Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

KnoxZone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEjf8VgCtC8

Mkv doing all of Squad Assault with just free 3* units.

Really wish I had known about this dude a while ago. I've missed out on quite a bit of stuff thinking I needed 5* dudes to even try these events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Tried subbing Sonya for Ursula and it doesn't work for me because my Sonya is -Spd :negative:

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Tried subbing Sonya for Ursula and it doesn't work for me because my Sonya is -Spd :negative:

Woohoo! Did it with Shinji117's strat and some fiddling with skill slots to work with my Sonya. Seal Speed 1 dropped Berkut's speed enough to double him on the second attack and kill him with special proc. Ran into a problem then with needing two attacks to bring down the archer, so the axe cav would crush Sonya next turn. Olivia could block but axe cav would special on the second hit, killing Olivia. It hit me on my drive home that axe breaker would let her take only one hit, so now for the first time I've got all 3 units from the GHB instead of just the 3*.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Finally pulled a focus (Mathilda) off of Alm's banner, so probably gonna start saving up orbs for whatever inevitable fall holiday costumes banner pops up.

Was gonna ask if/when repeats of grand hero battles might start popping up but it looks like Lloyd will be up again with an infernal difficulty added in. I've missed quite a few of these so hopefully we'll see more repeats every once in a while.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

They ought to come up with a second use for badges, they accumulate way faster than you can get feathers to use them.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Whatever sacred coins are for I'll never have. Also, drat that swimsuit banner for having another flying tome user, rarities like that suck me in to drawing. Presumably they'll have the remainder of the "Deft" weapons and valor skills.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Streams over, what was your favorite announcement? Mine was the free summon.

Tempest trial changes are big for me. Bonus units get bonus stats and bonus points for the first 2 runs will probably get me to the first seal or possibly the 5* hero next time.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Well, gave in to pulling on the second summer banner and got a neutral IV SCorrin on just two blues. That should calm my spending impulse until the next cute costume banner.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Here's a dude that went through a bunch of examples of the Cancel Affinity interaction:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFe_knkadRU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

I think all the good stuff starts with the hero fest banner, so the 10th?

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Looking at those top scoring player's builds are crazy, I'm just hoping to get in that lowest bracket. Hopefully whatever coins are spent on doesn't cost more than a months worth. I guess the strat is to farm items with low level groups and eventually go big?

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Yeah, Xander will be great as soon as they repeat his GHB. :(

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

ungulateman posted:

getting 2,000 points each on my first two runs of the day makes tempest trials much cooler, and more good

The triple points bonus is very cool and good. Same for the bonus unit stats, base 4* Berkut tanks everything pretty well. I'll manage to hit all the seals just running one bar of stamina on hard 5s each day.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Just putting out my guess for the function of sacred coins with the first arena assault reaching the end: I think they'll be for upgrading seals. I find the enumeration of the squad ace seals is a little suspicious.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Tae posted:

Upgrading the trio is worth both for easy arena bonus units and for GHB missions. And random missions that involve them.

And they have cool weapon names! I use the trio for almost everything.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Guidance is the new thing I'm going to get surprised by all the time now. Everybody is going to do a magic positioning dance around her then I'll get one punched.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Edit: I don't even know if this is a fire emblem character, it was just one of the first stupid results on deviant art.

Spectral Werewolf fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 19, 2017

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

The big question: is the free pick neutral or random IV?

Pretty much must pick Lyn though.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Yashichi posted:

I don't like having five Narcians, but he's non-renewable so I can't bear to part with any of them.

I feel I can let one go because I can only ever fit 4 on a team, right?

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

I click the arena icon 50 extra times a day thinking I have feathers to collect because of that feather icon.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Pulled a +Def/-Spd BIke and that doesn't feel like a bad IV, seems like he can almost benefit from getting doubled with Steady Breath and the cooldown accel from his weapon. Been grinding him through the towers and it's amazing to see his special go off 3 times in a round.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

So, I feel like now I need to set up buddies for all my dudes, is this pretty much the case?

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Yeah, you need 4 surviving units. I just did a solo Bike on 7th stratum for the daily and got nothing.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, still don't have Lyn, but I just got Ike and Roy in the same pull! Not bad.

...Except that they're both minus attack, I mean. Ah well.

