Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So... because I didn't really have anyone with Pivot I was willing to sacrifice (literally just my Eirika who's my Nino's best friend) I gave Hector swap instead, and gave him vantage rather than Wings of Mercy. Is that still okay? And coming back to what I said earlier, my Lyn is +Def -Res, so Neutral speed. What do all you guys think would be better, Vantage, so when she's at low health those who get doubled by her will almost certainly die when they try to attack her, or Brash assault, so that she can then try to murder people like Lucina when she's on the offensive.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I have a +Attack -Speed Nino, what would you guys recommend I give her? I'm tempted to just replace her +3Res with +3 speed in order to counteract her speed penalty, but does anyone else have any other ideas?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

This Nino is begging for Darting Blow imho

e: That said it's probably better to not overinvest in a -Spd Nino or really any -Spd characters not named Effie (RIP my Lucina and Takumi)

I got her as a 5* and I've already got her to level 40, and I have an Eirika, so I'm gonna use her, darting blow combined with Eirika's Hone speed does sound like it would solve a lot of problems... Though that still raises the question of her B slot...

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Alright, one last question for now, I have a Maria, with over 1k spare sp, should I make a 4* Wrys so I can give her rehabilitate, heavenly light and live to serve? (I have a 3* Wrys, hence the question, I don't know if this would be worth the 2k feathers)

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

What do you want to accomplish with Maria?

Is it making your waifu the best she can be? Then go for it.
Is it having the best possible healbot for training in the tower? Then just use the Wrys instead.
Is it having a safe team you can use to hit 4k in the arena with the bare minimum of risk? Then that's a fine plan but again you could just use the Wrys.
Is it to have a high-scoring arena team? Then don't use any healer.

Uh, my Maria is a 5*... I just thought that since I have a 5* healer might as well try to make her as good as she could be, especially since she has so much spare SP. And turning the Wrys into a healbot would require investing feathers... I also have a 4* Lissa who's been serving as my training tower healbot with rehabilitate, making that pretty much redundant.

So, my question is essentially "Do I upgrade the Wrys with feathers to make my 5* healer better?" I mean, if you think it would be smarter to give heavenly light and Live to Serve to Lissa, that's an idea I guess, but my thought process was focused around my 5*.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Honestly any level 40 healer is basically fine for the tower or low-score arena runs. If Maria isn't your favorite and you don't have a specific goal in mind you can accomplish better by giving her those skills, save your feathers.

Yeah, this is probably what I'll do, it's just that since she has over 1000 skill points I was thinking I might was well try to do something with her.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Any suggestions for what I should give my 5* Abel who has like 780 spare SP? I plan on making an arena team of him, Nino, Hector and Eirika. I assume a rally defence and fortify res would be optimal if I wanted maximum buffs for Nino right? Which character would I much for level 3 fortify res? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Beat it on my first try with Nino/Eirika/Azura/Takumi. Went to the right side and set up so that Takumi went in and one shot the blue flier, Eirika pivoted over him to block to Bowbreaker red cavalier, and Nino drew Takumi back out of Michelis' range. Then I just mopped up and it was no sweat.

Thank you for this, I tried doing it with Nino, Hector, Eirika and Able, but wasn't able to do it (Lunatic anyway) and this right here let me do it, albeit with Ninian rather than Azura.

So, what does everyone plan on doing with their Michalis? Any plans to keep one and use him, or just use all the ones you get ever to feed Iotes shield to people? And if you just want to feed the shield skill to people, who do you plan on giving it to?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

If the free unit maps are any indication we probably can only get 2 Michalis's anyway.

Roger Explosion posted:

I thought that was one of the big selling-points of this event? Extra copies of Michalis/Iote's Shield. Can someone confirm/deny? If not, I guess I feel a bit less bad about missing out, but I still would have liked to take part/liked everyone who did to have extra copies.

Well, according to this here announcement yes. Possible whoever made the original post got it wrong somehow though.

