Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Right now my arena strategy is to let Lucina, Camilla, and Takumi smash into the enemy and die, then let Effie just sweep up what's left.

It works ~90% of the time.

Effie is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Is an attack minus Summer Leo worth anything, or should I just stick his attack ploy on Nino to make her more survivable? Not sure who else I would even put it on.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Finally got another Brave hero!

It's -atk Lucina. Another 5 star lance to throw in the pile.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I like Lucina as a character and I'm still going to level her up, but I don't think she'll knock off Ephraim as a buffbot I staple to Nino on my non-Horse Emblem teams.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Akett posted:

I hope I never lack a tempest trial bonus unit from the higher tier ever again. It's crazy how much difference a mere one or two hundred points makes on how quick this poo poo goes, especially when you factor in the triple score runs.

Especially when one of them is a dancer. Ninian and Brave Bow Lyn are basically speedrunning this for me.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I already have too many blue lances, but it is going to be very difficult to resist whaling for the truest and best Fire Emblem monster, Nephenee.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Still need to decide if I want to give her Sol or Aether instead, but Nephenee is ready?

Thordain fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 15, 2017

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Someone in Tier 20 is so committed to Boey they made him their Bow Lyn counter: Gronnraven+, TA3, Bowbreaker, the whole works.

Olivia baited and killed him immediately.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Tempest Trials always push me to build some neat squads, so now I have Arden and Arvis being airlifted around maps by Tana and Inigo and having kind of a blast with it. I really want to play around with Guidance Michalis on an armor team now.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Since Arvis turned out to not be an armor mage, who should get the Close Counter off of the Takumi I'm going to mulch? Leon seems like he has enough defense to make it work, or I could make Innes a dragon slayer.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Two green orbs, two 4 star Bartre's. At least that multimerge is going well.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

loquacius posted:

I'm at tier 17 and have never really had a problem advancing; is Arena gonna suddenly become an excruciating experience when I hit t19 or what

I tend to bounce between 17 and 18 at this point, but I've never bothered to build anything better than Horse Emblem + dancer.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I got a +Atk Lute and uh....yeah she just hits like a truck. Usually doesn't even get to that second attack.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I still need to decide how to upgrade Neph's Slaying Lance. Part of me wants to upgrade defense to get that number as high as possible, but she's already not taking damage at 40 def and I'd like her to be able to tank more dragons.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Nephenee is the rare physical unit that prefers Fury to distant counter. She can take on and beat anything that isn't a green dragon at close range, but she needs allies who can take on mages to fit in a team.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I hit 4906 this week so I think I'll get into 20 for the first time as well, and without any merges too.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

valuum posted:

Running an armor team? I have +5 5* merges on 3 dragons, and Hana at 4*+6, gave me 4900 (without any rerolling). Currently rank 9754 of 12696 though, so all's well.

Vanguard Ike, Myrrh, Fjorm and Micaiah, which lets me turn armor teams into goo.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
The next step up from double life and death and Fury is Basilikos Raven with Fortress defense.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Got a +atk -res Celica, which seems like the best Celica?

Now give me evil Robin.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Since she is my first sweepy sword lord, Celica seems pretty fun.

It probably won't come up much but it looks like if there is a tie for most speed on a team Chill Speed will debuff them both , which is cool.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Joining team Grima, if you want a very fast and tough Nephenee, I'm 7727085246.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Counterpoint: This song is very good and the only reason I unmuted to play these stages.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Well, after more than a year of hoping, I finally pull Hector.

He's -atk, +spd...

At least Myrrh is living up to her full potential now.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Once again I finally pull the legendary hero after showing my thirst and spending money, but at least Lyn unlocked my arena frustrations and got me my deathless run.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I've had to force myself back after I started spending once for every banner, the monthly deals definitely feel like an attempt to grab people like me.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

rannum posted:

it's not terrible or anything but like...lightning breath is so good so...

I mean...if you're already running Dragon emblem with three other lightning breath users it could be useful? Maybe?

Edit: The accessory menu is cool.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Was there a Mario Sunshine esque turn at the Fire Emblem theme for last year's summer banners? Because I am really digging it.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I just blew 200 orbs and got...Elise and a Valentine's Roy.

Well, that sucked.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Neph's Dauntless Lance is the slaying lance with 2 more might, plus armor slayer. The refine gives speed/Defense stance, which feels absurdly strong.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Centzon Totochtin posted:

ok I'm stuck on the guidance one, I can't one-shot the armors

e: oh you just ignore the flier and make a bee-line for the forest

Move Ayra and Tana horizontal to the forest tile across the river, the pegasus will suicide onto Ayra, move Tana up and guidance over into the forest, the green armor suicides onto Ayra, then use Tana and Ayra to bring down the red armor.

Edit: Yeah.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Just need to pull two more and he'll be ready for the big time.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

What's up Oscar buddy? Mine's already a lead under 7727085246.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Pretty much, I used BK with quick riposte to down Henry, and without armor march zipping him around Jakob can be managed by a ranged character and a healer

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I guess I'll grab Veronica and then just pull for Hector and Celica. Looked like she had a 46/36 offensively which seems good enough to run that razzle dazzle.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
After ~180 orbs, I've picked up nothing but pity breakers, a Swordhart, an Eldigan, and a Brave Lucina(??). At least I finally got my last Oscar.
Please game, give me a Lector.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Sodium Chloride posted:

You mean Brave Hector and not Legendary Hector.

Easy to get confused with four Hectors now.

Oh right, while I would like a Lector, please give me a Bector game.

Also they added more chain challenges.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

THE loving MOON posted:

Does 3572 sound like enough to go from 19->20? Arena was actually fun this week. Ran Fir, Linus, Ninian, and Veronica. It was actually a lot of fun.

Probably not, I expect to drop with a 3591. Really enjoy this trend of ploy mages as the bonus units, I was able to slot Lute right in and have her wreck shop.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

I got Oscar Hall of Fame Worthy, and he'll be on the Veronica squad under 7727085246

My horrible luck on the brave banner was finally redeemed in some way by getting a +speed -res L!Marth.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I don't feel strongly about any of these characters...I guess Flora sounds interesting at least, kind of a weird skillset though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
Well...I finally have a Reinhardt I guess. Might as well see what all the buzz is about.