Same happened to me, I pulled a couple rounds on the trial banner to try for a 40% bonus unit and got Lyn, minus attack of course. At least I pulled my first Athena with her for a sword XP mom, also minus attack :[

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Are the brave characters going into the collective drawing pool after this, or are they like the seasonal characters? Haven't seen mention of this.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

I don't read any text that doesn't talk about free orbs :colbert:

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

I love it when you guys post "This was easy, just use [top-tier team]"

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

I've been slowly expanding my barracks by spending the Saturday daily quest orb to open slots. I feel like I have a lot of good food units but not enough dudes worth eating them. Sitting on 6 Hinata and 6 Lon'qu takes up a lot of space.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Wow 7 dancers for my 7 arena assault teams just what I always wanted

I just want a second dancer period, Ninian and Azura keep hiding from me.

FEH twitter says important October patch data incoming tonight, hopefully those sacred coins use is discovered.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Pulled Azura (+res/-spd) and Inigo (+spd/-res) in my first 50ish, dumped another 50ish trying for Oliva but no luck. I'll probably save up through October and flush the rest of those trying for Olivia on the last day. I just kinda like the idea of having a colorless options for a dancer. I suppose I'll be dissapponted if there's a halloween banner coming up after this.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

If anyone hasn't tried it yet, that fast leveling on the warriors maps is incredible. I only wish I had more weapon valor skills cause watching my axe dudes get all those +12s with the weekend bonus is great.

E: just to expose it again:

quote:

Lv.1 - Lv.11 -> Part 1 (Normal)
Lv.11 - Lv.19 -> Part 4 (Normal)
Lv.19 - Lv.24 -> Part 5 (Normal)
Lv.24 - Lv.30 -> Part 2 (Hard)
Lv.30 - Lv.36 -> Part 5 (Hard)
Lv.36 - Lv.39 -> Part 1 (Lunatic)
Lv.39 - Lv.40 -> Part 5 (Hard) and earning SP as well

With about 60 stamina, you'll bring one level 1 hero to level 40

Also seemed better to me to just grind through part 5 hard all the way to 40 if you have the stamina and want to farm sp anyway.

Spectral Werewolf fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 30, 2017

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

is anybody else hard crashing when they try to do arena assault

The Japanese twitter says they're experiencing problems with it right now.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

SgtSteel91 posted:

What's a good special to give Performer Azura?

Going to piggyback on this question and ask more generally, is there a quick formula for how to pick the best special based on character stats? For example when do I pick glimmer vs bonfire?

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

3* melee units can even make it through that map with some careful positioning for buffs and a healer. It's a good time to pump up all those free units the YouTube guides use.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

golden bubble posted:

Some of the sacred seals forge costs leaked. Creating a Lv1 seal costs 100 badges/20 great badges/20 sacred coins. Leveling up a seal to Lv 2 costs 200 badges/60 great badges/50 sacred coins. I don't know how much the level 3 upgrade cost, but I suspect it's 300 badges/100 great badges/80 sacred coins. So you'll need 600 badges + 180 great badges + 150 sacred coins minimum to get a level 3 Urvan-like seal. That's one way to make badges useful, I guess.

Guess I can make a good seal about every 3 months, probably longer if AA popularity shoots up and it's harder to get a moderate ranking.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

The man called M posted:

Is anybody else not getting the ios update?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

I'm also on board with Distant D upgrade first. Thinking hone something might work out fine for a second, but there's plenty of time to wait and see. New seals from quests and TT going to show up eventually.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

App Store update is available now. Yay.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Shinji117 posted:

Edit: also, is it just me or does it look like upgrading Hardy Bearing to 2 does nothing?

Yeah, rank 2 has the same text, maybe a typo, but rank 3 is different (always works) so I guess it just needs 2 upgrades to actually be an upgrade.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Promote Berkut, but use him on a team.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

BlackPersona posted:

who the gently caress thought arden was a better reward than ayra for a tempest trial unit

There aren't enough red armors to choose from obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

I'll probably have to just hope for an Arya later when I'm fishing for more reds. I got lucky with a B!Roy (-Def/+Res; it's not -Spd/Atk so I'm glad) with what I spent but I still want to save for more potential dancer banner pulls. She's got such a good base kit though.

cheetah7071 posted:

yeah but she's really pretty