Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Got into this game last week with a pretty decent selection of units, and I have a dilemma regarding two of them. I'm approaching my second set of 20k feathers (the first was spent on vanilla Reinhardt) and have two units I want to promote.

(pretend Heavenly Light is something better and that Priscilla's IVs are the same, I don't know how I didn't catch that and am too lazy to fix it)

Current state on the left, planned final form on the right (within limits of what I can make, I thnk Sheena gets the Slaying Axe by refining the Killer Axe?). They are both on theme teams. Sheena is planned to be the armor team's resident damage sponge when in front and the HP battery when in the rear. Priscilla is the cavalry team's healer that I'm not quite sure what to do with yet, I wasn't aware at the time of giving her Bowbreaker that staves did halved damage without the refine/B skill (also I don't have a Genny to feed her Wrathful Staff).

Both of them have been lagging behind in terms of team synergy because they are the only 4★ units on their respective teams and are in dire need of upgrades. Who should get priority?

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Apr 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

cheetah7071 posted:

Priscilla's capabilities won't increase by very much upon promotion so between those two Sheena seems better. It seems unlikely that either is you best use of feathers though but I don't know your roster.

Cavalry team is Sigurd, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn and Priscilla. Armor team is Black Knight, Effie, Amelia and Sheena.

I mainly ask because at the moment I don't need any skill fodders that only come from promoting, barring the exception of Effie wanting a Brave Lance+, and I feel like getting Sheena caught up with the rest of the group is more important than a shiny new pokey stick.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I got frustrated with the reinforcements in Arvis Infernal and decided to bring out the big guns instead of running my theme teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6RVOLxNhMc

Also some Saias and Robin Infernals because I forgot this thread was a thing when I made the vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PWoNvutw2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCIbuwA0PO0

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Jesus Christ, Ishtar. 48 base Atk with Mjolnir and 36 base speed. With her default kit she hits 52/58 Atk and 46 Spd on initiation with a neutral IV spread. Someone seems intent on outdoing Reinhardt.

That would be terrifying to encounter in the Arena if I didn't have a +Res Sheena.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

cheetah7071 posted:

He does functionally have +9 res and +6 def over that but still yeah he seems pretty bad
Most of his problems come from Blue tomes that can freely double him. Lute (even without Ploys), Linde and the newly-arrived Ishtar can kill him in one round. Funnily, Reinhardt and Saias can't, though Julius can't do much to them in return.

That functional 44 Res shouldn't be overlooked though. Any mages that aren't Blue are going to be walled by Julius for days. Not even Deirdre or Julia (ironically) can kill him unless they're running Life or Death and aren't hosed by their own natures.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

golden bubble posted:

Julius also comes with Guard 3 and Atk Ploy 3, so he can usually dump -11 atk against most enemies, and avoid their specials. He's also the first 4* source of Atk Ploy 3, though Guard 3 is still 5* locked (why?).
Atk Ploy 3? Huh, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. And he can hit... 41 natural Res with a Fury 3 build?

*quickly looks at his Lute which has... 40 Res with Fury 3 and a boon*

...I addend my earlier statement. He can tank any Blue tome for a round that is not named Ishtar.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 9, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

cheetah7071 posted:

Ishtar's attack isn't anything special for a blue mage. Linde and Delthea are both higher.

Elyv posted:

just Blarblade him
I'm admittedly pretending Ishtar has +Atk and has Odd Atk Wave active, but if I did my math right Ishtar can do it even with neutral Atk. Mjolnir + Swift Sparrow + Odd Atk Wave is really drat strong.

Bladetomes completely slipped my mind though, whoops, which probably means I should sleep.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

It's occurred to me that we're capable of making a Final Boss team now. Julius, M!Grima, F!Grima and F!Takumi.

Now we just need a Blue-coloured final boss to make the team balanced.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I've been doing maths bullshit on this Ares set, and it turns out instant Bonfire is really drat powerful. Once he gets that first Bonfire primed and hits the threshold for Vantage 3 (which one use of Ardent Sacrifice puts him into perfectly), he becomes a murder machine akin to his namesake. He doesn't even need Quick Riposte; if the enemy survives and doesn't kill him in that round of combat, they just fall over to the next Bonfire whether it's on Ares' turn or not. To my knowledge the only units that can do that are tanky Blues, really tanky Reds (we're talking the likes of Draug and Arden), and attackers with Sweep weapons/skills. Ares will straight up delete everything else.

