Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Endorph posted:

yeah they changed a lot of FE6 character names. Astohl is Astolfo, for instance.

Which is amazing and correct and far better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Endorph posted:

Are you going to backport the new names into your hack? oh also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBVETwIoyfQ

gamexplain got to play a preview of the game. Nothing that interesting, just the guy saying he liked it, but it confirms Jagen and Raigh.

I am. There are to degrees where I'll point at a name and go "that's dumb I don't like that." Like with Shanna, I didn't like Shanna. But seeing as they used it twice, and they took the time for Lachesis to go back to it from Raquesis. Then there's no point to not using those names. Also a lot of the names are really good. Astolfo being an actual Paladin of Charlemagne is likely what the name was originally going for. Gwendolyn is of course the longform of Wendy. Dieck and Rutger are canon and people can suck it.

I think the only ones that annoyed me was Melady. And I'll probably leave Zelot's 'a' in.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Terper posted:

Make it Seelots just to piss people off

No, because I've seen a fan game that changes all the names just to piss people off.

It's called FE6XNA, it's poo poo.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Has anyone got a way to do Robin's Infernal map without two dancers?

This is the team of "Able to do poo poo"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I get closest here using this team

The issue I'm currently having is that, when in the video only the Lance Cav moves, the Bow Horse also moves, while I can move around that, it then also decides to send Grima down to attempt Murder. I have to wait on my Stamina but I think I have a way around it.

There are other desyncs, like Lyn killing things in one round rather than two, but the enemy dicking about up top is the oddest one.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 1, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

i'm not going to get a single goddamn 5* out of this cursed rear end banner am i

You and my friend are too similar.

Also I finally beat Grima's rear end into the pavement, I had to work around really wonky AI but I did it!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Should this team be able to handle Xander Infernal?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Fae but well... I basically got into this game to 5 star 40 all the FE6 characters and not much else.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tendronai posted:

Everyone pull quick, somethings broken on the legendary banner.

Is something actually broken?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

stratego posted:

The three star Gordins I just got suggest the banner is working as intended.

Don't underestimate Gaggles.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Also Klein (5 Star - +Spd -Res. Tempted to not fodder him since I don't have a 5 star foot archer)
Cain (5 Star - -HP +Spd. Feeding my Old Cain to him.)
Sothe (4 Star Fodder)
And two more Felicia's

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

Have they changed the voting gauntlet rules? I have lv40s on Team Big Dick Alfonse on my friends list but when I play a lv1 unit, it doesn't give me the 40s and instead gives me a bunch of 1s and puts me vs a bunch of lv5 scrubs.

No I almost always get 1 level 40 from my friend list and one low level unit from the team. But my friends are all level 40's

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Wrex Ruckus posted:

wtf, Xander's victory was a lock when I went to sleep and now he's dead

:rip: bonus

Team Alf apparently burned a tonne of flags as that was really the only way they could have done that. Team Kagero did the same vs Camilla.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

loquacius posted:

On Team Kagero and I've just been spending 1 flag over and over because I haven't logged in during a bonus a single loving time

It's not that you've never logged in during a bonus, as far as I can tell, Kagero has NOT had a bonus period, it's been all Alfonse being Weaker or them being same.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Alxprit posted:

Beating the new Grotto of Water took me several tries, and I had to switch out my Masked Marth for my Soleil to make it work. Swordbreaker was absolutely key on her as well so that she could eat one hit from Athena.

I wound up having to go with the tried and true Brave Roy/Lyn combi

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

"Huh, I need a Palla to give Gerome Goad Fliers to do this Xander Flier quest. I'll just roll on the cooldown banner Red"
"Okay game, I'm kinda happy you gave me a 5 Star Sigurd with perfect IV's but I kinda wanted that Palla."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Okay, I really want a Palla, or A Roy, what have you got for me FEH?

Another Sigurd.

Huh.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

ungulateman posted:

this BHB map layout is very friendly for flier emblem. did it on the second attempt by being less aggressive and just hit-and-run + dancing my way back out of range consistently. cordelia needed a ward fliers to not die to tiki and a hone fliers to kill her in one round (and for her to not be on the defensive tile unsurprisingly).

I don't think my team of "My only fliers" can handle infernal

I'm struggling a bunch here. Got Fort Fliers on Catria.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

My flier team did it at a walk, but that team had Morgan and Azura, so that's kind of a different scenario.

Initiating at range and extracting is useful, and a goad fliers is also handy. You got repos and goads? They might help.

