker maybe?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I don't have a 5* archer (or healer) so I may pull some colourless orbs tomorrow so I can't wait to get some more Wrys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I love getting the choice of only reds and greens. At least the 4* Palla I had to pull before backing out can give someone Moonbow.