Tired Moritz posted:

「Event」We'll be holding an early challenge event for Michalis Grand Hero battle. 3/20 @ 4:15AM - 5AM (PT). You'll have 45 minutes to clear!

@FEHeroes_News He'll be available in 3★ and 4★ ratings. If you miss out on this early challange, he'll come back 3/24 @ 12AM (PT).

@FEHeroes_News Rewards will be available depending on how many people can clear his Hard and/or Lunatic map!

@FEHeroes_News If you manage to clear both maps within the 45 minutes, you'll have another chance on 3/24 to get 2 more copies of Michalis!
So, if this person is right, we do get extra copies of Michalis this way. Since it looks legit, I can only imagine the way this would be wrong is if: A the twitter people lied/were somewhat misinformed or B: The original poster fabricated the part about extra Michalis copies, which I doubt is the case.

On a different note, I notice that the 5k feathers awarded from this combined with this seasons arena reward will get me enough feathers to make another 5*! Hmmm... who to choose... Tiki is my Waifu, but I don't think she an "Optimal" choice, Robin (M) would be a good choice for screwing over Takumi's in the arena, there's Shareena if for some reason I really want a Lance Infantry rather than my Able... Decisions Decisions...

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 20, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Nuebot posted:

If they are wrong, and I kind of doubt it, then it probably comes down to a gently caress up in communication. The telephone thing, so what starts as "You'll have another chance to get Michalis later" becomes "You'll have a chance to get another Michalis later"

Yeah, that's the sort of thing I meant when I said "somehow misinformed". I also said that I doubt they're wrong, but thought I might as well say how they might be wrong on the off chance they are.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Don't suppose anyone here has leveled up a Michalis and seen if his stats are good? Mines at 33 now, and so far he has 39 attack (so is likely to end with over 40 attack with a silver axe, which makes me wonder if a 5* with Hautclere will surpass 50) 22 speed, 28 def (so is going to be a fairly sturdy flier it seems) and 14 Res. So far, looks like a kinda slow guy who can hit hard, and take a reasonable amount of (physical) punishment.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, it seems that if you already got Michalis from the 45 minute event thing earlier this week, you cannot in fact got more copies of him today, despite what was said. I can only assume whoever said you could get extra copies was misinformed in someway.

Anyway, how good a unit is Minerva, and is it worth trying to pull for her?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, worth it to try and pull for Minerva, or not?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

She's the best of a bad lot. Not even that good. Honestly, you're still better off with the other banner because Ninian. Hell, I'd want Rebecca over anything in this new banner. Save your orbs.

Well, I already have Ninian, and I have 100 orbs still stockpiled (got lucky there I suppose) and I thought she might be good, based on the experience I had with her in the voting gauntlet. The combination of hard hitting and high speed seemed desirable.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
my (5*) Nino is +attack -speed, which, well, at least it's not + defence, since the extra damage can come in handy, my Eirika helps out with her hone speed somewhat compensating for the loss in speed, and though it would be nice to have a higher doubling range, sometimes the sheer amount of damage concentrated into one hit is hilarious.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

Can confirm when I leveled my Hana from 2 stars she had close to 3000 SP by the time she was 5* and 40

What do you even do with that much SP?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Wait, so we're getting bunny Xander before normal Xander? Go figure I guess.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Rexroom posted:

That is a good thing.

Unless you meant Nowi.

I concur.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no objective "correct" choice for waifu/husbando, everyone has different tastes you know.

I mean, just because I personally like Tiki doesn't mean I should say to everyone else "you must marry Tiki" or anything like that. But yeah, everyone can choose whoever they want to marry, and there is no "right" answer (except of course when it come to eugenics). Admittedly, some can be pretty close to a "wrong" answer, (namely if they seem underage, to put it bluntly) but those aren't exactly common.

