Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Evil Eagle posted:

Enjoy your 6x8 maps all. Farewell

Is the map really 6x8 :whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Beat Normal Mode and enjoyed how polished the art and animation was but I think I'm gonna lay this game down. Game feels bit too rapacious with a dearth of content which I guess is relatively common in JP cell phone games.

Only 3 Arena a day (without spending) and requiring almost 3-4 weeks of waiting for a single 4*->5* upgrade (if you don't spend).
Only way to get a natural 5* is to whale the gacha and from looking at some of the high arena teams its just army of Nat 5*s (just bunch of Takumi and Hectors)

Also, there really is no real way to get Orbs other than breaking out the CC.

So after beating Story mode once things you are limited to are leveling units that you can't rank up for weeks anyways???

But had lot of fun running the normal story mode once, with Camilla running a train through everyone and the Art production was fantastic.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 4, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Just saw this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/5wgnxj/thats_21_takumis/

Twenty
One

Takumis

The choice quote

"This means he has spent $32142.86 assuming he's extremely lucky/got all of his takumis on double chance banner (the 20k per 7 takumi assumption) or $64285.71 in the general chance case (40k per 7 takumi)."

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

sassassin posted:

People are hacking rolls by changing the character after its revealed. The server accepts the new information without issue.

This sounds like some "my uncle works at nintendo" non-sense. Given DeNA is a super experience mobage dev I somehow doubt they let Gacha be decided client side.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

cheetah7071 posted:

People are definitely able to hack enemies on their teams. There's videos of people transforming their lovely level 1 3-stars into 5-star Xanders

That's client side while you're in a map. That's completely doable and happens in lot of games. The only thing the server cares about in the end is that you cleared the map or not with whatever XP you earned. When you leave the map you don't keep those units.

The screenshot is from a player running into it in Arena, so it's data being pulled server side, which is a completely different beast.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

sassassin posted:

You can change the draw and change the + value on characters (and then send them home for millions of feathers).

No one spent $60k on Takumis.

[citations needed]

Meanwhile we have people like this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCpVSRTEXqk

:eyepop:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

ChronoReverse posted:

So it's looking like I was wrong and the server may really be accepting client-side information. Seems absolutely ridiculous to me but incompetence knows no bounds.

Is there any details on this (just out of sheer curiosity sounds incredible) cause a mobage trusting client-side data on anything beyond DID YOU BEAT LEVEL??? seems hilarious level of stupid.

Having hard time wrapping my head around how that could even remotely be possible lmao

Edit:

So apparently (just hearsay so far), Waifus are stored Client-side and only Orbs are server-side. Meaning there is potential to just memory-edit your box and it gets accepted by the server because that data is assumed to be held client-side. Using this assumption, this probably means that feathers are also stored client-side and accepted by the servers as well.

If any of it is true (still really hard to think Nintendo could be this dumb) godddammmnnnnnnnn

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 28, 2017

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

jokes posted:

Wait, do people actually spend $40,000 on these mobile games? I imagined a whale would spend like maybe $1000.

They do yes, I think some people are well above the 100k mark for PAD and FFBE at this point.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
So I think this is pretty definitive proof (if the screenshot is real) that the servers are accepting edited Client-side data as legitimate

http://imgur.com/a/M8uSM

a guy is running into a lvl 40 Xander in Arena lmao.

Welp. Nintendo don goofed real bad.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

AlphaKretin posted:

They just updated their TOS, I had to accept one to play today. I didn't read it, natch, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a response to the hacking.

And lol at people demanding perfect, clear evidence that anyone would ever dare cheat at a mobile game.

It's moreso people wanted proof because if real it speaks volumes on how incompetent Nintendo is.

Hex-editing clientside data to cheat in mobile games has been around since rooted phones, but no one with two braincells would setup a system where the server trusts clientside data over the server data.

Like Nintendo has literally been defeated by a Gameshark Engine in TYOOL 2017. How sad is that.