Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Lute is as high on the English list as she is in part because she is a gaming gremlin. (Warning: NSFW, language and stuff.)

Aren't these the results of the global voting bloc? I didn't think they were doing it independently by region/country.

I mean, that would explain why the Corrins are on the list in the first place, since they always end up high on the Japanese lists. At least there are some decent picks there, to make up for all the lovely ones in the top 10. Also, how the hell did Nino of all people crack the top 20? Are people just voting for her since she was in the trailer? She's not from a recent game like a lot of the trash choices, and I wasn't aware she was a particularly popular character, even limiting choices to just FE7 - let alone everything.

vv edit: ...I didn't even see her, though at #11 I'm going to claim she fits the "lovely ones in the top 10" part. I'm going to go with she's there because of a joke/meme voting bloc from somewhere, because I refuse to believe she's legitimately that popular overall.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

yeah and corrin is pretty moronic but it's not like she's any dumber than any of the other characters in fates

Nah, Corrin's definitely among the dumbest - at least the Conquest version. Only ones who give them a run for their money are Azura in general, the Nohr royals - also on the Conquest route - and the Awakening trio on the Birthright route - taking into account the DLC as to why they're supposedly there in the first place.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

And today brings a vote from me for the worst pseudo-Est in the series. Because just because she's an utterly horrible character in terms of gameplay doesn't mean she shouldn't get any votes.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Vika is available in Part 1 of RD, so not exactly a latecomer in the game - even if her availability after that is poo poo. She's also not remotely close to level 1.

I was talking about Sophia. :v:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Also because voting for the same person 13 times is dumb and lame and right up there with voting for Corrin if you're doing so to try and make them win.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

That Arthur art is amazing.

On a serious note, I'm not a particular fan of being able to buy dueling swords with orbs. Maybe I've just been acquainted with the wrong gatcha games, but in my experience ranking is either purely superfluous and doesn't really matter for anything other than status, or ranking gives stuff but you have a fixed number of matches per day that can't be changed (at least for the MP part). Dueling swords being purchasable combined with ranking giving actual rewards is going to result in the upper ranks filled with nothing but whales.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

...F/GO locked out phone emulators over a year ago when they implemented some code change or another. I'd actually forgotten DeNA was associated with F/GO, but given policies there, what are the chances Heroes will end up locked to emulators as well?

I suppose we might find out in two days.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Got through the first two tutorial maps and proceeded just continuously hit communications errors as well. Just going to go to bed for the night.

My Anna did get a nice two levels though in the tutorial, so it definitely is just RNG.
+1 Spd, Res, SP
+1 Atk, Spd, Def, SP

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, awake and rolled for the first time. Not a great first roll with no characters I incredibly care about, though Oboro is nice, and it wasn't a super roll in terms of stars either (3 3-stars, 1 4-star, 1 5-star), but holy poo poo 5-star Takumi comes with Fujin Yumi and it's just as good as it was in Fates (14 mt, can pass through foes). Level 1, 22 Atk seems incredible.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 2, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Samba De Amigo posted:

I got the 803-3001 on my Lyn account...

:negative:

If you haven't looked it up already, try deleting Heroes from your device and then re-download it. THIS IS ASSUMING YOU'VE LINKED YOUR ACCOUNT.

If not, maybe just see if you can wait it out?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

My 4-star Oboro has now gotten two perfect levels. I don't think anyone else on my team has even gotten one (though plenty of good ones), and they're all around the same level. She's, uh, pretty powerful. And yeah, healers are currently really good in Arena.

Managed to snag 5-star Lucina with my second full pick (second actual pick I stopped after 2 for color reasons). Bringing me to Takumi and Lucina as my 5-stars, and Oboro, Fa, and Cecilia as my 4-stars.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Andrast posted:

Why does my lvl11 sophia have 30 attack

Because some of the mages have ludicrously insane Atk growths. Ran into a lvl ~13-14 Tharja(that had to have been a 5-star) in the Arena that had 33 attack. That was an... interesting experience getting rid of her, as it was on the lava map and I have no fliers. Utterly obliterated one of my blue characters (she's red) in one hit, and I ended up sacrificing Serra as well to deal just enough damage to be able to remove her with someone else in a single hit so she couldn't counter.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

You've got a healer, which is all you really need - your free units can actually pull their weight, which is unusual for these kind of games. Sharena in particular is really good thanks to Rally Strength. Anna's a bit low on defenses and Alfonse doesn't really stand out, though.