In short, Waifu wars are dumb. (even if they are fun)

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, whilst trying to get bunny Camilla I got a 4* regular Camilla. Turns out her IV is +attack -res, how useful is she with that?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

+atk camilla is like a whole tier above neutral camilla. -res is probably worse than -hp or -def for her but it isn't a big difference, she's pretty close to optimal.

Well, that's good to hear. So, now I have a good brave axe user I guess.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, I just got a +Speed -Def Ephraim. I trust that's pretty good? Any recommendations for skills to inherit? I already use Eirika as my Nino buffing machine. Also, a while back I got two different Hectors, a -Speed +Hp one, and (a fair bit later) a -Speed +Def one. I trust the +Def one is better, but what should I do with the other one? Give someone (such as Ephraim) distant counter, or enhance the other one?

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 1, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

I'm fascinated to see just how few letters you can use here.

Tell me more about how poo poo fliers are.

(Minerva did put in some serious work though)

My 5* +speed -attack Catria proved herself to be pretty good even though she was -attack, having Luna on a 2 Cooldown and being able to double a fair amount of things (not to mention not being made of paper, except when it comes to archers of course) turns out to be pretty good. I also have a Hinoka who seemed okay, and my 4* Caeda had trouble hurting green amours. My fourth flier for the challenge was Michalis, and he helped with archers at the very least, he seemed not terrible.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Hmmm... I have a +Attack -Speed Sheena, do you guys think she could be a decent unit if I gave her Wary fighter? I also have a -Attack +Res Sheena who is either going to be fed to the other Sheena, or used to give someone svalinn shield. Can you guys think of anyone (armoured units only) who would like svalinn shield? It's an A slot, in case you didn't know.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

The art looks derpy enough I'm gonna say that's fake.

Also, thanks for the Advice regarding Sheena. I will say that for the one I've already been training, the shield skill has come in handy with some of the enemies in the training tower. And you never know, it might come in handy on a challenge map some day. But yeah, as I expected, Wary fighter is a good idea.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 2, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

It's fanart.

Oh. Well my point about the art looking inexpert still stands!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
How would you recommend I build a +speed -def bunny Camilla? Gronblade and flier emblem? Iote's shield so I can have a flying mage who can handle archers? Moonbow or Draconic gaze?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

How would you recommend I build a +speed -def bunny Camilla? Gronnblade and flier emblem? Iote's shield so I can have a flying mage who can handle archers? Moonbow or Draconic gaze?

Quoting because it being the last post of the page probably meant a few people missed it. Thoughts?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

hit button posted:

I wouldn't advise dumping a lot of resources into a BCamilla, but if you did want to go hog wild on her then GronnRaven and Triangle Adept (or Fury) seems the consensus on how to maximize her usefulness. It actually makes her take 10% less damage from bows than an Iote carrier, and makes her great at killing them too, which is a very useful niche if you're running her on a full flier team.

Fair enough, my line of thinking with Gronblade was that I might be able to make her a flying magic nuke with hone and fortify fliers, much like people praised Ursula when given blarblade and in a hone/fortify cav team.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cpaf posted:

Got a 5* Fae doing the single roll to get out of bad colour RNG on the blue flier banner and then first roll was a 5* Ephraim on the only blue in the next one

:confused:

I guess you're getting prepped for Dragon Emblem, and hey, you have a good foot lance user now! (without having to promote Shareena) Could be worse!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
In contrast, I think Catria's voice is good.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
You know I've just realized something. A unit trained in the training tower during an xp boost like the one we just recently had, will be in a sense, worse than one trained outside of a boost period, due to the fact that with the boost, they will kill less units to level, and as such, get less +3SP's. And when they max, they will only get 1SP from kills, meaning they end up missing out on a not insubstantial amount of SP during the levelling process. A unit that doesn't get the boost will get more SP due to getting so many more +3SP's from kills during their leveling process.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Supercar Gautier posted:

A max-level unit can still get +3 from a kill as long as the enemy is strong enough. Enemies in the Eighth Stratum or higher work fine for grinding SP.

