Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Dr Pepper posted:

Since the game has a rolling gatcha it seems I want to know how many pulls it takes to get a 5 star guaranteed. That's important for budgeting reasons.

What is a rolling Gatcha?

sharrrk posted:

had to vote for my darling husband lon'qu whom i love dearly

you don't happen to do narration work for nintendo do you (watches the fire emblem direct again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

This will be my first mobile game so I'm guessing from context, but it seems that every time you fail to get a good character (whether that means a popular one or a 5-star one we don't know) the chance to get one goes up, until eventually it's 100%.

This is a good thing

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is it out yet

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

you fucker it isn't out yet at all

You're wrong, I'm installing on android right now

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So is the only way to get orbs to do story mode? They dont seem to drop in training.

Concerned I'm eventually going to run out of sources of free orbs to pull levers

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've only got a single 5* tiki and while she's good, she got loving demolished by a duelling 5* lucina who double rounded her for 40 damage a hit.

I really can't be arsed putting money into this game, but I dont mind putting time into it to get orbs.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

Don't send dragons against people wielding falchion

Yeah, I get that.

she double rounded everything else first.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pulled a 5* nohrian dark mage (can't remember his name) who promptly proceeded to get three empty levels in a row :toot:

WTB Lucina

sassassin posted:

5* starts at 6%.

3%, increasing by 0.25% for every non 5* you pull

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Nuebot posted:

So I still have a grievance with map layouts. They love starting you off in small areas where an enemy mage or archer will reach you in a turn or two, and the only way to not just spend half the map getting pelted is to have a ranged guy of your own. Except due to the fact that you can't reposition your units, it's still a complete crapshoot whether or not your ranged unit will start within range of that guy, and because there's a good chance you're starting in a space barely big enough for your dudes to move around in on a map like this, it becomes kind of lovely.

Your positions are set by the order your units are set in your team. Change the order of the units changes their position on the map, but I'm hosed if i can remember what order on the ally screen corresponds to their position when the map starts

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Whats the difference between a 5* and a focus 5*

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

$20 for a pull of the gacha are you loving kidding me

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

New map under "Special" maps for the entire month, one fairly standard map, with 3 orb rewards from normal and hard. not sure if there's a lunatic mode for it or not, but it was v easy.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm not letting Tharja get laid

You're mean

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Synthbuttrange posted:

I've done 3 full pulls from free orbs. No 5*

Not one. :(

I sympathise with this

I think I've done like 6 pulls from free orbs, and 1 from paid, and have three 5*

Tiki (dunno if it's adult or kid, her tag says scion), Marth, and Leo

Marth is a loving beast though

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I hope they cut the amount of feathers needed to level from 4* to 5* by a significant amount, because 20k is ridiculous

On a related note: new rolls! is there any decent way to farm orbs that isn't farming story? My highest levels are 33-35 and I'm getting loving demolished on same level maps.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Oh cool a robin cinematic

3*

*fart*

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

How do you even get feathers? I just tend to do 7 rounds of arena and get 1k feathers from it every so often

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've got a silver Effie and she's loving ridiculous, swear to god

she straight up murders any red lord who crosses her, will tank blue and red mage hits like a champ, but gets murdered by green mages, and Takumi hurts her a lot

I seriously dislike how strong takumi is because every loving team in the arena has one, if not two or more, him and Lucina

enemy lucinas are just straight up better than my marth and i don't know what niche marth has in the game while lucina exists, because she just straight up trumps him. he's not even good at killing dragons for fucks sakes

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

What's this about skill inheritance?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Philip Rivers posted:

Feed yr units to other units to make murder mutants.

I thought we could only merge same units into themselves

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

It is time to create the ultimate tanky murderhobo

I want to make queen effie, how do I do this, what do I give her.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I finally have enough feathers to upgrade someone to a 5* and I need another 15 emblems? I dont even know what colour those are, what's the best way to get them?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Effie

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Roger Explosion posted:

I'm considering promoting my Effie to 5* too now that the prospect of putting Vengeance on her is a thing. I'm little stumped as to what C skill would be good for her though. I'll promote either her or Anna because throwing Armored Blow 3 and Threaten Attack 3 on her actually might give her some staying power.

Edit: wait no, maybe Draconic Aura on Effie. That extra 30% to attack would melt everything. God, I hope skill swapping will be easy.

I'd hope for a +res C skill tbh, or something that'll slow down the damage on the 3 takumis 1 healer team I keep seeing on intermediate.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is Nino good? I got a three star one

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

akulanization posted:

She's good, but you aren't going to see it until you get her gronnblade and maybe upgrade her to 4*.

What's so good about her if you don't mind me asking? She devours blues, but most green casters would, I imagine

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

yeah, i used two to clear the two of the 9's, just to get the orbs.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fire Emblem sure does love its little sisters wanting to go down to bone town with their bigbrothers huh

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Roger Explosion posted:

I thought it was really only, like, four or so of them, but goddamn.

Awakening and Fates were really the only ones i played so this makes me a little uncomfortable

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tired Moritz posted:

Um fates tho?

I didn't particularly enjoy it

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

General Morden posted:

lucina definitely wants to bone her father

every fe game is about incest tbh let's be real

Excuse you

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Kyte posted:

Having a 2-range heal is actually fairly useful since it means she can still heal your frontliner without risking archer attack or taking a ranged unit's spot in a chokepoint. Works best with Imbue, though.

By the way, they also datamined the next Grand Hero Battle (Ursula) and the anti-Ursula banner (Nino, Effie, Felicia, Setsuna).

Isn't Ursula the Blue Tome anti-cavalry user that's repeatedly loving me in the rear end in *Checks* 9-3 lunatic?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph, and Julia are part of the base roster now. Eirika and Seliph are base 4*, Julia and Ephraim are base 5*

Please tell me how to use an emulator

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

well first you download it, then you download the game you want, then you run the emulator and tell it to run the game

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Agoat posted:

What makes her so strong?

HEARD YOU TALKING poo poo LIKE I WOULDN'T FIND OUT

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/LadyKuki1/status/840708391601352704

was this posted yet?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Has anyone crafted the perfect Effie yet?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Got a 5* Eliwood on my latest pull, that I will never use I don't think

I'm planning on levelling an MRobin to 5*, as well as Nino, which should I prioritise, and has there been a skill list compiled for maximum murder Nino?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

where the gently caress's my daily orbs

i need my fix you fuckmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I pulled takumi

Should I mulch him into effie for close counter