Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I recently got back into this game with the whole "NEW PLAYER SUPPORT!!!" thing they were doing a few weeks ago. I had not pulled a single 5* unit and I was against rerolling in the beginning so I was pleasantly surprised to see the game showering me in 5* units on my return. I was able to pull Gray and Delthea from the old Tempest Trial banner and Genny from Hero Fest, and they plus my old reliable workhorse 3* Barst were my team for a while. With the CYL banner I chose Ike to fill out that glaring hole in my team. I also got an Innes from the Sacred World that has been somewhat nice.

So my current team is Gray, Delthea, Bike, and Innes. Other 5* units I have are Clive (obviously), Boey, Seth, the Genny I mentioned before, and an Effie that's not very good. I have ~100 orbs and I've cleared most of the story maps and all of the Paralogues, so I don't have too many more orbs to mine that I didn't get when I was playing the game before. I'm wondering if I should be using the remainder of my orbs to try for another Brave unit or if my team is good enough and I should be saving for other things that would be better. I also have around 70,000 feathers I could be using to upgrade units, but it would take me ages to list all the 4* stuff I have tooling around, and I wish I had gotten more but the game elects to give me bronze fools at the same rate despite the upgrade.

Other than that I'm having fun and with Brave Ike on my team I actually feel like I'm doing a good job and winning a lot. It's not bad considering I was rolling with all purely 4* units before I came back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I don't see much sense in grinding out supports now when I'm going to be running repeat maps in Tempest Trials soon and I can kill two birds with one stone that way.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Andrast posted:

You can level the 4* to 40 to check her IVs if you can't look at her lvl1 stats anymore.

-ATK is bad but if you give her TA she can still handle the occasional green Nino has problems with.

You don't need to bring her to 40. Just bring her to 20, go to the unlock potential menu, and check what her level 1 5* stats will be.

EDIT: Late

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

As a somewhat fresh player I'm proud of myself for managing to clear the Lunatic Bound Hero Battle. Not that I'm anywhere near doing Infernal, but at least I was able to get that much out of it.

The trick was splitting up Eirika and Ephraim, which I did by baiting the horse mage with Innes on the right side past the broken wall. Eirika tried to go for him while Ephraim followed the blue mage on the left side. From there I was able to ace the sword cavalier, finish off the horse mage, get Innes out of danger and use Delthea and Gray combined to kill Eirika.
The blue mage was softened up by a Delthea bait on the next turn as well, so beating him wasn't a problem. Ephraim than promptly ran into Ike and fell.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The game blessed me with a +Atk 5* Reinhardt this morning so I should never want for anything again. Perfect for racking up SP while also gaining Tempest Trial points. I don't have a Death Blow to pass right this second, but I'll find something for him.

Also his Goad Cavalry makes Eliwood less of a load since I don't want to bother promoting him.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I've been impressed by MMarth's performance. I'd love to have her continue to be on my team for the raw gimmicks.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

So I had a funny moment today where my friend came over and we did some summons for kicks. My second summon was a +Atk -Def Brave Lyn, and his second summon was a Neutral Brave Ike. That was just... very funny.

I also got a Gordin before Lyn so I'm thinking of spending feathers on him so I can sacrifice him for the Brave Bow on Lyn. That's worth it, right? I have a LOT of feathers and nothing to really use them on right now so...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm still climbing up the tiers. Going from 17 to 18 should be really easy when I only need to be in the top 50%. And that's when you start getting 4 orbs per season, which is really what I'm after more than the feathers.

I also finally used some of my feathers to sacrifice a Gordin to get Brave Lyn a Brave Bow. It's still going to take some time to learn it, but the option will be there.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Finally learned Brave Bow+ on Brave Lyn! Chain Challenges, here we come.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I saved up a whole mess of orbs, spent about 100 on only Blues and Reds, and haven't gotten a 5* yet. What a world. I know I'm setting up for disappointment, but I want to get at least something. Come on, Elincia.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Game finally tossed a 5* at me, and it thankfully was Nephenee. +ATK -DEF seems pretty servicable. I'll work on her as much as I can on my budget.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Speaking of Lloyd I finally fought a team including him in the Arena and he was the last ? on my list of Heroes. So that's nice.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm personally waiting until Friday's Double SP to pull again.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

My current team has been BIke, Reinhardt, Bow Lyn, and MMarth. However, I'm wondering if there's still any room for Delthea in this comp. I gave her my summoner support and I'm currently unsure if she has a place with all the good luck I've had around the CYL stuff. I do well enough in Arena and stuff, but I feel like she's pointless compared to Reinhardt... but I do so love her buffing abilities...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Today, I got an Elincia!

