Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm playing through FFT:A2 right now, and loving it. it makes me wish they'd make a new one for the PS4, but it doesn't seem likely at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish, I loved FFTA1/2. I wish more people in general made SRPGs

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I wish, I loved FFTA1/2. I wish more people in general made SRPGs

it's the right balance between depth and insane grindy poo poo, imo. every disgaea game i've ever tried to play has been way too much on the grindy poo poo side. but yeah, SRPGS are my favorite kind of party based rpg, but not many people make them for whatever reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah disgaea holds no interest for me and the other option is Fire Emblem (which I love) but those games are much more rigid when it comes to customizing your party. A new Tactics style game would be welcome.

I know there's a SMT theme srpg that seems cool, I should play that at some point

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don't know, OP.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Original FFT was my favorite game of all time ever but as I'm forever being trolled by the world there won't be anything like it ever again. Good bye.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried to play the original a year or two ago and it was too slow for me :/

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
What's the tea on FFTA2? Does it have any wack stuff like the "law" system in the gameboy advance one? I was thinking about it recently i kinda want to try emuolating it or something, if its good...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Skylark posted:

What's the tea on FFTA2? Does it have any wack stuff like the "law" system in the gameboy advance one? I was thinking about it recently i kinda want to try emuolating it or something, if its good...

I liked it better than advance even if most people don't. The law system is back but its slightly less punishing (only prevents you from getting post fight bonuses and reviving team members if they are ko'd). There are two new races and a lot of new classes.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Plutonis posted:

There are two new races and a lot of new classes.

Ah... Perhaps this thread should be moved to The Great Race Space subforum methinks?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Skylark posted:

Ah... Perhaps this thread should be moved to The Great Race Space subforum methinks?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I can't wait for the new free to play FFT game for Android and iOS

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skylark posted:

the law system is a lot better, and instead of the land placement system where you have to follow a guide to get all of the potential skills for a class, there's something called the bazaar, where you trade items you buy to unlock class specific stuff in the store. there's also an auction house where you buy the craft items, but it's easy to beat the AI at the auction game (which is pretty fun, besides).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Kingdom Hearts Tactics

edit: or DQ Tactics would be cool. with a lot of monster classes

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

goferchan posted:

Kingdom Hearts Tactics

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i couldn't get into ffta-1 at all, but i liked ffta-2 a lot. cheers.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i pretty much 100%'d FFTA. i loved it, when i played it many years ago

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ffta2 is deffo better than 1, but they're both good. i appreciate fft for a lot of things too but it's not my bag really. very pretty though

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
square enix please put every psx era game on steam kthx

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dongslayer. posted:

square enix please put every psx era game on steam kthx

they ported FFT to android and it killed my phone's battery, made it heat up like 10 degrees, and crashed every 3 hours of playtime.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I love the original fft. please play the psp version if any of you play it. ive never played the original but i heard it had a bad translation

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
Yasumi Matsuno, the main driving force behind tactics doesn't work at square anymore so the likely hood of a new game is pretty much nil.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

Yasumi Matsuno, the main driving force behind tactics doesn't work at square anymore so the likely hood of a new game is pretty much nil.

aah, i see

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

I donated to the kickstarter he was working on and got scammed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

Also he did that Kickstarter for a new Tactics-style game that's gone back on all their promises lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

this is gonna be the new Tactics game

https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/status/824633005842984962

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Skylark posted:

if you liked FFTA1 it's more of that but also a lot better and the plot is less serious

instead of "we have to destroy this illusion world to go home" it's "I have to go on adventures to fill out this book to go home"

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The original tactics had some pretty good mods, there was one that made the game freakin impossible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's also the one that has Snake, Link and other heroes on a huge universe spanning adventure

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

There's also the one that has Snake, Link and other heroes on a huge universe spanning adventure

It's called Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's called Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

strategy rpgs have never really been quite my jam, but I still like them. i had FFTA back in the day and played it a lot. really liked fire emblem as well. i have FFT on my Vita but have still to start playing it. everybody, get a Vita if you wanna play these PSX games.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

In Training posted:

In a similar vein, here's a fanfiction where Animal Collective warps to the Fire Emblem universe and a Fire Emblem character tops PAnda Bear. http://narutodude69.deviantart.com/art/Pandamonium-part-1-116578867

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skylark posted:

In a similar vein, here's a fanfiction where Animal Collective warps to the Fire Emblem universe and a Fire Emblem character tops PAnda Bear. http://narutodude69.deviantart.com/art/Pandamonium-part-1-116578867

Oh my God

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skylark posted:

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Skylark posted:

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Around sixty nine minutes into the flight,

• Locked thread