I eventually did it by swapping Gerome for Olivia (the free one) and careful positioning.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Might as well ask how Grima's been performing for you, then.

She hasn't much impressed me on the AI side, but some units are much more fun properly kitted out. I mean, Morgan's been amazing in her niche, but as an AI she's usually a joke.

Being a colourless flier is very useful as is being able to hit the lowest defense on a unit. I'm still starting out, so she isn't all there, and mine was -Spd, +HP which certainly hasn't helped her. But with Catria having Fort Fliers (36 Def, 31 Res), her own Dragon Skin boosting her further to 40/35, with Distant Def 2, the current Seal I have, she's at to 44/39 when attacked at Range. And when I finally get Gerome Ward Fliers, she's going to be able to get up to 48/43. I think she wants Thunder Breath + for Refinement, But on the Infernal GHB and BHB where I needed a flier to tank hits, she does the job wonderfully. And hey natural Iote works well. I'm not done building her, She only has Quick Rip 2, and I'm not sure if I want Res Smoke 3 on her or something else.

My friends' is way better, far more of a tank, but I'm happy to have her.

I mean she's a worse Myrrh? I don't have a Myrrh though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

are thracia fans happy about the new banner?

Wish Finn was better, hilarious that the Stamina potion is an ability for Leif, I'd have liked something better than Another Olwen and Another Reinhardt but I'm cool with it. Personally, I would have wanted Mareeta or Evayle, but that would have leaned hard on Red. I'm hoping to see Ced as the Legendary Hero.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Andrast posted:

I doubt the new Rein is actually OP

There’s only so much a non-ranged braver can do.

His Brave hits on the EP and he naturally comes with Vantage.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Andrast posted:

Also as a Thracia fan I like the new banner. Leif looks fine and having a better Olwen is nice. Nanna being bad is lame though.

Just embrace Rein retroactively becoming a main character.

I mean... he's basically the main bad guy. He spends half the game chasing Leif, in comparison to... uh...

Veld.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

Restore+ is the healing skill I've been hoping for, so I'm pretty happy. I'm also glad they tried something a little different with the Light Brand instead of just another DC sword.

And I'm glad I get a free Finn because he's the character I like most out of the new characters!

edit: I'd really like to play Thracia, but I've heard the translation is not so great. Is that still the case? The whole capturing and looting weapons mechanic sounds extremely up my alley.

It is, Holsety, who redid the FE4 translation is also redoing the Thracia one, though he is on the lookout for officially translated snippets (Parts of dialog from Finn, Leif and everyone else) It's only taking so long because he gives a gently caress.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

im a bit salty that nanna doesn't have the earth sword but i guess that would have meant a triple red banner with new reinhardt

Hopefully we'll get a Nanna and Lachesis alt in the future.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

+Atk -Res Reinhardt

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Current 5 Stars

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Does everyone else horde their extra GHB copies or are some people actually feathering them

I plan to feather them

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

How does one handle this map (Chain Challenge Lunatic)

My team here is

Enemies

Thraja straight kills anyone who tries to attack and of course, Robin's making things difficult with armor march and his ridiculous speed. I just don't know how to tackle this map.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Can't you bait Tharja into attacking first though? That takes out the threat of Vengeful Fighter.

I just know I did that CC with Flier Emblem, so I had a lot more leeway in sniping.

I keep thinking of Reinhardt as this guy who dies to any hit... because he is. So I totally wasn't paying any attention to her abysmal speed and the WTA

Now I just gotta get through this with 2 teams.

EDIT: Done.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 13, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

Do you have a Dancer? Do you need to do that map in Horse Emblem or something? Personally, I'd bait out MRobin with a red unit directly downwards of him, kill with green on the next turn, and trade Rein for a powerful enemy phase defender like Camus, Nowi, or Dragon Corrin.

No Horse Emblem is just my most built team.

EDIT: Now to finish the 4 orb Chain Challenges here

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hunting Reds for Palla, Roy, or Leif. Instead...

Neutral Seliph
-HP +Def Fir
+Atk -Res Morgan (M)
- Spd +Res Athena
- Spd +Res Athena
- HP + Def Athena
+Atk -Res Draug
Neutral Leon
+Atk -Def Caeda
-Atk +Spd Marth
+Atk -Spd Cherche

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

Those are some very sad Athenas, lol. Optimal Caeda though, and a decent Cherche.

I am on my knees loving begging for a Palla, just for Goad Fliers, I need to stick it on Gerome, and she refuses to show up.

I forgot how much I hated this map.

