Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ive voted for hector every single day and yet lyn is still winning. now i'm no mathematician but that just don't add up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i sold my soul to google last summer and have like $12 in google play survey blood money saved up, i'm gonna be rolling in hectors

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I didn't realize people liked nowi, especially more than tiki

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

blizzardvizard posted:

Severe lack of manvotes itt

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dunban posted:

I accidentally voted for Arthur twice, RIP

this is a blessing, not a curse

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blaze Dragon posted:

FE9 Ike is going to win males and Lyn or Lucina is going to vote females. There's no point in voting to win when the results were obvious before the poll even began.

I'm just voting my favourite characters for the sake of voting them. It's not like I expect Reyson to rank high.

I figured Chrom was going to win for males before the first thing came out, and I definitely didn't expect to see Hector at #3.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dr Pepper posted:

But what if it's a good phone game.

The only good phone games are otome games and emulating GBA games, and this is neither.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

U-DO Burger posted:

it's pretty cool that someone made a fangame based on Awakening and Fates, and that Nintendo would add those fanmade characters to Heroes!

I mean that's who that masked marth character on the polls was right? It feels pretty silly for nintendo to add what is clearly an fan's self-insert to their phonegame but hell, who am I to judge?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Owned, your original post is forever immortal now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Stephen9001 posted:

I can't but help but notice that their post doesn't have a message saying they hosed around with it...

If you edit your post within the first 2 minutes or so of posting it that message doesn't appear for whatever reason.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

McSpankWich posted:

Now that this game is out is someone going to make a thread that isn't loving terrible?

dont be vulgar.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i got 5 4* units and theyre all pretty cool, how big is the difference between 4* and 5*? ive rerolled about 8 times i think?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Terper posted:

I don't buy that Awakening sold because of "waifus". It sold well because it had a very crisp, popping artstyle that shined in its CG cutscenes (and consequently its commercials) and because it was basically the first really big game for the 3DS and finally gave people something to talk about in regards to the system.

Probably, but I think the reason it captured so many people's imaginations and time was because of the dating sim. The game wouldn't have generated nearly as much fan art and content if you couldn't kiss Chrom and Lucina, not to mention eugenics being a min/maxers dream, which means fewer people would have been anticipating future titles as eagerly.

My only issue with Awakening's marriage stuff is the significant lack of meganekko. C'mon Nintendo, one is hardly enough.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I got 5* Corrin out of it so i can't be too upset

that's actually the perfect reason to be upset

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Losing stamina for failing story missions in 2017 is pretty insane when successful games like Granblue have proven that there are much more consumer friendly options

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Brother Entropy posted:

man doing the dramatic animated summon and still getting them at 4* is kinda mean

looking at you roy

I got 4 cutscenes in one pull during a reroll attempt and all of them were 3* and 4*. it's some real rudeness

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'd like to see their reasoning for Fae being SS. obviously she's the only green dragon so that's something, but mine is a level 33 4* and she just gets doubled all the time, does very little damage, and has no real favorable matchups - the things she walls also wall her (since casters generally have high resistance) and the 10 healing really falls off. the only times i ever really get any value from her is blue low Attack general-type.

the game just feels to rocket tag-ish for grindy units like her that slow the game down to work.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dr Pepper posted:

They're melee mages in this game.

Since all ranged attackers 2 range only here, having a RES targeting melee unit is a niche.

It's currently not a particularly useful niche though since they have low defense and the things they resist - mages - have high resistance. I'm putting my heart and soul into making this Fae I have work and it's a real journey

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
holy moly this 4* lon'qu is bad. felicia also seems to struggle to do much of anything. at least my boys arthur and azama is doing well in this new group.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
~3900 offense score
199 defense
rank 1904

hopefully none of that changes notably by the time prizes are doled out tomorrow

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i wouldn't say "a lot" of people use cordelia, I played a lot of pvp (obvious because of my stupid nerd rating) and i saw literally none of them and i saw a lot of Takumi, sword-lords, and Tikis. i dont think Camilla is a good meta choice atm. on the other hand i think Abel and Robin are insanely good anti-meta units if you're grinding expert pvp.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
here's my anti-takumi unit: any cavalier because they approach from a safe distance, double him and murder his stupid rear end

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm glad evasion (and their inverse, crits) aren't present since it costs either time or money to replay maps in this game. I'd rather not be out ~2 hours because I whiffed against the boss of a lunatic event when I had 97% accuracy, or lose my pvp streak when I ate a 6% crit or got hit three times in a row at 25%.

