Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I really hope this will turn out more like Strikeback: The Game and less like Generic Millitary Shooter: Bolivia edition. :ohdear:
I hope it doesn't turn into generic Ubisoft-style "roll 4d20 to determine the technical issues the game presents".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI1t_UrYVZU

Definitely sounds like it's not going to be for everyone, especially if you want a really realistic shooter and a graphical powerhouse, but I'm pretty much on the same page as this guy.

MGS5 meets Far Cry sounds like a good time!

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Hard posted:

:love:

You mean the same NDA police that works for Ubi and gave you the codes for you and your buddy ? You were more than happy to comply on the NDA back then.

I assume whatever happened in the tech tests is still under NDA unless theres an offical page mentioning that you guys can talk about whatever you want.

Are you moving over to Wildlands from Siege?

EDIT: also, please unfix the raptor legs fix

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

Are you moving over to Wildlands from Siege?

EDIT: also, please unfix the raptor legs fix

Nah, Siege for life. Wildlands is not even developed in the same studio.

Also no, goodbye sweet raptor legs.

Noun Verber posted:

Literally any youtube personality (Bigfry's probably the most high profile) that said anything negative got their broadcast rights revoked, same as what's happening with Escape From Tarkov. If devs are more interested in punishing critics after they explicitly asked for criticism than they are in actually fixing the issues it's a pretty bad sign.

I haven't really followed the community on this game but imho when it comes to NDA you should either open the flood gate or completely shut down everything. No gray area in order to avoid those kind of situations but what the gently caress do i know about marketing. :shrug:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I bet the collectibles are going to be sick

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
So are they doing the whole "preorder for beta access thing?". Cause come on man. I'm amped about this game but dont be that way ubisoft.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Talkc posted:

So are they doing the whole "preorder for beta access thing?". Cause come on man. I'm amped about this game but dont be that way ubisoft.

Don't know where you're seeing that but just go to the website and register

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

Wandle Cax posted:

Don't know where you're seeing that but just go to the website and register

Oh i registered for beta forever ago. Just saw that their preorders are now including the tagline "Preorder for guaranteed access to beta".

And stoked as i MIGHT be for the game i know better than to preorder games in the year 2017.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

12-hr impressions from Skill Up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI1t_UrYVZU

tl;dr: janky, but fun. big open world, lots of completionist grindy bits and fun with friends. looks a bit rough and has a teenager-level story

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Ghost Recon: The Phantom Division's Creed in the Wildands

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-01-25-looking-for-ghost-recon-in-the-wildlands

Sounds like this is going to be a pretty meh singleplayer game that will either live or die by its co-op.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Our group was basically sold on the coop in this game. That was their whole E3 with this game too.

I like everything ive seen in that aspect. Single player looks janky with the AI control wheel.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

French stream of the beta from a few hours ago.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
When are they going to inform people about the Beta? The Beta is supposed to be this weekend, right?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Invites should be going out over the course of the next couple of days and then the beta runs from the 3rd until the 6th.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

If I dont't get a beta invite I'll...I'll cancel my preorder! Take that ubisoft!

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

I'm borderline disappointed with Ubi that they haven't sent out Beta invites yet and that they're doing the Beta weekend in conjunction with a Rainbow Six Siege free weekend.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

According to the twitter the keys are going out tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/GhostReconInfo/status/826457788960407552

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
You might just simply get the beta added to your ubi account on the launcher, that is what I had happen with the for honor beta thingy.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

wjs5 posted:

You might just simply get the beta added to your ubi account on the launcher, that is what I had happen with the for honor beta thingy.

I hate uPlay so much. I can't fathom why Ubisoft and EA are in a race to the bottom with their social platforms. Steam is the blueprint for how to do this well - how are you failing to be good at it?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Origin is actually pretty decent these days. It's really good, support is fantastic, responsive, and you'll usually get a 15% coupon or a straight up refund outta it. And they were the first, before steam even, to do refunds in the first place.

Uplay is pretty underwhelming though.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Surprised to see a gamespot video, of all things, call out flaws in the game. Dialogue is very cringe worthy. Looks average at best overall but the gun customization looks great and I'm a sucker for anything co-op

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ostentatious posted:

I bet the collectibles are going to be sick

the collectibles are useful this time, being either new weapons, weapon mods or target intel like media fluff pieces on cartel bigs.

Also, coop was fun and assaulting a large base or enemy-filled shithole town as a two man fireteam rolling full stealth only for poo poo to go south and turn into a Torgue commercial is the tits. AI companions despawned when I cooped with a fellow goon though.

ipodposting sucks

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Feb 1, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Origin is actually pretty decent these days. It's really good, support is fantastic, responsive, and you'll usually get a 15% coupon or a straight up refund outta it. And they were the first, before steam even, to do refunds in the first place.

Uplay is pretty underwhelming though.
They are both usable, not more or less. Origin can't make overlay work reliably in their own flagship products, and loads up enough CPU that closing the Origin window is the only thing I can do on my computer to make Battlefield 1 playable.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Anyone snag one of those french beta keys this morning? My time conversion was wrong so I woke up an hour late. :(

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The codes were all gone literally within 10 minutes of the giveaway happening. :doh:

loving bots, man.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Wouldn't they only be helpful to the extent that you missed out on getting a key directly from Ubi? How would we know if we didn't get a key?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Just received an email from Ubisoft with the beta invitation. Signed up a few days earlier. :smug:

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Just received an email from Ubisoft with the beta invitation. Signed up a few days earlier. :smug:

You got any of those friend codes? I have PMs.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Got my code too, downloading it now... Which, given the fact that it is 22 GB, it might not be done by the time that the beta starts. :ohdear:

The website won't let me invite any friends yet though.

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017
I got a code off that french release but it doesn't seem to work. Do you redeem it on the PSN Store under redeem codes (via the website)? Comes up as invalid.

Tried it on my US and UK accounts and no dice.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
darn, didn't get a key either. Ah well.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

For those of you with keys, are you in the US? I know Canada's been getting keys.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Apparently people with keys can invite 3 other people. If anyone here gets a key for the PC version I would love an invite and will play with you! My uplay is TescoBag

TescoBag fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 1, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

For those of you with keys, are you in the US? I know Canada's been getting keys.

A lot of EU friends on my list have received keys.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Hoping I get accepted to the beta. Will be sure to spread the love and give away invites here. For anyone who ends up with an invite, I'd appreciate having one thrown my way (I'm UK based)

My UPlay is Q8ee

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

littlejoey posted:

I got a code off that french release but it doesn't seem to work. Do you redeem it on the PSN Store under redeem codes (via the website)? Comes up as invalid.

Tried it on my US and UK accounts and no dice.

I think you need to go through ubisoft's site: http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-GB/beta-redeem/index.aspx . You'll get the option to select your platform there.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Uplay: Randwandler

3 Invites left, if people still need.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

Randler posted:

Uplay: Randwandler

3 Invites left, if people still need.

Added <3