Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Phone games suck.

Most are lovely clones of each other.

Once in a blue moon you get a real beauty like Final Fantasy Record Keeper that is a legit good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

MarcusSA posted:

I blame Trump for this not being out in America yet.

Failing Dena can't get their overrated game to greatest country! Sad!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I really wish this game had a starter pack that gave you 20 of each badge and 20,000 feathers

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
The lack of stamina upgrades is super baffling. Literally every other gacha I've seen has a player level system. I really wonder what was the logic behind bucking the mold.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

acumen posted:

I have a feeling it's from how out of control it got in FFRK. Like I said before, I have shitloads of stamina and if they didn't create dailies that required ridiculous amounts, it'd take me forever to drain it every day. They gave out a ton over the first few months of the game but for the past year your cap goes up by like 1 point every month or so. Maybe they tried to change things up a bit here but the implementation crashed and burned. Story missions don't need to take 50% of your stamina at the point where they're initially available.

Weirdly enough the stamina levelling is the one thing I feel FFRK isn't generous about. Not stingy, but not generous. A lot of games either give you player exp for clearing any level or let's players buy upgrades.

FFRK gates it's later stamina leveling behind bosses that can seriously frustrate a casual player.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Heaven Spacey posted:

In Arena, if the healer unit doesn't have an offense spell equipped they can't get baited out into making a suicidal attack and will instead just sit behind the rest of your nerds and heal them like they're supposed to.

I have no idea how the game selects what team you use when you're defending though so this is kind of pointless theorycraft until they add some way to manually make a team of defenders. :shrug:

It's the first team in your lineup. Look at your dots.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Blackdog420 posted:

So, I was told that Takumi will never be individually nerfed due to Japanese law. The only way he can possibly be nerfed is if there is a wide-scale adjustment of some kind.

Instead of googling to see if this is even true I came straight here to discuss it in pure frustration.

Yup. They'd have to provide refunds to everyone who pulled for him. Which is basically impossible.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper has the same issue where two early relics basically warped the entire game (both gave a +300% DEF and RES boost).

Denas' solution was basically to permanently offer a banner with them on it. And many end game bosses now have attacks that ignore def/res.

But FFRK doesn't have PvP so I think fire emblem is going to be much harder to fix

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
This game should've had a starter pack of orbs and feathers at launch. As is, I'm getting too bored to pay moneynow. It would've been an easy $4.99 revenue stream right there

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
That's incredibly amateurish and kinda killed any remaining enthusiasm I have for the PVP

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

dragon enthusiast posted:

Who gives a gently caress

Just duel

*Nervously accepts 7th duel. Opponent is four 10X merged Takumis*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Donnel is basically Jason Statham's character in that bizarrely star studded Dungeon Siege movie.