That said no dodge definitely makes agile units less appealing. Ninjas in general feel bleh even with their various debuffs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Presumably the Ryoma mission, which was pretty funny when Abel was my leader.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nephzinho posted:

May deter attackers who are Red heavy? Though I'm not sure how that would affect everything because who knows what defense points even do.

They get you feathers.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I feel like this game is going to get very easy very quickly once I hit max level, not because of numbers, but because sacrificing units for trades no longer matters since the only thing stopping me from doing it now is the lost EXP. I'll also be leveling alternate teams but you can bet your sweet bippy I'll only be using level 40s for events/PvP once I get there.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cheetah7071 posted:

You could probably make two or three entire gachas just out of notable omissions from the games that are already in

And there's no way we aren't getting variations like Fighter Gaius or whatever.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there any real heavy hitters that get Vantage? I drew a 4* Lon'qu who has it but I'd put his damage output somewhere around Abel - decidedly average. That might change as he grows but I haven't been wowed by him at level 20 yet.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hunt11 posted:

So any idea when we are going to get a fresh banner?

~2 weeks I think.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I actually didn't know that having units die lowered your PvP score, thanks. Like I said I'd been keeping everyone alive when possible since I'm still getting exp, but it's good to know there's an incentive at level cap too. And now that I think about it the daily special dungeon has "4 units alive" as a win condition so I imagine that'll hold true for future events.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Cordelia's art in this game really sucks, especially compared to some of the fantastic unique styles like Arthur and Serra, or even the more traditional anime ones like Lucina and Abel (abel's art is loving amazing)

e: ~4400 feathers. not bad.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Haroshia posted:

Can ANY unit be pulled at 5* right now? This significantly changes banner value.

No.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mirthless posted:

if your target has Takumi in slot 1 pick another bracket

I'm no coward and will mash that Expert button until the day I die.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Gallant puts his best unit in the lead to ward off inexperienced players.

Goofus uses 2 Takumi and a Tiki, but puts some garbage pegasus knight as his captain to farm easy Defense wins.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
god I cannot deal with how awful Felicia is. there's a fine line between "support-inclined" and "cannot actually damage anyone other than mages, and also dies to everything."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MotU posted:

i have enough 5 and 4 stars from these banners that i dont really want any of the featured ones but now that means im not drawing and im stockpiling orbs and its loving me up

I don't have a Hector or a Takumi so I feel obligated to keep drawing, but I'm also hoarding Orbs and Stamina pots for the assumed Valentine's event. I justify it by assuming someone else will get one of those skills sooner or later anyway.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ApplesandOranges posted:

There's a Lunatic Mission that requires bringing her! :v:

Yeah this is why I'm leveling her. She's currently 26 and basically does nothing. I assumed upgrading her weapon would be enough to make her actually hit for more than 0x2 on everything but it absolutely didn't after a handful of levels.

I'm having similar "luck" with my 4* Lon'qu who I figured might be alright since Vantage is the good good but even he struggles to bust through even mediocre armor and just eats curb constantly.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
jesus Stratum 10 doesnt mess around. granted i dont have a god squad, robin is my only AAA unit, but drat. managed to squeeze a win but basically zero EXP for it since basically anyone who got frags died.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
just got my robin to 40, looks like he was +speed/-defense. thats not awful but he still doesn't get doubles very often against non-armored units. i guess at least he gets doubled less by enemy spellcasters and archers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

dragon enthusiast posted:

Is Triangle Adept really that good, I've been avoiding it on Roy so I don't have to worry to that degree about the weapon triangle

the triangle really makes or breaks units at high levels. i dont know what level your dudes are or what difficulty content youve been doing but like, my Fae (green) who has super high resistance and HP gets mauled by red spellcasters.