Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
gip owns and i hope it gets past the republican stereotype it has I mean grover hasn't been a mod in years jeeze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
y'all lurkers should post more though man for real it gets boring its just like a dozen of us it seems like

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
people care about what color a lighter is? lmfao, loving 12 year olds

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh yeah I'd never buy a non bic disposable lighter...i've burnt (:cool:) too many times by that mistake!!!!!!!!!!! OK back to lurkers see you in the dfac

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
zippos own too but aren't disposable lighters :)

edit: and the moment you lose it or its stolen you're out 20 bucks lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

MurderBot posted:

Oh, non bic disposable ........ im drinking because *reasons*.

brother i can't fault anyone for drinking while their country is collapsing

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
join in if you like reading it!

edit: I see what you're saying about more people ruining it or whatever I'm sorry I just want more posters :(

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
http://www.stripes.com/news/army-looking-at-direct-commissions-for-civilian-cybersecurity-experts-1.453101

Story originates on Stars & Stripes and I don't think they're one for jokes

lotta officers gonna flip lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

guns for tits posted:

Huh. I'm just a civilian but it seems to me like it might be a bad idea.

Direct commissions are a thing for other jobs, like Doctors, Lawyers and such. I don't think any of them commission at Colonel which seems crazy as hell to me.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
be a COL dude please and just roleplay Trautmann from Rambo that's what I'd do

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
gonna go crazy here and say the term "adulting" is dumb AF

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
because I like having a variety of parachutes

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
y'all retarded as gently caress if you think I'm HCT

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
god drat it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Hi!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
went to a portajohn in iraq once with really elaborate depections on how you could gently caress you poncho liner and I'm 100% convinced it was my 1SG at the time who did it. He owned and had burnt in on a jump and ended up being 1SG for our BDE HHC company and didn't give a fuuuuuuck

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
thats about it I mean I didn't exactly take notes on a waterproof notepad from clothing and sales and preserve it for 10+ years or anything

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I know da share zone but

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it would be kind of funny to organize GIP based on paygrades and see how it shook out, greenmeat would be top of enlisted

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
no

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Hey dude if you want you can come chat on the games discord. we're all mostly drunk and not mental health experts or anything, but it can help to chit chat

https://discord.gg/uzUYBn

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Semper fi devil dawg

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

tastefully arranged labia posted:

please do it for our entertainment

it would be a significant bump to our actually still enlisted posters numbers

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
excel

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

MurderBot posted:

I can't speak for public affairs. One of the women I was contracting with was dead set on being a public affairs officer. I'm not sure how much that segways into a good civilian career.

The benefits with going air contract is that you're guaranteed a flight position. If you sign as a ground contract *which you would if you wanted to go public affairs/most anything else* and you are a lovely officer at TBS *advanced school for marine officers* you could be relegated to the needs of the corps and get your bottom choices..... That usually means something like logistics officer, which I'm sure has a decent pathway into the civilian world but i'm just speculating at this point.

Air=100% chance of going to pilot school, granted you don't get a DUI/murder a hooker during your weekends off in OCS or at TBS.

segway

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
you're going to be old to enlist in any branch AFAIK unless another war pops off here soon, sorry dude

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
please be nice to the lurkers :(

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
It might even be worth just looking on USAjobs.com for a civilian contractor job tbh, then at least you wont have to deal with as much poo poo and you can still escape the private side of things

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Godholio posted:

USAjobs is gov't, not contractor. Good luck getting a contract position that pays without being a vet/having a clearance already.

sorry for the accidental word choice thank you for the correction ;) we were just talking about this too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Zeris posted:

Hey if you want job security and you're colorblind & pot bellied, you should become a cop. They don't even mind if you're easily frightened.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread