Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Ammat The Ankh posted:

So according to the website .js code The winners of CYL are the exact same Three Houses guys that were ahead at the midpoint. Booooring.

So, that's the lords, and also Lysithia (did I spell that right?) right? I wonder what the paralouge will be like. I wouldn't be surprised if the lords say something along the lines of "why is Lysithia here? She's not a house leader." Or perhaps "if there had to be 4 of us, why isn't Teach/er the 4th one?".

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jan 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I free pulled a +SPD -HP 5* Echidna from the valour skills banner. Okay I guess? I'll take that as a sign I shouldn't put any effort into getting Nagi.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I pulled green in the vague hopes of Winter Sothis, got a -SPD +DEF Picnic Felicia. If I wasn't a brokebrain who can't fodder off their only copy of a unit, she'd be perfect for giving special fighter to someone. As it stand, guess I have to hope I can one day fix her IV's by buying a manual with divine codes, since that's now an actual possibility. Maybe.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Started with about 200 orbs, got a Duo Alm/Celica reasonably quickly, but they were -SPD +DEF, just like the Picnic Felica I got from the free seasonal 5* roll. (Got a 4* Conrad in the same circle) Decided to try again, got pity broken by my first Quan (-SPD +DEF, Again). 20 orbs left, so not going back in (even though I have 100 orbs waiting to be collected). If I wasn't a brokebrain hoarder, I'd be foddering Quan off for his Dual Rally +. Feeling quite annoyed at this, but ah well, such is the Gacha.

At least the Duo Convo is funny. Alm got Steak for all his friends.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 7, 2020

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

If you then support Berkut and Mathilda, does that make it double NTR or what?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Hmm... Already have Azura and Alm, though merges for Alm would always be good, Azura would be B Duel flying for someone I guess, but I'm more interested in getting anyone I don't have, other than Edelgard. I also have a Sothis, but she's -SPD, fixing that bane would be appreciated, if it has to be someone I already have, she would be the best. I think I would ideally like Altina for AR, or Winter Sothis because having more dragons that arn't vulnerable to dragon effectiveness would always be fun, but the others wouldn't be bad, Leif is of course a dual phase brave horse archer, and Alfonse is a tanky unit with CC Special Spiral.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Weaker hour in Mjolnir's strike, use arrows now.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Pegasus Flight was mistranslated and the updated wording is that as long as Unit speed is at least 7 LESS than Foe speed, then they'll check Res difference for the stat boost.

Which means if your speed is 35 and enemy speed is 40 it will still proc.

Uh... I don't think that's what it's saying. It's not saying that units speed needs to be 7 greater than the enemies anymore true, but it's not saying 7 lower now either. If I'm reading the updated version right, it's saying speed needs to be... (I hope I can phrase this right) higher than foes speed -7, an example to clarify, if the foe has 30 speed, you need 23 speed or higher. If I'm reading it right, which I think I am.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Cattail Prophet posted:

That's exactly what the post you quoted says. :ssh:

Wait...

Pureauthor posted:

Unit speed is at least 7 LESS than Foe speed, then they'll check Res difference for the stat boost.

Ah. I see how I got confused. They said at least 7 LESS, which made my brain think they were saying 7 or more lower than the enemies speed, because how the skill works is goddamn awkward to phrase in a way that isn't confusing. If they had said "unit speed is at most 7 less", that would be accurate as in "7 is the most less it can be and still work", but open up the possible interpretation of "7 less is the highest the unit speed can be for it to work". Essentially, the subject of confusion is what does the "most" or "least" apply to. I got confused because I thought the 7 was the subject of the "least", which would mean the skill would work when the unit is 7 or more points slower than the enemy, when the actual subject is unit speed. You wouldn't think that there should be a difference, but there is.

I hope that was understandable.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

SL the Pyro posted:

That was not the kind of mistranslation I expected. I expected it to be using the Res stat in the calculation, because that's loving weird.

I wouldn't say it's a useless skill though. I could see it getting some mileage on bulkier fliers Florina or Laegjarn (no one said you needed more Res than the target!).