Sharena seems to turn out good - both in terms of stat gains and Rally Strength, but Alphonse seems like junk. Sol chain for his special isn't that great, and his Spd growth seems horrible - Spd 5 at lvl 8 - with his other stats nowhere near balancing it out. Sure, it's better than my Sophia that still has Spd 2 at lvl 7, but he's still being nearly doubled by my 3-star Draug, who's even a level lower. Being 1 point off being doubled by a lower level Armor Knight is not exactly endearing him to me.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

For those freaking out about linking your account, pretty sure you can still reroll.

Or at least I can't imagine what other function "Delete All Data" and removing your Nintendo Account link would serve. I'll admit I haven't actually tried it as I was at least okay with my two rolls (.5) so far, and any one-time awards that were turned in (like the 10 bonus orbs) would obviously be gone.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Aerox posted:

Is it better to roll on "Legendary Heroes" or "Deep Devotion" or does it not matter?

Are you more interested in getting Marth/Tiki/Robin/Lucina, or Roy/Lyn/Camilla/Takumi?

Possible draws in the gatcha are the exact same for both options, there's just rate-up of getting one of them as a 5-star in the respective focuses.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nuebot posted:

So the arena is kind of bullshit. It shows me a guy using the 5* arrow chick as his unit for the advanced one. I click on it because I know I could kick that thing's rear end. Fight loads, nothing but heavy armor spear users.

EDIT: Serriously, this effie unit is nearly indestructible.

5-star arrow chick??? :confused: Last time I checked the only 5-star archers available were Takumi and Jeorge. And Takumi's skillset includes Close Counter, which does exactly what it sounds like, so don't necessarily think that'll be easy.

As for chancing hidden armors, just make sure to either keep a mage on your team, or find someone with an anti-armor weapon. Example: Oboro's 4/5-star weapon is a Heavy Spear, which is effective against armor. She's been going wrecking stupid 22+ DEF armors when I need her to easily. Some of the sword units get Armorslayers as well.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I got a second Lucina

I don't know whether this is lucky or unlucky

"Hilariously" I had this exact thing happen as well a bit ago. Only rolled three 5-stars so far, and two of them are Lucinas. Current plan is to just level the other one up as well, I guess, and see which one turns out better. I've also already come across someone using multiple of the same 5-star on their Arena team though (ALSO Lucina dupes).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Yeah it's just no fun at all. My whole team is like 15 or so, it's almost always Tiki's too that just show up and sweep the whole team without taking a single point of damage.

Honestly Tiki is not a great choice for the ringer, because people bringing in 5-star Chrom/Marth/Lucina/Roy(?) will absolutely obliterate her, despite level disparity, due to effective weaponry and extremely high base attack. Not to say it doesn't suck for those who don't, but if you're being a dick and doing that in the first place there are other 5-stars that will do the same without the vulnerability.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

For a non-lord, Catria really has a nice skill list. Rolled a 4* version of her earlier and, while her level ups have only been mediocre (lvl 24 - HP 28, Atk 28,Spd 22,Def 19, Res 13) she's still performing decently because the skills are so complimentary. If I ever get a 5* version, or eventually rank-up this one, I'm hoping the stat ups end up better so she can be the true murder machine she is in the actual game.

She's got the New Moon/Luna special and a Killer Lance, so she's ignoring a huge chunk of Def quite often, and she's got Armored Blow and Seal Attack to charge most things relatively safely and then massively debuff them for their turn.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Feb 3, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Out of idle curiosity, how does a Nowi with decent stats stand up to Falchion wielders? Fae obviously gets destroyed since she's dealing with triangle disadvantage along with effective weaponry, and Tiki fares poorly as well while sharing the same spot on the triangle. Nowi's a blue though, with triangle advantage, so does it affect things enough to actually make her usable against them?

I don't have, or want, a Nowi, but there are more manaketes we'll get eventually, so happen to be thinking about this in case we get more blue ones eventually.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Haha guess how many times you have to level and upgrade the starting units!!

