Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

How many times do i need to reset for Ike, idc about the stars i just want my hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

he doesn't exist yet

gently caress this idiot game. Call me when they make it good.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the thread title is a lie, unless theres another Rolf i dont know about

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Sincere question: If I mostly care about playing through the main game with characters from 8, 9, and 10, none of whom are in the game right now, is there much reason for me to play it until they add them? I feel like it would be wasting the orbs I get from the early game to use them when there's not even any chance of getting those characters. Not that I don't want -any- of the characters that are in right now, but idk, I'd rather start with Ike or something and be able to build him all the way up through the main quests. Am I misunderstanding how the game works? I guess what I'm trying to ask is what's the point in trying to get the new characters they add later if you've already beaten the bulk of the missions and built up a team of strong characters already?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Having an account will get you free orbs just from logging in. In your situation, I would reroll until I had a team that could do all the stuff without too much effort, then never spend any more resources. Just try to do the bare-minimum dailies and monthlies, and save resources for when the characters you want show up.

It might be possible to reroll for Ike once he's in the game, but you can always make a second account if your saved resources don't give you the characters you want. Just don't link to your My Nintendo account until you're ready to save your results as final.

Does the game have like seasons or something? will the missions that are in the game now not be available later?

also, I don't mind getting a 3 star if it's a cool character. It's kind of cool to raise them up from 3 star to 5 star anyway, at least in my head

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I guess I should consider myself lucky I don't understand how these kinds of games work at all.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Agoat posted:

Wait how do I reroll

delete your loving game and start over

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

so they only added four new characters? i thought it would be a big bunch of characters each time. this game is hosed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

gently caress this game and the 60 orbs I saved up to get no Ike, or even Soren or Titania.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why havent i been getting 2 orbs for logging in every day anymore?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've uninstalled this game in an effort to become an overall happier person.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Happy to say i've reinstalled the game with a new account and now have a healthy relationship with the game, and Summer Robin and Sonya.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wasnt going to try the nohr banner but i did anyway and lo and behold I had 4 blues.

...none of which were corrin. Got a 3 star robin though which was a pretty special disappointment after all of the flare of that cutscene

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Oh god dammit the next banner is supposed to have Ike??? What have i done....

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fritzler posted:

I'm spending my 400 free orbs on hero fest. I want Genny for my Elise, and I'd love to with plus 1 my Ike or give Chrom heavy blade (not sure which one there). Also Julia has been a long time want for me. Might stay away from Blue, not sure.

400 free orbs wtf

Have you been hoarding since the game came out

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

When the gently caress is Tellius Summer

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I finally got Ike. 2 Ikes, actually.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I finally have enough heroes I like (2 different Ikes) to start to tryhard in this. Is it a good idea to give Ike Vantage, or is there probably something better I can give him

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So is there gonna be a Halloween event banner or am I saving my orbs for nothing right now

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i dont know poo poo about FE4 but sigurd looks good enough to blow my orbs on trying to get

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I got a -Attack +Res sigurd and i'm not spending any more orbs on this poo poo so he'll have to do. Should still be strong enough to kill mages and now he'll die even less to them so whatever

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My only good team is an armor march one and i dont think i can beat this on infernal. Not everyone got a brave lyn :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

after the initial roll didnt get me anything im not spending any more on this banner. ike is the only red infantry i need in my life

how the gently caress do you people always have orbs? is there a secret orb source i'm missing or is it all :retrogames:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

all of my tempest trial orbs are going to the imaginary halloween banner and then the imaginary radiant dawn banner

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i'm about to finish Echoes and it's going to make me really sad I didn't get any good FE2 units besides Sonya

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

my hector and my effie both have +str -res which is nice and all, but it makes my armor team get chewed out by mages even more

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i have a good fae that i could build and use but I wish they had her stats on a character I gave a poo poo about instead

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

3 new units per banner is probably going to be the standard going forward and that kind of sucks rear end

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

armor unit with high res and def but uses a dagger or bow but it does extra damage to horses and they have close counter too.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Horse dagger: this weapon goes first vs and one shots all horses.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they should make separate arenas with different objectives, like defend a point, survive, capture a point, defeat the lead unit, etc. Probably would give a lot of use for as of now useless units and abilities.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

cheetah has convinced me and now i want to use ATiki. Only one I have is +HP -Res, is that worth building?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

My armor team is hector, amelia, effie, and black knight and i like all of them and I don't know how to fit in Arden

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

She's great even without dc on an armor team since with careful positioning she and her teammates move like infantry who don't gaf about trees. That's why brave armors work well on a team with amelia. She can be built a bunch of different ways and rock hard no matter what.

Also her stats are just really loving good. I got hector and bk with distant counter and that's good enough.

https://imgur.com/gallery/1yVcA

This is my armor team, still not done getting skills on everyone, but any suggestions for what to put on them? I mean aside from Distant Counter, if I had a spare Hector I might. Also I'll probably get a brave lance on effie eventually

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why haven't they added inheritable built in distant counter weapons yet? just make them low mt, like Javelin, or Hand Axe.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i want soren :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Arvis is pretty cool. I'm glad I promoted him to 5*.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't have any good flier units because the radiance banner never gave me Elincia :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Does desperation stack with the Brash Assault seal? Like, if you were going to double them anyway, would brash assault add another followup on top of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

too bad brash assault doesn't work on enemy phases so you could stack it with vantage