Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I love Merric solely for his little "Sha!" when he attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I started a pull thinking I might go for Frederick since I don't have any good dagger units, only got one colourless orb -- and it was a neutral Kagero, who's way better! So that's it for me for the summer banner, and probably colourless orbs altogether lol.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Senerio posted:

Leon had better use the Girl Pose when he shows up or so help me.

thank god

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Which is the best Lukas to use as a base for merges?
+Def/-Atk
+Atk/-Def
+Spd/-Hp

Is +Spd the best one because otherwise I'm undermining a core part of his role?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I do have a Boey lying around who I didn't know what to do with, so I'll build the +Def one around Ignis then. Perfect!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

my boys

I don't have anyone with QR atm unless I spend a lot of time training and promoting a 1 star Subaki. Anyway, I'll train them all up for SP and see how I go.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Ah yes, now I have the ability to replay Merric's "Shhah!" over and over to my heart's content

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Neutral 5* Lilina! Nice!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Silver Falcon posted:

Also is the Quote function supposed to do something on the hero page? Tapping the hero does their attack animation, but tapping that button doesn't seem to do anything. I was hoping I could see/hear Henry's crit quotes.

You have to hold down their little sprite for a second to hear the crits.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

My first pull was four colourless and a red, which was the only one I pulled, and I got a free neutral Ike!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I love putting on auto-battle and watching the AI make absolutely insane decisions, like putting Reinhart directly in front of an enemy Cherche

EDIT: oh hmm it got a better speed score than I normally do, maybe I shouldn't make fun

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 13, 2017

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

How dare they deprive us of our blessed hero, L'Arachel

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Got a 5-star +Def -Res Lukas off the hero fest banner (rip my dreams of Ninian or Julia). I have a +Atk -Def 4-Star+2 Lukas. I'm going to assume it's best to promote the merged Lukas then merge again, right? Which way should I merge?

This is my boy currently:

Ignore that res seal, I dunno how that ended up there.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

You can merge the 5* one down if you foresee yourself continuing to keep pulling on blues. You lose merges when promoting but don't lose them when merging down. At +5 a 4* will break even with a 5*, and at +10 they're basically a 5*+5.

When you merge a 5* down do their skills merge down too, or do you have to inherit for that? If I do keep the 4*, I'd like him to have the Killer+.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

you find some weird things in the training tower sometimes

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Just ran into a Reinhardt with Darting Blow 3 in the arena. What possesses someone to do that?

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Is a +Spd or +Atk Soren better? I'm probably going to put a Gronnblade on him, so I'm thinking speed is more important. +Spd one is -Def and +Atk is -Res if that has any bearing.

Edit: oh I guess speed would be better if I plan on keeping watersweep, but lol

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Aug 23, 2017

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Clarste posted:

Wow, I've never actually looked at Soren's stats before. He's almost exactly a worse Nino.

Yeah lol, I got loads of him pulling for Sonya, so I'm making him a budget (actually much more expensive) version of Nino for Arena Assault.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah, it was tiny, so that seems likely. I'm glad for that, it was beginning to bug me.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm android too and I had it, and just got the update.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The best attack animation in the GBA games is the fighter attack. Jump into the air, tilt over, bop! on the head

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I almost want to put cancel affinity on my Lyn to mess with people who've built a raven user up to counter her, but her native b skill is too good

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

Firesweep+/CA on Lyn is a powerful meme

hahahaha if only i had a rebecca

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Andrast posted:

I just accidentally clicked on the tempest icon and got 4k reward feathers that I had forgotten to collect

I do that every time. With Arena too. I just completely forget that you have to actually redeem the rewards lol.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I finally got a Hector! I've been in green orb hell for ages trying to get Sonya when she was first released, then again on her Tempest banner, and then Amelia from Sacred Stones, and now I finally, finally actually succeeded in getting the banner green I'm after. He's +HP -Res, which is nothing to sing home about, but it's also not debilitating, so I am very pleased. Now I just have to wait however many months until they repeat Xander and I'll have basically all the must-haves.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Momomo posted:

So I notice if you listen to the skill activation clips of healers in the Catalog of Heroes section, they seem to have quotes that are attacking the enemy. Are these used anywhere?

I think they use them when you start a battle. I've noticed Priscilla has two different reads for "I'll ease your pain" -- one for her support special, and one that I've only heard when starting a battle, and then in the catalog of heroes for that attack activation line. The second one is kind of passive aggressive like 'ha, I'll ease your pain' and I love it.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I've got a +Atk Mathilda and I want to be the change in the world, so how should I go about it? I'm thinking darting blow in her A slot, maybe Firesweep Lance since I've got a couple of Rodericks sitting around, some kind of cavalry buff in her C slot, and I'm not sure about her B slot. I guess I could go reciprocal aid/ardent sacrifice and desperation? I've got a Shanna for desperation. And I suppose in that case fury would be better than darting blow.

I only have 800 feathers atm because I just promoted a bunch of Ninos for merging so I won't be able to actually build her for a little while, but I like planning projects like this out.

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 4, 2017

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

blizzardvizard posted:

I usually don't mind the varied art styles at all but colored pencil art seems like a poor fit for a mobile game

The outfits look amazing but the faces look weird.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

LightningSquid posted:

Anyway if anyone has better suggestions to put my +ATK Sanaki to use I'm all ears! I've been wanting to make a triple Bladetome team but my Nino and Linde are both -ATK so I'm stalling on it.

Swordbreaker's handy on Sanaki. I have three different breaker skills on mine atm cos I got indecisive. She's up there with Tiki for the number of weird things I've inherited on her.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I just realised that three out of my four Olivias, including the one I've actually been using at lvl 40, are -Atk lmao.

The other one is +Spd so I guess I gotta get her.... up to speed.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

rip Klein, my only good archer until now despite being -Atk. So many useful skills I wanted to inherit onto so many characters, but Lyn needed her new bow most of all.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

VelociBacon posted:

What are the numbers that appear on your allies at the end of a victorious battle?

e: My Lyn is now 40. What do I need to do to keep progressing her? Thanks for the help with these newbie questions

Hero Merit. Once you reach 500 on a character, they give you 500 feathers. Repeat every 500 points until 3000.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Boss Hector is even more disgusting though.

I love finishing those first couple runs with a bonus unit and the bonus scoring so you get like fifty rewards at once. It's excellent.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I got a new Lukas from my latest summon! This one's +HP -SPD, so I think I'll make him the new base instead of my +Atk -Def one, annoying as it is to have to level him up again. He's got Earth Boost from one of the several Boeys he ate, so the more HP the better.

Oh, and I got a Brave Ike from the same summon, but, you know, whatever (finally!!!)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Speaking of Cherches, I got a Klein just now so I finally finished mine! (except for a brave axe+ and five more merges)

She's made friends with Minerva. Soon, they will be wed.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Andrast posted:

If you are pairing her with Minerva I would definitely go with goad fliers over threaten defense

Yeah she'll be on my flier team for certain so I want to have that on her too, but for now threaten works for her as a self-contained unit.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I really wish they would make it so every pull of orbs is guaranteed to have at least one of each colour of the banner units.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Well that's a first for me! and one of those is plus attack! Now if only it had been Nephenee...

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

lol i never noticed before this new chapter how cheesecakey Bruno's damaged artwork is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

ungulateman posted:

same, except across multiple pulls

my first is +atk/-res and my second is straight neutral

haha, that's exactly what my two are!