Eh, Anna and Sharena are easy enough to level, though accumulating the needed number of feathers may take a while, so they seem a decent enough investment. It's Alphonse that I can't find any use for. lovely speed and not particularly good HP/Def does not a good melee unit make, and he's got no real support skills either.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Are there any other dancers/bards besides Olivia currently? She seems hella good.

Azura.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Tae posted:

Maria has miracle which, if abilities are 100%, means she can be an effective tank if she only faces one unit?

From experience running into it on a random enemy, I think it's once per map. At the very least, after he got healed off 1 hp I still killed him in a single attack with someone.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

I mean whenever arena seasons roll over that's a good chunk of feathers right there.

Then again, one 4-to-5 upgrade every two months still sounds pretty obscene, especially when final weapon stages are locked to 5.

Also how the hell do I unlock the bottom right location?

The Paralogue section is still greyed out as well. Presumably they're both features they'll be adding in the very near future (as opposed to some new feature later one where they'd flat out add something new) but isn't implemented yet.

Also, some of these Arena teams are really goddamn annoying. Multiple high level Takumis with Close Counter are an incredible pain to deal with. If you have no morals, absolute best way to farm Defensive wins at the moment would probably be 2 Takumis, one Falchion wielder, and some random low-level green unit to sucker people with "lead" your team. Meanwhile, I have some and apparently no one wants to fight my Oboro. :(

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Oboro has been good to me. She can usually wreck red and blue armors and trade favorably with green armors.

e: Oboro also has seal defense and threaten res. She's pretty good at cracking open tanks

In addition to those skills, Oboro is also carrying a Heavy Lance - she's possibly the best non-mage currently out for cracking open armors irrespective of color. My main issues with her are her(at least for me) relatively low HP and lowish speed. It's good enough to normally double armors, but I'm starting to run into issues with her getting doubled by other stuff - and while her defenses are okay, combined with that low HP and it causes issues.

Phyresis posted:

I think in general we are not exploring the mages enough and dismissing many out of hand. The problem is that Stats Are What Matter and we don't have like a good compilation of level 40 5* stats for everyone. I'm already mulling over a team that is more responsive to this metagame. But multiple Takumis is always going to be a nightmare. It's a shame that flyers are almost hated out of the meta.

The problem with mages is that they're rare enough that not everyone is even getting them. Like, here's my current list:

5*: Takumi (Colorless), Lucina (Red), Lucina (Red), Azura (Blue)
4*: Stahl (Red), Oboro (Blue), Effie (Blue), Catria (Blue), Raven (Green), Fae (Green), Cecilia (Green), Clarine (Colorless)
3*: Hinata (Red), Draug (Red), Eliwood (Red), Stahl (Red), Palla (Red), Raigh (Red), Raigh (Red), Henry (Red), Sully (Blue), Barst (Green), Frederick (Green), Frederick (Green), Gunther (Green), Cherche (Green), Nino (Green), Nils (Colorless), Saizo (Colorless), Clarine (Colorless), Serra (Colorless)
2*: Alphones (Red), Hana (Red), Raigh (Red), Sophia (Red), Sharena (Blue), Donnel (Blue), Subaki (Blue), Anna (Green), Virion (Colorless), Virion (Colorless), Matthew (Colorless)
1*: Hana (Red), Donnel (Blue), Subaki (Blue), Virion (Colorless)

I've highlighted every single character I have that hits resistance. It comes down to 5 Red mages (3 of which are Raigh), with none above 3*, effectively 3 Green mages, with two at 4*, and absolutely 0 Blue mages. This is AFTER dumping 40 orbs yesterday on three draws desperately hunting for one - nope, first was an utter poo poo quadruple red draw with a single green, and none of the others turned up either a 5* or any useful mages of any color.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Zurai posted:

If Lucina beats the relevant blue non-knights, then so does Lyn, especially if Lyn is dinged from a prior engagement and thus is both a point faster and a point stronger than Lucina. Camilla's role isn't to be the vanguard. She's an assassin. She trumps any non-red, non-Takumi ranged character and shits all over mages because her Resistance is absurd.

EDIT: Source for my stats talk.

