Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

666 posted:

you sadbrain addled baby killers run the only sane current events thread on this godforsaken internet. hail ss-18 satan.

This is why I browse GiP regularly, I've posted my thanks before in N4I's stepping down thread but the CI thread is seriously super good.

imo one of the reasons it's so good is that it's much easier to keep up with than anything in DnD or C-SPAM because it only gets so many posts per day (although there's obviously been way more lately). With DnD and C-SPAM there's a much lower interesting content/words ratio and the CI thread gets just enough posts to keep up with the most interesting/important news stories as they happen. Some of the attitudes in the other forums are also pretty bad but I think this is way more important than that. I honestly think if too many people started posting in that thread regularly it might lose that particular quality that makes it readable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
After lurking for a year today is the day I learned for sure whether E1 or E6 was the higher rank.

• Locked thread