It would actually be kind of hilarious if having incredibly low Res did in fact also work with it's effect. If it does (I don't think it will, but you never know) Laegjarn would in fact be a good choice for it. Unless we already have confirmation somewhere? I know that it doesn't specify higher in the skill, but it could be a rare case they overlooked the possibility...

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I got an Altena from my ticket. A 5* Altena. Uh, okay then? +ATK -SPD, so, monkey's paw IV, but she was really slow anyway wasn't she? Might be one of few who's actually fine with -SPD. At any rate, another entry in the herodex filled.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
A ticket just gave me another 5* Altena, with the exact same IV's as my last one. Uh, I guess I'm merging her up now?

EDIT: and my second ticket got me a 4* Florina, with a 5* Fiora in the other blue orb of that circle. -ATK +SPD. Typical monkey's paw. Still, got a bonus unit now. Who knows, perhaps I'll get really lucky and my next 2 tickets will also have 5*s in the circles? Probably not, but probability was against getting another 5* immediately after Altena anyway.

At any rate, bonus unit got, no need to worry, I had no interest in Fiora in particular in the first place, so not going to ruin myself trying to fix the IV.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 17, 2020

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

loquacius posted:

Got a lucky pull and managed to snag +HP -RES versions of both Summer Laegjarn and Summer Lyn in one circle :toot:

Both seem like fun units so far, and they both come with Reposition already built in which is a fun little bonus. Neither one has a built-in special, though.

e: really enjoying Laegjarn's Reverse Desperation tome in particular :allears:

Yeah Summer Laegjarn being a blue flying Lewyn (albeit without special spiral or the ability to gain it) is amazing. And if you don't like Flier Formation, you could give her desperation so that she always has it active.

cheetah7071 posted:

She's +7now

Yup, you are indeed the guy who Thea was put on this banner for. I'm happy for you.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

rannum posted:

Time's Pulse activates at the start of turn while Special Spiral activates at the end of combat (respective triggers met, of course) so it's definitely possible

Her default build of killer tome and 2 CD (1 because killer tome) special means that time's pulse means she'll pretty much have her special ready at the start of turn all the time anyways. I suppose you could do the special spiral build if you want to give her Luna or something and make sure she's in a team with an infantry pulse user.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

2530 orbs horded over seven months i'd better walk away with a +10 lysithea after all this or else

If I recall, the average amount of orbs need to +10 a fresh unit is something like 2700. I think. So, you stand a decent chance, but are far from guaranteed.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Got an Idunn/Fae in around 20 (character) pulls, +DEF -RES, because of course I would get a bane that effects (special) damage. Not going to fix it though, that would take far too many orbs knowing my luck, and I'm not sure how much I'm going to use her anyway. Though that Duo skill is nice.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I freepulled a Petra from the Aerobatics banner. +HP -RES, one of those "basically neutral" IV's, I'm okay with this. The question is, what form will the karma take? Bad luck on a future banner, or death by Corona virus, as the odds of free pulling an on focus 5* are about the same as that.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Got a Shannan off a free pull. Feeling hopeful, thought I'd try to get another, so I could fodder one to Mordecai (since I'm a hoarder who can't fodder off their only copy of a unit, especially if it's a good unit). Astoundingly, I got one within 60 orbs (alongside a +ATK -HP Osian, seriously, amazing luck here), and so I could do this:

Yes, that's 43 enemy phase speed.

Now I just need Aether and a Dual rally+ to max out arena scoring for him. Too bad those are actually detriments to his effectiveness as a unit.

