Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Guess I should post ITT...

Also here for the least retarded CE thread and the idiots thread.

Got tons of mildudes on both sides of my family, my paternal grandfather was a badass seabee in the South Pacific during WWII. I talked a bit about him in the old drunk thread and sometime soon I'm gonna make a thread about what I've been able to put together from his time in the poo poo. Hopefully you guys could help fill in some blanks. My dad was a maintainer in the AF from 1960 - 68 (thuds, buffs, phantoms) but the limit of his excitement consisted of picking up radioactive debris from the Palomares broken arrow incident and catching malaria while on the Coral Sea. Like, actually on the boat, never set foot on Vietnamese soil lol.

I tried to join the AF after high school to work on A-10s. That was in 1992 when hogs were still based at Myrtle Beach AFB. That was also in the middle of the massive drawdown post Desert Storm and the recruiter told me straight up he had nothing to offer besides cook or MP. So I went to community college, promptly flunked out, then discovered the rave scene with all the fantastic drugs and loose women contained therein. Wound up working at the record store and DJing for years before I had to get an adult job.

Still think I made the right decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Godholio posted:

You had an excellent recruiter.

Yeah I did. He went to the same church as my family so he kept the bullshit to a minimum. Also I knew at age 13 I wouldn't be flying A-10s because I'm way too tall.

• Locked thread