The problem with this argument is why are you assuming one is dinged and the other isn't? All things even, with both taken ~50% damage, congrats Lyn has just barely managed to surpass Lucina's single hit damage by one point - but Lucina now doubles her, let alone anyone else. Because while Lyn has Desperate Attack (or so I assume from how you worded that), Lucina has Desperate Speed, which will kick in before Falchion potentially heals her as well. And with Lucina's specials ignoring huge chunks of Def as well, that pushes her even further ahead in the damage race.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

I been playing arena for a few days but haven't gotten any thing from defending, an I missing something?

cheetah7071 posted:

That means your team isn't beating anybody. This isn't too surprising since the dumbass AI is controlling your team and you presumably don't have a full whale setup

Clarste posted:

I tried that, doesn't work. Takumi is certainly good, but everyone's pretty used to dealing with him by now. My Takumi team with Nino as the face has exactly 0 defense wins. You'd be better off with another good character in that slot.

It might just mean literally no one is actually choosing you as well. Which is what I think happened to me last season, and continues into this one. Ergo, my "Defense Results" tab simply says "No Records", and presumably a loss should be a record as well as a win. I'm also a monster who eventually tossed two sub-lvl 10s in with 5* lvl 30+s in a desperate attempt to get something, so you'd think I'd have gotten at least 1 win by now if people were actually picking me.

At least Defence is worth by far the least feathers as well, since you can't actually control whether anyone picks you, and loses, or not.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Three FE 4 characters made the top 100, so that's something at least. Thracia didn't even manage that, and only got 4 people in the top 300 (Leif, Finn, Olwen, and Mareeta).

For my own personal selections, worst performing was RD Marcia, who finished way down at 351. My two SD/NME choices were hurt by that loving split, despite them using the exact same art in both games unlike 9/10, with Catria at 181/224 (totaled votes puts her at 112) and Linde at 187/316 (totaled votes puts her at 140). Only person of mine, aside from Awakening characters + Hector, who finished in the top 100 was Sophia of all people at 90. Never thought she was particularly popular, so somewhat amazed by that.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Picked the middle one because I'm doing the Hard quest that required ten Intermediate+ wins. Team I got had two Takumis.

I won anyway (albeit with only Jeorge standing in the end). Eat poo poo Takumi.

I want Robin so bad.

Nuebot posted:

I wonder if Takumi will get nerfed because this is kind of batshit.

Poor babies. Likelihood is probably about the same as the bullshit of matching you against a team with probably 20 levels over you. Or rather, "let's put you against a team with a 40, two ~35s, and a 21+ when you're coming with two 34s, a 28 and a 13 (healer). And then give them a map that massively favors them too due to typing." So much for "well it looks at the average of total levels" bullshit.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

He gets colorless advantage, so he's actually a better mate against a lot of units. :v:

Can these people really complain when that level 13 healer does the same thing for them against even lower level people?

That's not my lead team that people have to fight, that's my slightly modified primary team to try and get around those lovely teams with lvl 1s on them floating around. Also, it's convenient for leveling my 4* Clarine (replacing my lvl 27 3* one on my main squad).

Besides, in that case the team was flat out significantly more powerful than me across the board, not just relying on a single ringer or two with low level chaff.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 9, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Zurai posted:

Actually he's good at face tanking and killing red lords, too. None of them are any better at hurting him than Takumi is, really; they can mostly double him but he doesn't get countered by them (except Ryoma). Linde, the other main blue mage, can't say the same. She'll demolish any red unit on the attack, but if she gets caught out she's utterly dead.

Something's wrong there. Maybe your Robin is -Spd. Working completely on average stats, Robin deals 30 damage to Takumi and takes 6 damage in return.

At a guess they're running into Vengeance activations, because that's the only real way I'm seeing Takumi doing more than about what you said if they're the same rarity and the levels are roughly the same. If you nearly kill Takumi, and then he activates Vengeance on a counter, his attack will skyrocket for that attack but won't show up on the pre-battle damage numbers (though it will on the HP pool).

Haven't run the numbers, but I'm guessing it's either low-health Vengeance or Sophia's Dragon Fang (does anyone else get this one?) that's the most damaging special at the moment.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Zurai posted:

Ahh, yeah Vengeance is probably it. I prefer to initiate against Takumi by letting him take the first shot at Robin, so I don't get Vengeanced and I only take 6 damage instead of 12 when killing him. Not always possible but it's the ideal.

