Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I came across a Marissa with distance counter :wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is Takumi worth keeping around or should I give his close counter to my Halloween Jakob?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Two summon rounds got me the new Lucina, Brave Lyn, and Robin. Yeah I'm happy with that

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What's a good A skill for MGrima? I have a spare Brave Ike but I figure Steady Breath is wasted a bit with Vengeful Fighter. Distant Defense seems like a good option to add to his tankiness?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If I had BF I'd feed him to my Halloween Jakob and I'm trying real hard not to blow the rest of my orbs on the banner

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My Brave Hector is +Atk/-Spd :woop:

My Brave Ephraim is +Hp/-Def :smith:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Onmi posted:

Oh my loving god.

I woke up and my map has no open battles available and I'm very confused

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm about to feed my extra LHector to Brave Ephraim for DC. I'm not making a mistake doing that instead of giving it to a +10 Effie or Sheena, right?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

loquacius posted:

BEphraim is a great DC target, confirmed

It's unclear whether DC is even the best A-slot for Effie -- if you're running BL+ on her she wants Death Blow.

Personally the next time I get a spare DC I dunno whether I'm going to join the cool kids by giving it to Eirika or give it to Sigurd instead, he'd own with it

Yeah right now my Effie is DB+BL but was wondering if switching her to DC + Vengeful (from a spare MGrima) would be a better use. I'll keep my Effie as she is because I gave her Galeforce too and I get a kick out of treating her like some unstoppable solo killing machine. I also like the idea of just planting Brave Ephraim and Brave Hector next to each other and just cheesing PVE stuff.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I pulled a Halloween Myrrh and a Brave Hector on the same round. Now do I merge my duplicate Hector with my existing +Atk/-Spd one or do I feed him to my Halloween Jakob? I love all my Hector units but I also feel like my Halloween Jakob is kind of mediocre right now

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I know Legendary banners aren't great for targeting a specific character, but if there are 5 units you want then mathematically it makes sense right?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Was going to blow my 160 orbs on last year's winter banner because I want some armor skill fodder but now I need to rethink

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I got a Tibarn :woop:

It's -Atk/+HP :smith:

My Leanne is +Spd though so I guess that evens out

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

On my first session pulled a +Res Sutr so now I can fix my -Atk/+Spd copy :toot:

Now do I blow the rest trying to fix my +Spd Hardin or save for the legendary banner

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So basically a bunch of players said they wanted some units retired from the summoning pool and other units demoted and then the monkey paw curled

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Halloween Myrrh is one of the best candidates for Special Fighter right?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Gluten Freeman posted:

Yeah she'd be good with it. It's good on any armour that is either fast or has access to a way to double that isn't speed-based.

Right now I have her with VF so she's dual phase. I guess I'll swap out Heavy Blade with QR so she can wreck poo poo up (has DC too). Right now my LTiki has the QR seal but I can probably put the Darting Stance seal on her and still have a good chance at getting a follow-up attack on defense.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

rannum posted:

after the first few abyssal gardens they toned things down so they've really not been that hard outside of forced time maps and most later day units are good out of the box with minimal if any investment
I just threw blessings out to units that filled some niche ("i should probably have a magic sword breaker", "where did i put my armor slayers", "whomst can kill dragons")with some basic skills applied (if that) and picked ones that would help counter the map. :shrug:

I haven't played the latest maps because they seem to be "going to give these units 80+ HP and call it a day" slogs.

I actually liked them before that because all my crap 5* units were given random breaker skills to fit some niche on these maps and now I don't need them so they are going to sit on my roster and mock me for being completely worthless pity breakers

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 2, 2019

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I had the same dilemma and decided on giving it to HJakob since I already have a ton of blue powerhouses anyway. Brave Bow + Bold Fighter owns bones.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 2, 2019

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I care more about IS just dumping 90 HP 60 ATK units in PvE content than I do about what the whales are doing

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Pulled a free neutral Berkut on my last summon ticket :toot:

Wanted Corrin or Tiki but I'm not going to complain

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Being able to instantly activate vantage, brazen, and escape route on specific units sounds nice but I'm wondering if it would be better just to stick Berkut's Lance on Fallen Berkut and make him a more straight forward magical tank

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

golden bubble posted:

Kriemhild can put an entire team into vantage/brazen range in one turn. For Kriemhild's effect closest unit takes priority for the damage. For example, if the effect activates while there's an ally within 2 spaces of Berkut, and another adjacent to him, the adjacent one will suffer the damage. If multiple units are the same distance from Berkut, and Kriemhild's effect activates, they will all suffer the damage.

Right but I either need to clean up by the end of the next turn or have him GTFO away from everyone else or any in range ranged enemies. Although I guess I can try juggling adjacent units as well

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Normally I'm terrible at GHBs and just wait for Pheonixmaster to give me the cheat codes but I beat that no problem with my primary armor team

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Normally I'm loathe to color snipe on these banners but blue looks stacked and I'd probably be happy with any of the colorless so bye bye orba

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I had two Special Fighter units with Aether pin a Rokker boss in place. Legit felt like cheating

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is there a Hector banner coming other than the Book 1 one?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Got Hector on my second green orb but not sure if I want to stash for future fodder or finally make an Ares

No way am I going to attempt to pull a second

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ugh I got excited for Bector but then I saw Thea on the banner too so now I can't spend my orbs and I'm mad

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Andrast posted:

A 3-unit banner where two units share a color is still better than a 4-unit banner for getting a specific unit

Well I got a 5* Thea so I'm blaming you

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Guess I'll post this for the HOF

She's built to be a worst case nothing more than two turn speedbump in AR defense. I have her buried in the corner behind multiple layers of structures. I've had many successful defenses simply because people were focused on taking out my Sutr at one end of the map and they underestimated how much time they'd need to take her out, or because they were trying to be too cute with the traps

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 22, 2019

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I pulled a Keaton. I don't know if I should make him a DC/Vantage enemy phase unit or keep his base Special Spiral and give him Heavy Blade and Aether

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DrOgreface posted:

What are his IVs? I’d want pretty solid IVs before giving DC to a 5* exclusive, but he is at the top of that list.

+Spd/-Def which isn't great but could be worse

I'm probably not going to feed him my one spare Hector. Thinking I give him Heavy Blade in his A slot and give him a Blazing special. I could give him my HB seal but my Galeforce Effie and Hrid already have a hard enough time sharing it

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jul 23, 2019

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So red is stacked right? And colorless

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 30, 2019

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So color sniping on a Legendary banner is actually a good idea if it's multiple colors and you're fine with all the units of that color, right?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DrOgreface posted:

That’s like the best case scenario. It’s fine to snipe one color too. I wouldn’t pull colors if you only want one of the three though.

Hell even green looks good since I need to fix my -Atk Hector and I could use Armor March but I just know Lyn will poo poo in my soup

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spent 200 orbs and got my first lion dude man with a +Atk, a +Spd Sothis, a +Res Greil, a -Spd Marth, and a whatever Lyn

I am pretty happy with those first 3. I still want Alm though. I have 160 orbs but need to save for the Armor March revival banner and CYL so probably should stop

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I know nothing about Death Knight but I'm 5* ing him immediately and making him bros with Black Knight

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

200 orbs of red and colorless sniping got me only a Fallen Tiki. But she's +Spd/-Hp so I guess there's that at least

Now I have no orbs to get Armor March fodder next week :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yay free Hilda on my free pull