Now if only I had Distant Counter and Def Smoke to fodder onto him. And had Ares at all. :shepicide:

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 10, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Senerio posted:

What is a good recommended build for a +Spd/-HP Ishtar?

I kind of like her base kit but I'm not opposed to swapping stuff out.
Her base kit is great and not much on it needs to be changed. I'd give her Desperation and Ardent Sacrifice so she turns into a PP delete button.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Pleasant surprise from a base 3% roll. +Res/-HP, so basically neutral with some gimped physical bulk (not that she'd ever tank anything physical anyway).

Could've been way worse like my -Spd Lute. :argh:

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 12, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Tired Moritz posted:

armored dancing dragon
That sounds even more disgusting than M!Grima, but given that most seasonal units have unique typings I almost believe it'll happen.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I'll throw my pitybreaker onto the pile, I suppose: I tried rolling one last time for Lene and/or Ares, and somehow ended up with a F!Kana. +Def/-Spd, which is bad because 1) -Spd, 2) the "physical dragon tank" role is being filled by A!Tiki, and 3) the "green dragon" spot is currently taken by Fae who can actually take magic. She's also the second F!Kana I've rolled (the first is sitting in my barracks with +HP/-Atk and I'm just twiddling my thumbs until I can find a good Goad Dragans and/or Fierce Stance user).

This game seems hellbent on making sure I will never get a dancer that is not Olivia. Hopefully the bridal banner will prove me wrong, because if I got B!Ninian I'd have 3/4ths of an actually usable flier team (missing red and blue currently).

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

So I pulled a Sanaki recently, realized she pairs perfectly with fliers and is great for supplying buffs, and I had yet to determine a good support partner for F!Grima that wasn't myself.

Cue the birth of the duo of Sanaki, Empress of Begnion and her pet destroyer of worlds.

This is what I'm thinking of doing with them; I haven't finalized any builds yet. Is there anything I should change?

Also, which teammates would they appreciate? I'm thinking of Groom Marth with a Tactic skill to fill the Green/Melee/Cavalry quota, but am not sure what (if any) Blue/Armor units would appreciate supporting with him.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 26, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Onmi posted:

Girlma really wants QR and Distant Def I find

Distant Def I'll give you, but why would this build need Quick Riposte? F!Grima isn't wanting for Spd; with boosts from supported Sanaki (before other teammate buffs even), she hits 50 Spd, and I'm struggling to think of any (good) units that can double a colourless dragon with 50 Spd.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I spent a while being butthurt at this banner because I thought the Morgan pictured in the banner was the male one, of which I already have three and was afraid of trying to Zelgius out of fear of being pitybroken by him. My free pull corrected me posthaste.

+Atk/-Spd. I was trying for Shiro in an attenpt to feed a Steady Stance to Michalis (and will be trying again later), but this is also very acceptable: she solved my flier team's lack of blue, ranged and Res-tank all at once. Now all it needs is a good red (and Michalis to be promoted).

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 27, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Tried to snipe Ninian (so of course there's no Blues), ended up with another Sanaki.

First one is +Atk/-Spd, second one is +Spd/-Def. I'm puzzled as to who is eating the other: +Atk is never a bad thing, but that jump from 23 > 30 Spd might save me a lot of double-related headaches from the mages she's supposed to fight off. What do?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Sorry New Sanaki, but it's a loli-eat-loli world.

While Windsweeping to dick over DC monsters sounds fun, I don't think Sanaki would be engaging on anything she couldn't already kill in one hit, which is what F!Grima is for. Watersweep versus ranged is also not practical because she'd get demolished by all the speedy Blues/Greys, and it's pointless against Reds/Greens because they're not getting through Sanaki's buffed Res without being on some loving drugs.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

mabels big day posted:

If on the off chance you have a spare attack/res bond, finding a good flier pal and pairing her up with them gets you a minimum of +12 res and attack, which turns her into a monster offensively and defensively. Death Blow is a good alternative though if you don't have a bond skill. Drive speed is a good C skill for Sanaki because it works well with the drive attack built in to her tome, or you can give her drive attack from the 4* groom marth for double drive attack.
She does in fact have a good flier pal.

