Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I like the small maps idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In games containing microtransactions, a "whale" is a player who becomes addicted to the game and spends an unreasonable amount of money on in-game resources, thereby subsidizing the game for others.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Previous Nintendo-branded mobile titles have been pretty responsible about the risk of creating whales, haven't they? I guess we'll see.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's not her fault that she was in a game with a stupid plot device, really.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Endorph posted:

Iunno, I liked Ike too. seems like fire emblem is good at handling those sorts of characters.

it's very racist to call Ranulf that

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Some people think that the fact that they were into something for longer makes that thing more theirs. Seen it a thousand times. It is the way of fandom.

I think that something like this is still going to get people more interested in the games they haven't played anyway.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

thinking of voting for Candace

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I can't decide whether to vote for Devdan or Danved.

Edit: I chose Devdan. Danved can eat poo poo

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 30, 2017

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I couldn't vote for even half the characters I wanted to.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If a character can increase their stars and their skills but characters drawn with more stars have things that others can't ever acquire, it seems like it would be pointless to bother with improving the less rare ones. So I hope that's not the case.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So, what's the permadeath story with this game?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

100 characters at launch, huh?

If this thread's title is a lie, you're dead meat, understand?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

PurplieNurplie posted:

What I wanna know is what Ike's diet/Bowflex regiment was between PoR and Radiant Dawn, because holy poo poo I forgot how swole he got.

I just imagine that's how huge he got (gradually) after promoting in Path of Radiance, but it wasn't reflected in his portrait due to technical limitations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

official twitter just announced the game is running late because its taking them longer than expected to draw the winning vote-getters

What's the official Twitter?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I suspected he was trying to pull our collective leg, and that's why I demanded the evidence. Also, if they have an official Twitter, I'd like to know about it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Finally, something to spend silver coins on.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I have two Lon'qus, but I can't figure out how to combine them into one single, slightly bigger Lon'qu. I can highlight him in the merge menu, but the Next button doesn't activate. What am I doing wrong?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

You need to select both lonqus, and put them into each box manually. It's the contorl for situations where you have more than 2 of him or w/e

As soon as I tap the second one, it deselects the first one, and it doesn't respond to multitouch. I can't drag, and if I long press it just takes me to the summary screen.

Edit: oh, I also had to tap on the boxes up above. I figured it out

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

i don't think it came up, i actually had to double check that it was 5 since it used to be 4 before fire emblem: fates

They bumped it up to 5 as of Awakening, I think.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I managed to save up enough orbs to pull a second group of five heroes and the result was: gently caress gacha

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've pulled fifteen units so far and I still don't have a four-star of every color, nor a single five-star.

I want to like this game, but it insists on being gacha.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Upgrade only characters that you like. If you believe you may like Roy, please be advised that you actually don't.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Nuebot posted:

This is a hard lesson I learned. No matter how much you might think that Roy is actually your boy, he's actually not.

A lot of people like Masahiro Sakurai's original Smash Bros character with the same name, of course.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Okay, I've got a stack of stamina potions somehow and I'm only three away from taking out fifteen level 35+ armor enemies. Getting pretty sick of redoing the eighth stratum over and over. Is there a main mission that has a lot of knights?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It does, and they're even level 35! Thank you.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Agoat posted:

What makes her so strong?

She works out a lot.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm gonna be honest with you, thread: the training tower is basically the whole game for me.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Andrast posted:

Even if you aren't really interested in the arena why not treat the arena as a variant training tower and get some extra feathers along the way?

I usually go 7 for 7 on Intermediate difficulty thanks​ to a few lucky pulls, I'm just not building up a super optimized team or reading the meta.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am giving Brave Lance to my Effie. Not Brave Lance+, however. I like Effie but I don't like her so much that I was gonna promote my Abel just to grind him up. Plus she was already 5* when I pulled her, so SP is short enough as it is. Skill inheritance now guarantees that I won't be promoting anybody I intend to use until level 40.

Leveling up a Hana and a Hinata so I can promote them to four stars and dump some good skills on someone. Don't know who yet. Maybe I'll pull someone I like in the next banner.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Always pull five or you're wasting orbs. Every hero is good.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The tier list doesn't go lower than C. C is a passing grade!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I don't suppose there's an IV calculator that works on characters who are somewhere between levels 1 and 40, is there?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

GLAAD trash bags posted:

If the character is over level 20 and not yet 5 stars you can see their level one stats in the unlock potential menu when you tap them. Keep in mind that their weapon attack doesn't factor into those stat readings on the menu, but they do on the IV calculators.

Ah, thanks.

I have discovered that my Chrom is bad.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What's the best thing to do with this five-star Selena I pulled?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Seems like there is not room for her in my team, then. She is only my fourth five-star unit, but my first three were all more generally useful. I will hang onto her until I get someone I like who would benefit from her skills. Thanks.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If they start adding holiday-themed alternate versions of existing characters before they put in even a single Tellius character I am going to riot.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

We already knew they planned a christmas Robin and got all the way to drawing the art before the release date got pushed back to February

That means they've got nine more months to bring me Nephenee.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I hardly recognized her, but you're right. drat... they got off on a technicality...

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I guess I'll keep saving orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What is even the appeal of a rabbit ear costume?