Oh, and the Shannan I decided to keep was +SPD -DEF, the one I foddered was +DEF -RES.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
4 reds and a colourless, got male Byleth. That's the red jackpot!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Finally got all the tickets, decided I'd try out the new feature, and used them all for full pulls, to most efficiently activate the free 5* thing, in those 40 summons, I got Midori (+HP -RES), 5* Forrest (-ATK (ow) +SPD) and Nailah (+DEF -HP). That's a pretty darn good rate, thanks game. Think I may have preferred Lilith to Nailah, but Null-C disrupt is never a bad thing to have, probably one of the best possible off-banners. Used the free 5* on Rinkah, because drat, she ripped, even if Lilith is the more unique and probably more meta choice.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Did 4 full pulls in the hopes of getting any of the focus units, on the second, got a +ATK -HP 4* Marth (not bad, and that's the bonus unit covered, wanted to get one of the 5* units though), and a +ATK -SPD Osian. He's either mirror stance Fodder, or a merge for my +ATK -HP one. 4th circle, got a +RES -DEF Selkie (my first). Yeah, I think I'll stop now and just be happy I got a good IV Marth.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

InspectorCarbonara posted:

They are going to add the evil fairies as dark and anima dancers and make Aether Raids a nightmare.

How appropriate!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
My team was Idunn, Legendary Roy, Thea, and Brunnya. It worked rather well.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Have you sparked for her? Or did you just have a really high rate of 5*? Because sparking for her and merging away the bane is an option.

As for my own loot, I got 4 4* Mustafa's, 1 5* Mustafa (neutral), a Percival, and I sparked Mirabilis. I was focused on sparking for as few orbs as possible rather than trying to snipe for anyone.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 5, 2020

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
The real question is, what cross-game duo's do you guys want to see? Personally, I'd like to see the reaction to Tharja/Camilla.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I got a Selena on the first circle, wanted to get Lute for some reason (and thought I'd pull colourless orbs along the way), eventually got 2 4* Lute's (same circle) one -ATK +HP and one -SPD +RES, but hey, I can merge. Got a Nina on that circle too. I already have a Nina, so I guess I could fodder off bow Valour to dancing Nephenee or something.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

InspectorCarbonara posted:

You can also give her Windsweep and then she can do this all the time without having to worry about whether the duo skill is available, since she’s fast and has null follow up built into her weapon. Then you can just save the duo skill for enemy mages/dragons or to help allies.

And there are likely few better uses of the Alm manual you may still have from limited codes. I know I'm not regretting finally putting that to use!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

rannum posted:

Should be about 135 orbs, unless they decide to give us more tickets.

Or it doesn't have a forging bonds and it has no tickets. CYL 3 had no forging bonds, but did it have tickets? I don't recall.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Cattail Prophet posted:

Have you considered starting a Matthew project?

I hear she also pairs well with Kronya.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Schedule is out, we're getting a forging bonds and GHB to go with CYL. Anyone want to place bets on who the GHB will be? Given all 4 units are 3H, it will probably be a 3H unit.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Well, I did say the GHB was probably going to be 3houses, not certainly 3houses. Gonna be honest, though I knew there was a chance it would be something else, I did not expect them to go full meme.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

loquacius posted:

IMO the best thing about Edelgard repeatedly getting huge bulky armor alts is that she is canonically short

Roger Explosion posted:

Oh my God, she's, like, five foot nothing.

Clearly, she must have a small amount of dwarven ancestry. Those guys are renowned for being short and bulky at the same time.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Lube Enthusiast posted:

This needs to be said...this Petrine lady is very very pretty imho

Hard disagree. Ninian is pretty. Petrine seems more "hot" to me, and I'm fairly sure pretty and hot are actually different things, even if they both types of "attractive".

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

rannum posted:

Here's the trailer btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7O_C3mcSRw

Laevatein: Flying Axe
Twin Star Axe (Prf): Brave axe but bonuses to attack = half the total bonuses on unit
Distant Ward, Vantage, Attack/Def Rein (New)

You forget to mention it's a dual phase Brave Axe. Kinda an important detail there.

And man, they really are just using Distant Ward as a kind of Distant counter -- (minus) aren't they? First Brave Edelgard when she's not lacking for Def, now ninja Laevatein, who isn't lacking in def either.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Meet the Heroes shows Galle holding a Guard Lance+ in his sprite btw

I can think of worse things than being able to get Guard Lance fodder without having to pull Fiora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I wonder how well Rhea/Seiros would do if their votes were merged...