Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

With the new standings, I'm tempted to just vote Joshua and Nephenee over and over for the next days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Seeing the midway-ish poll results inspired me to try and give my boy Joshua a boost.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

With my tutorial and link orbs, managed to get Lucina, 5 star Minerva, and MY BOY DONNY through two 5-orbs without any rerolls! Got Clarine, too; who's been doing an admirable job healing.

I wish Virion sucked less though, he's one of my favorite Awakening characters and it's so hard to justify not replacing him with Minerva now. :smith:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

She also isn't particularly good it seems. Being able to drag someone is kind of useful for fighting knights I guess?

She's a chicken dragon. smh if that's not enough for you

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Barst would be good if he maintained his strength from the games.

I feel like the growths definitely reflect the characters to some extent. My boy Donny is only a 3-star, but he's gotten quite a few perfect level ups.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm sure this was asked already but what should I be spending orbs and feathers on first? All I've done is upgraded my castle twice so far.

Save until you have 20 orbs, summon five heroes at once.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Can someone explain the purple attack skills thing? Is it solely based on turns? Some of my characters seem to go through the 5 points needed really fast, while other never seem to reduce their points at all?

It goes down one whenever your unit attacks an enemy, or gets attacked by an enemy. I think using defensive abilities like healing might make it go down, too?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Man, why's no one talking about 5* Minerva? She hits like a truck, is fast enough to double almost anything, is tanky as gently caress, and her special ability means she isn't even in that much danger from archers.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

Shadow Dragon is the DS remake of the original, right? Why is it ranked much lower than the modern games?

The art style is dull, the lack of any supports means that 99% of your army will get like three lines of characterization, the sidequest chapters are only unlocked by you deliberately killing off enough of your own army... it's just not fun in general.

I mean, the localization is pretty alright even though it's working with an NES plot and the new prologue chapters were cool? Otherwise it really is Not worth playing.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I will probably never use Narcian but I am very glad to have him in my barracks so I can admire his ridiculous faces whenever I want

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Annoyingly enough, I'm finding myself gated by badges for promotions at the moment, not feathers. Is the only way to get them grinding the training tower on certain days of the week?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Reiterpallasch posted:

even fire emblem nerds don't remember the other tellius soldiers

Excuse you, both Devdan and Danved are cool and memorable dudes. :colbert:

who the hell is aran

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Do we have any idea when the new banner is coming tonight?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

drat, I'll be sleeping then. Thanks for the answers.

cheetah7071 posted:

Here's my shitpost hot take:

The following characters will be added to the current list, with no removals:

this list seems pretty good but there's no way Joshua's not gonna be on there considering his placement in the poll, imo

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

why the hell is BARST of all people voiced by DC Douglas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Momomo posted:

Because someone on the board makes good decisions.

I pulled for Lucius, got 5 star Jaffar. Twice. My luck finally catches up to me and does this, like some hosed up monkey's paw.

Like, it's a good fit don't get me wrong, but it feels like such a waste when Barst has like two lines total.