You sure about that? Because I swear my maxed dudes are only getting 1SP from tenth stratum kills. I know for certain they're only getting 1SP from Arena kills except for Ninian, for some reason.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 4, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
A triangle adept Robin M can work well. Unsurprisingly, so can Hector.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, there's already a twitter post about the scores so far.

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/status/849543085822554112/photo/1

Essentially, Camilla is going to stomp as hard as Lucina did, and so far Beruka and Subaki are like Chrom and Ephraim.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I have to wonder how a fight between Camilla and Lucina would go, considering how well Camilla is doing here.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Harsh but fair

I have a Catria and I don't really see what's so awful about it? I'll have another look I guess...

So, had a look, and only just realised that her default pose is that weird sideways "has both her butt and face facing you" spine twisting thing. Okay, I can agree that's dumb. Are then any other issues that make her art awful? Because so far all I'm getting is that her normal art has her in a dumb pose.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Catria would be mostly fine if she was wearing pants or tights or something like Palla underneath that ridiculous dress. She's still have the weird pose for her default appearance but her damaged and attacking poses are fine and her face, the most important part, looks good.

Yeah, when I was getting confused about people getting mad at her art I was mostly thinking of her face, since that's the only part I really remembered, so when I went to have another look for things that might make people mad I was like "oh wait she's in a dumb pose. Getting annoyed at that I can actually understand".

And your comment about lack of proper legwear has got my thinking about how I find Gwendolyn's art dumb due to her outfit, I mean, she complains about her bulky it is, and yet it's far less bulky than any of the other armour units, I mean, Effie and Sheena, both women, are about as armoured as Hector and Draug (even if Sheena's armour includes a skirt, at least it's a metal skirt of armour) whilst Gwendolyn has an unarmoured crotch and weirdly form hugging armour plates on the chest whilst she has bulky greaves and pauldrons and I'm just like "girl, your armour isn't bulky enough, and it totally needs to cover your crotch area as well, you have no right to complain when Effie and Sheena have actually bulky armour and no complaints. Perhaps you should talk to Effie about bulking yourself up". So yeah, I can totally understand how you can get mad at art you think is dumb. At least she doesn't have a dumb pose I guess?

Out of interest, who here agrees that Gwendolyn's art is dumb?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I find it hilarious you bash Wendy for not wearing crotch protection in the same breath you praise Effie's armor

Wait what's wrong with Effie's armour... OH GODAMMIT! I guess I never really noticed behind all the staus stuff. At the very least it's actually bulky all around, and even if there's a gap in the leg armour meaning there's a little bit of leg exposed at the top, it's not as ridiculous as Gwendolyn's... shorts? Is that what I should call the thing that goes from her crotch to like a good inch up her abdomen before actually armour appears? Look, I just have a particular hatred for her relative lack of armour since she complains about how bulky it is, even if Effie has a bit on inner leg exposed that's will never be as dumb and annoying (to me) than the fact Gwendolyn is the least armoured of the armour knights by a significant margin, and yet complains about her armour bulk. Those facts combined just make me irrationally mad.

I apologise for ranting like this, just felt like getting it out there since people were complaining about Catria I thought I might as well complain about the art I don't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, if I want to create a mega adult Tiki, like the one guy who made Mega Hana, what should I do? The one I have is +DEF -SPEED and currently has 582 Spare SP (Is a 4*). Moonbow because quick activation, stick with Bonfire because heftier damage gains or something else? Should Defiant attack be replaced with something (I don't have a Fury to give), what's a good B skill? (I'm thinking quick Riposte, or perhaps green tomebreaker). As for the support skill, I'm just thinking Reposition.

If you are a person who think it's a better idea to promote her and then just give her lightning breath plus to Ninian feel free to say so, though know such advice, no matter how sage, shall be ignored.