As for most damaging special, it's almost certainly Astra. +150% damage is going to be more damage than 50% of your missing health.

I should have said "most dangerous special." You're right that you could get some truly ridiculous damage with Astra (aim Anna at Linde, for example), but if you're only doing 2 damage initially, Astra's still only going to do 6 damage. I sort of consider it a Win More special, though there are plenty of situations where it'd be genuinely useful. Dragon Fang adds +50% Atk before Res is subtracted though, so it's capable of nuking targets that are initially almost/completely immune to your damage. There are other similar skills, that add +50% of some stat or another, along with Luna which does the reverse, but Atk tends to be the highest stat overall for most of those characters, so I rate Dragon Fang very slightly higher than them.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

What new and "interesting" things will the tower come up with next?

Why yes, that is a Roy with Miracle, along with Seal Defense 3 and Threaten Speed 3.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

:eyepop:

Yeah, that's just nuts. How did you end up beating him?

I let him run himself face first into Azura, and thankfully Miracle didn't activate. It was helped by him initially not moving when he had something in range, so I could take out everything else first. That actually makes two battles today where an AI unit hasn't charged despite being in range.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

3 more gacha pulls only picking blues yielded a 4* Shanna, 4* Oboro (already had one), and a 5* Peri + a 3* Cherche from a set with 1 Green/4 Colorless. Come the gently caress on game, give me a blue mage already.

Odds of a blue mage from blue picks:
1/6 for 3*
2/9 for 4* (counting the two manakete)
2/9 for 5* (normal) + focus 5*

Currently have, for blue, two 5* (Azura, Peri), seven 4* (Catria, Shanna, Florina, Effie, 2x Oboro, Sharena), 3* Sully, 2* Donnel & Subaki. I'd cheerful sac half my 4* pulls plus Peri for a single goddamn 3* blue mage pull.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hector is ludicrously rare at the moment, so trying to say that's a good way is absurd - at least there are two possible dancers, one of which could even drop at 3*. Olivia is also supposedly going to be a Special Map drop at some point, so there's that too.

Anyways, here's the video you're talking about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNqrhjZmbI0.

Aside from Azura, Nino was 38 and the other two were 40, so the "40 party to brute force your way" line is actually in full effect. And Kagero specifically has extremely high speed and Res for a physical ranged unit, so if you don't have her - or can't double the red sword and also survive the mage knight counter attack with someone else - you're going to struggle with that tactic.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, since I was only interested in blues, after getting a bit over 20 orbs I decided to go hunting again before going to bed.

...Did 3 draws.

...Got exactly 0 blue orbs.

Seriously, what the gently caress. I've seen 3 blue orbs in the last 6 draws (30 orbs).

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Alright, got through Narcian hard using a lvl 39 +Def/-Spd Takumi shoved into the chokepoint. Still wouldn't have been enough base, so tossed on +4 buffs to Res and Def from various sources as well. After that it was just cleanup.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Spellman posted:

I was wailing (whaling) on a LV39 Hector with LV40 Marth, Roy+ and Takumi, for two straight turns, and he didn't die

Assuming yours were 5*, then something was wrong. Like, even though Lucina has Luna to murder the hell out of Hector, she's still doing more damage than she's taking even base, and she hits twice. Marth and Roy shouldn't be too far off that, though without Luna it might take a bit longer. The trick with Takumi is to get Hector to smash him in the face once, so you get a massive damage buff from Vengeance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

My 5* are all over the place.

-Takumi is -3 Spd/+4 Def. The +Def has been helpful a number of times, but -Spd is a slight issue.
-Lucina is -3 HP/+4 Def. This is overall pretty good.
-Azura is -4 HP/-3 Res/+3 Atk/+3 Spd. This is, uh, really even more of a glass cannon than usual. Reds really don't like her though.
-Lucina #2 & Peri are low/mid 20s, so who the hell knows.

As I use Azura more, I am noticing a big issue that armors have, mainly applicable to the Arena. That being, if someone has a ranged attacker and a dancer (and now everyone does), it doesn't matter if the ranged attacker can only do 1 damage at a time - they will kill the armor before it ever gets to attack. Hector's exempt from this due to Distant Counter, but he's the only one.