Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I'm not opposed to direct commissioning. It'd be just like medical. No one gives a poo poo about doc outside of his office. No one will give a poo poo about nerd colonel outside of his office.

It's not like they are asking direct commission folks to lead SF teams on daring raids in the congo or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
No one gave much of a poo poo if I just wore the 3 I picked up from basic but god help you if you don't have the 27 pieces of flair specific to your unit.

No you can't get any from supply we haven't got any money for that but hey private have you seen the 3 new plasma TVs in the conference room that you will never be in?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

soy posted:

I read this subforum cause I always wanted to do something military related but I am now 34 and I don't want to give up making lots of money as an engineer but uhhh who knows.

Jerk off in the most disgusting porter shitter you can find, paint a giant rock a random color for no reason then smash your knees with a hammer and bam, you got 15 years of military experience and you don't have to quit your job, just go to the emergency room afterwards.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

soy posted:

I heard they're thinking of bringing back the ww2 outfits

I could be convinced to join reserves just to get to wear one of those around

As a 34 year old with no degree but like 10+ years of computar work experience, is there any non dumb way I can serve where I get to dress up?

Really just go the stolen valor route. You might even get some free starbucks.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Bought a brand new phone when i got to Korea. It was off at least half the time.

• Locked thread