Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Reveal you'reselves foul creatures :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Also the "or else" part of the thread title has no mod backing so nothing will happen, but I bet I got you to click on this thread
owned

:eyepop:

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 26, 2017

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

A/S/L?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Pinbacker posted:

I love the army, I miss it and want to go back, also everybody should join

mods

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Dude McAwesome posted:

hello friends, sometimes i post and sometimes i lurk

i've been out for 3.5 years and it's the best :)

Please change your avatar god drat

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Was shim a previous username or something?

It's an acronym
Stupid
Homo
Idiot
Motard

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH Is my primary account but I don't wanna pay $10 to reactivate it. Original username is Shimazu and that acronym about a homo motard hurts deep down. :(

I am sorry. Let's hug and kiss

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

TBeats posted:

Ummmm there's something very very wrong with your post.

It's "pri'te," not private, you dummy.

Pri'te
Sarnt
Massersarnt
El tee
Capn

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I started this thread for lurkers and hell, I hope they keep comin

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Bumpin this mofo cause I see a lot of people not posting for some reason

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Bump

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

please be nice to the lurkers :(

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

soy posted:

I read this subforum cause I always wanted to do something military related but I am now 34 and I don't want to give up making lots of money as an engineer but uhhh who knows.

E N L I S T W I T H A D E G R E E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Army has different things in different barracks. It seems to be whatever companies are housed in it must agree to make rotations. When I was in a big company, it was split by rooms to sweep/mop the floors. It was a newer barracks, so soldiers were responsible for their own shitters. There were 14 rooms on each side of the main staircase, one room each day for two weeks.

In a smaller company, we only took up about 100 feet of a hallway on one floor. New building, we took care of our areas, and being higher traffic areas but smaller, we never bitched. Rotated one room (two troops) a week.

In the Korean war era barracks on Campbell, it was pretty much decided by paper, rock, scissors, but there were only a dozen of us in the barracks. Top heavy units don't care as much about what kind of squallor the junior enlisted live in. Didn't even have a CQ desk. They were lovely block asbestos buildings in line for a wrecking ball anyhow. Even then, we would've bitched to someone else if it was beyond simple repair. Half our urinals were controlled by a screwdriver left on top of one of them. I would just poo poo at work, because that's the perfect sham.

lol I remember those, they were spooky

• Locked thread