This is the plan. I'd have to roll two Bridal Sanakis to pull this off verbatim, but the result would be glorious:

-Sanaki gives +6 Atk/+7 Spd just by existing.
-F!Grima partnering with her would give her 59 Atk and 50 Spd; doubling her would require a lot of dedication without Bold Fighter.
-If I roll a B!Sanaki for Atk/Res Bond, then vanilla Sanaki can reach a disgusting 67 Atk and 46 Res. Fury is a budget option if I miss out (though QR will need to be replaced with Vantage in that case).
-If I roll another B!Sanaki and give Def/Res Link to F!Grima, her defenses would become 45/36 on EP; DD3 as a seal is optional to turn it into 51/43 versus ranged. Sanaki would also max out at 52 Res.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 23:46 on May 28, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

New legendary hero is Ryoma going Kinshi Knight. Because that was totally something he could do in Fates, right?

Raijinto: same as on vanilla Ryoma, Distant Counter PRF sword.
Glimmer: not sure if this is an ideal special for him to have, looking at how little damage he does to Xander in the trailer (though it doesn't look like he had his B skill? wtf?)
Kestrel Stance: New EP stance A skill, grants Atk/Spd+4.
Bushido: +10 Special damage as a B skill, PRF. Uninheritable, inferior Wrath.
Guidance 3: They really don't want to let this skill go on a unit summonable below 5★, do they?

I wouldn't write him off so quickly, replacing Raijinto with a Wo Dao and giving him the actual Distant Counter skill could be neat? But other than that, yeah, nothing spectacular outside of Kestrel Stance.

More importantly, is that a new breath on Y!Tiki I see?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I'm probably going to snipe blues and greys from the legend banner. This is the first chance I've had to roll for Hardin, and NY!Takumi would save me having to decapitate a B!Sanaki.

ungulateman posted:

non-infantry locked wrath :woop:

e: although it's not clear if it's an inheritable skill, technically

White rim around the skill icon means PRF. Bushido is definitely locked to Kinshi!Ryoma.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Kinshi!Ryoma's stats have been datamined.

That is... incredibly disappointing and odd. His kit says Distant Counter tank, but his stats scream "will explode in nuclear fire if any Blue and some Reds so much as glare in my direction". There's something wrong when replacing a DC PRF and a +Atk/Spd stance are viable options.

For unit type comparison, Caeda and Elincia have vastly better defensive spreads, and Elincia also has the same Atk. Both also have much better PRF weapons. Kinshi!Ryoma's only edge over them is his Bushido B Skill.

kojei posted:

incorrect

edit: Close/Distant Counter, Grani, Iote, and Svalinn shields, Knock Back, Lunge, Drag Back, Hit and Run, and every single Emblem buff all have white borders. All the white border signifies is that the skill has no level component. That's not to say Bushido won't be PRF, but "white border means PRF" is entirely wrong.
Derp, my mistake then. I was hoping there'd be a way to tell what was PRF and what wasn't without datamining or... *sigh*... waiting patiently, but I guess that's too much to ask.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 30, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I somehow found a way to do an armor-only clear of Ryoma Infernal without spending resources on anything new.

That Thief with the Smoke Dagger can go to hell.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Wall or HP Battery? You decide. 0374573560, F!Grima team.

This was the best I could do on short notice. She'd have Armored Boots instead, but I had to postpone that on account of being ONE SACRED COIN SHORT.

Also: I want to give her Atk Ploy 3, but the only fodder I have for it is the limited-edition Julius. y/n?

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 1, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I finally managed to roll my first-ever Tharja from the TT banner!

...At 3✮. Not 5✮ despite her being focused. :shepicide:

Oh well, at least I got a Hinata out of it.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Raserys posted:

ill trade you for a ninian
HOW DO I ACCEPT TRADE AAAAAA :argh:

Ninian is the main reason I've been rolling the banner to begin with. This game just will not give me another dancer, I loving swear.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Are we likely to see the new banner before the legendary one ends?

Not according to this.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Since we're on the topic, I'll also take the chance to warn people who are trying for Y!Tiki on the Legendary banner to pace themselves, as there's a New Power banner coming up that Y!Tiki and maybe A!Tiki are likely to be on because of their(?) new PRF dragonstone. You may or may not want to hoard/try for other things with that in mind.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

AradoBalanga posted:

Picture for what Roger Explosion is talking about (taken from here):

My condolences to the intern who jumped the gun and more than likely is about to get sacked.
The ad vent away as fast as it appeared. Definitely looks like someone at IS flipped the wrong switch.