She's -ATK +DEF!

...well, I still like her. I'm going to make her marry Valter.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

As someone who doesn't have any 5* Dancer yet and has been working with baby's first Olivia, which of the new four would be the most appealing for me to focus on?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I have 80,000 feathers and I have to save half of those for the Xander/Camus reprisals down the line, but the others are fair game. Probably not going to think about it for a while though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got a 5* Jaffar on the free summon, so can't complain about that free Life and Death. No idea who would want it though. All my units seem fine with the A skills they have so far.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'll save it for the 4*+10 Cordelia I'm working on then. I have a lot of her so it seemed like a good idea to work on it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

My team's apparently good enough to hit scores of 700 against arena enemies? I'm even using Alphonse, though I did at least round out his skills a bit. Still, I don't know if I want to be going against teams like that too much. I guess it doesn't matter since I am in Tier 20, and I was expecting to fall back to 19 regardless, but I'll ride it out.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It could be a Bound Hero Battle.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I have zero idea who I want to support. I don't have a particular attachment to anybody there.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Pulled a -SPD +RES Axzura, which I think is pretty solid regardless. Time to build this baby up and see what all the dancing fuss is about.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I've had some real bad teams and have been losing a lot of matchups.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I don't know if anyone realized but ordinary Arena Offense rewards include 10 Sacred Coins now, no matter how well you do.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Arena's truly been awful for me today. I'm probably not in the right state of mind, but I'll keep on trying for that deathless run. I haven't had this much trouble in a long while.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Why do people keep calling Flags feathers?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Only spent around 60 orbs but don't have any focus units yet. I think I would want Sigurd the most, but I don't really know. I didn't get hardly any green orbs, so I feel like Deirdre is a fargone dream.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Sigurd's only true weaknesses are dragons and lances... Deirdre is a green tome that kills dragons effectively... they're the perfect couple

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It's pretty awkward to get two red Armor units back to back in a Tempest Trial, but hey, it works I guess. Still wonder what the schedule looks like. I guess they didn't want to reveal it earlier in the month because of all this unexpected excitement.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm starting to build my Arvis as well, but it's a lot of investment just to get his normal skills for the time being. I'd like to get his 4* butt to level 40 before promoting just for the extra help, but he's a really bad match (at least at the moment) for the final Warriors map.

Fury + Recovery Ring seems like a great investment though, I can finally not be afraid to use some of my Hinatas that are everywhere.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I tried to play FE4 once but I felt like I was completely screwing up everything and I was only partway through Chapter 1 so I just kind of gave up? But at least I was far enough to know who Ayra is

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Boy every single unit in Infernal Arvis sure can one-shot kill my entire party.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I almost glossed over it but I found a Close Counter Savage Blow Sakura during a garbage Arena Assault one-on-one clearing.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I got a +Speed -HP Tailtiu so... that's good. I assume she'd be pretty good with Axezura behind her, though I wonder if Reinhardt just does her job better. Still, my first good Bladetome is not a bad thing.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I managed to beat Lunatic Ursula after only four or so tries. The key ended up being a small speed buff to Reinhardt allowing him to quad the Green Armor, and from there I could clean up with more offense.

Infernal seems pretty hard, so I'll probably not bother with it too much. After how many tries it took me to get through Arvis's, and with how specific people's setups seem to be for it, I think I'm good leaving it be for now.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Is Arden best sticking to his Brave Sword or should he be using something else in a perfect world?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I ask because a I pulled a Saber I'm probably never going to use. :getin:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Tae posted:

Arvis is really good.

Thank god, I didn't want to have to use Ursula. Arvis got the 5* promotion so he's easily going to fill out my team's weak red hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

90-ish orbs down, no units or even 5*s yet. I'd really like Henry for Armor March but anyone not named Nowi would be fine by me.