EDIT:

This one too.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Apr 13, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

you want one of mine?

I can't decide whether I want to make her a 4+10 or 5* for my eventual whitewings team.

Those maps are annoying yeah since BIke is so hard to kill and BLyn is dangerous. You've got a Sigurd though right? He's decent against BIke if you have the QR seal and he can tank through Blyn with crusader's ward.

Sigurd hasn't gotten SP'd enough for that to be a worthwhile endeavor, I should use the weekend to train him up so he can get all his skills.

Wanna know the worst part? Gerome has Spur Speed 2. Which means that at some point, I totally fed him a Palla. And just didn't get her up to 4 Stars to get Goad Fliers.

You know, of the Paralog Chain Challenges? I think this is the worst one. First, you have to get through the Braves, and then you have to deal with Dancer Hell.

All that remains are

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Apr 13, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I'm just focused on getting my own orbs and such from playing. and the length of Rival Domains means my normal stamina recharges. So I'm working, getting orbs and such and then when I get done, I turn around and I can try a Chain Challenge again.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Outrealm 45 is locked in a dead stalement. Each team has 10 bases right now.

It actually seems like my contributions matter too much in this mode so I feel kinda bad about letting my teammates down. By being lazy and auto-battling Hard.

So I only just noticed the Area count rewards list.

Kill the Annafidel! Purge the Blighted Bulge!

My code is 1184681096

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Just got 20k feathers, got a few considerations for the next 5 Star

Gerome: I invested a lot of skills in his 4 Star while doing the last TT, this would finally merge them and give him a complete skill set (Minus Goad Fliers, COME ON GAME GIVE ME A loving PALLA ALREADY!)
Kagero: This Kagero has +Spd -Def, whereas my current 5 Star Kagero is +HP -Spd. So I could finally loving build her with this.

Tiki: It'll be a -HP +Atk Dragon. Like... that's a drat good option right there.

Ursula: To have a Blue MK that isn't Olwen, who's kinda terrible.

Oscar: As a stop-gap till Camus, but he's also served pretty well +HP -Res isn't the best though.

Eliwood: He's a Mini-Roy with a lot of Res, the issue is with a Swordhardt, Sigurd, Xander, and an existing BRoy Right now I'm saturated on Sword Horses

Narcian: Admittedly, Gerome exists to fill the same role, but he's still worth considering I feel

Marth: He'd be the first team member to be effective vs Dragons

The others don't have great IVs a Neutral L'arachel, +Spd -Res Mae, -HP +Def Raven And a bunch of level 1 4Stars I haven't even looked at.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

Out of those, I'd recommend Marth, Tiki, or holding onto your feathers until Camus in a few days.

Oh and if you want a blue mage cav I think L'Arachel is a better option than Ursula since she's got a little bit more attack at neutral, almost the same speed, and has a legendary tome with higher mt and that comes with built in Swift Sparrow 1.5.

I think a couple flaws are evident with the new gamemode after playing it a little while. I don't think you get enough stamina, or stamina doesn't recharge quickly enough, and it ends up cascading once one team gets the advantage because they can lock loads of their areas behind the borders so they can't lost much ground. Anyway I'll be glad to see what it turns into a few iterations down the track.

I think waiting for Camus is a good idea, I constantly complain that, after Reinhardt, I don't have any good mounted Blue's and that doubles for physical ones.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Okay what the gently caress is this difficulty drop

Chapter 5 is basically this insanely poo poo chain challenge starting with being spawned literally on top of the enemy, followed by "Survive 6 turns" then "Win in 4 turns" then "Deal with Hardin's bullshit" finishing up with a fight against Armor March Grima, Hardin, and the two sisters who Tactics pump everyone and have weapons that turn those bonuses into more damage.

By loving comparison, Chapter 6 is a romp through each street with the game basically never rising to 'Challenge' always making it clear how to approach the fight easily, with the final fight being ludicrously simply against Gerome, Chrom and Morgan M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Does anyone have a good idea of how to tackle this? Reinhardt can kill Laevatain and Gunnthra can kill Hardin (after taking a beating) This isn't the combined challenge, so it's the last map, but this is the last team.

Roy gets killed by Grima if Grima attacks him (60-20%=48-21=27. Roy's current HP=23) If Roy attacks him, if he's boosted with Hone Cavalry, he'll one-shot Grima due to Desperation.
BLyn can kill Laegjarn and both her and Roy can merk the green cav.

Supers up - Galeforce (Roy), Moonbow (Reinhardt)