But goddamn if that didn't whet my appetite. If that flying Nino is Red, all of my want. That would be an excellent capper to my flier team.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 5, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Just checked for VG feathers and can confirm that Ike has been gunned down.

Despite me jumping to his team after Grima fell, I'm not mad. Losing to Gunnthra the exact same way he beat Grima is a satisfying irony.

Clawtopsy posted:

they are very clearly holding a green tome

...So she is. drat. Now I have to choose between her and the recently-5★'d Michalis.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

My heart was with F!Grima, who went down to Ike at the last second. So I went with Ike expecting him to win because he is vastly more popular to the fanbase than the rest of the entries.

Popularity means nothing in this game, apparently.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I'm joining Team Alphonse because this could quite possibly end the same way the last two rounds ended - with Same Hell followed by a last-minute multiplier for the underdog.

Basically I'm expecting Gunnthra to win and am relying on my expectations being poo poo on again.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Karla was a member of the Black Fang???

Unit rundown:

Karla: Sword Vassal
W: Vassal's Blade - A strange weapon effect: if your Spd > their Spd, damage is boosted by 70% of the difference, up to +7 maximum. Also lowers Special counter because why not. I guess this is meant to be an answer to the slow, bulky armors?
S: Draconic Aura - Combos well off of Vassal's Blade I guess.
A: None
B: Wrath - FINALLY! Another Wrath fodder! And on Karla herself that's going to make for some very fast special charges with Vassal's Blade.
C: Even Spd Wave: Spd+6 to unit and adjacent allies on every even-numbered turn (2, 4, 6, etc.). Having to choose whether to fodder this or Wrath is going to suck.

Legault: The Hurricane
W: The Cleaner+ - Turns displayed enemy stat buffs into flat damage. Anti-buff weaponry! Also apples Def/Res-7 AOE after combat like most other daggers.
S: Glimmer - That bladetome mage that was giving you trouble? They no longer exist.
A: Swift Strike - Spd/Res+4 on initiation. He really is designed as anti-mage isn't he?
B: None
C: Atk Tactic - Sure, why not.

Nino: Pale Flower
W: Giga Excalibur - Same effect as Karla's weapon, but with Spd+3 instead of the cooldown reduction and in Green Tome flavour.
S: Moonbow - Eh, I would've preferred the cooldown reduction with this Special.
A: Swift Sparrow - Sooo she's gonna be a glass cannon. Got it, IS.
B: Aerobatics - Here's a new one, inverted Guidance. Instead of letting land-bound units move to her adjacent spaces, Nino can instead move to theirs. Neat, and it's inheritable! This can still be comboed with Guidance too, so this is going to create some crazy movement tech.
C: Spd Smoke - She really wants that speed advantage, huh?

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 5, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

One pull on the BHB Banner, one +Atk/-Spd Julia. Should I have been hoping for Deirdre, or is she still very good?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

rannum posted:

someone on my friends list on team alfonse gave her Ninian Rally Spd/Def and I actively hate them

That must be a goon, because I got that same Ninian. I'd intended to dance my F!Grima into a 2-turn win and was confused when she wasn't able to move again. I was not impressed.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

The miracle never happen.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

I rolled a Bridal Ninian!

+Atk is good, -Spd is not. What do?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Elyv posted:

If you want to go a bit weirder for a B skill, I went digging for a B!Sanaki specifically to give a buffbot her B skill. Then I started using her and discovered BSanaki is actually insane.

Otherwise yeah, go with a Breaker/QR/maybe Wrath/maybe Chill *

I'll also vouch for this. I don't have B!Sanaki but have seen that she is really drat strong, but passing Def/Res Link to another unit is also a viable option if you're running a mixed team. +6 to both defensive stats without needing a Fortify skill (and thus not needing the units next to each other at the start of the turn) is actually really good.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

This just in: Marquess of Pherae cucked from dragon wife by furious Altean prince swinging a cake knife!

And now, the weather: sunny with a 50% chance of magical blue death swords.

not completed yet, I need another 40k feathers and a Shanna, but everything else is ready to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

My last roll was my freebie on the TT banner to see if I could get a free Karel. So of course that's when the game gives me four Greens when I'm not on the Bridal Bloom or Scattered Fangs banners. (I didn't even get a Karel from the single red.)