Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

y'all lurkers should post more though man for real it gets boring its just like a dozen of us it seems like

For real I know our current events thread is ~award winning~ but pls sit down have a free sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Dude McAwesome posted:

i have a pony avatar because in auspol i talked about how retarded the military is and how retarded army mans are, where does this fall on your spectrum of avatars?

Yo don't post here with that av

Something could happen

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

*awkward bow with bong in hand*

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

bump

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Looks like I'm unbanning and renaming an account.

Zeris- can you save me $10 and get my old account unbanned? :ohdear:

I shall try

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I was high and edited KFF's post instead of quoting it. Sorry.

Working as intended.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

There's, like, a thread for this

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Arc Light posted:

Nothing I say in this post is a joke.

If you join, enlist in the Air Force Reserve or Air National Guard and become a Services troop. AFSC 3M0X1. Get your citizenship while you're still in basic training. Hand out towels in the gym or cook mediocre omelettes at the chow hall. Get paid the exact same as the aircraft maintainer working 16-hour days outdoors. Do it one weekend a month, two weeks a year, for the six years required by your contract, then bounce.

I'm sure the Army and Navy have similar zero-effort jobs, if you don't have an Air Guard/Reserve station nearby.

If you want a job skill more complex than "Would you like a towel, sir/ma'am," then become a sysad or something. But I'm dead serious, the smart choice is to take a job that requires no effort, skill, or education, turn off your mind, and shuffle through your enlistment. The pay is the same as it would be for a job where someone's life is in your hands.

Edit: Whoops. I didn't think that all the way through. In order to be a sysad or network engineer or any of the other comm jobs, you need to be able to get a security clearance. Depending on the level associated with the job, you'd likely be disqualified because citizenship is a prerequisite for advanced clearances. The make-work jobs like Services are still an option, though.

Those Army boat people look pretty happy tho http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-jobs/browse-career-and-job-categories/transportation-and-aviation/watercraft-operator.html

Not to be confused with 88m

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

That dude's hotel is still the shocker of the decade.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I'm pretty sure you're not actually required to wear any of your ribbons, but are expected to regardless.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Woof Blitzer posted:

Pri'te
Sarnt
Massersarnt
El tee
Capn

Die

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Considering what most bachelor's degrees in non-STEM fields are worth these days, enlisting for a cush intel gig with DLI and/or TS is actually a pretty smart.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hey if you want job security and you're colorblind & pot bellied, you should become a cop. They don't even mind if you're easily frightened.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

soy you sound too dumb to be real, can you prove you're married to a woman in the employ of the federal government and/or that you live in the bay area, yet somehow have a legit reason to consider enlisting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Best stopless is the kind they do to make you deploy when you were expecting to become a civilian

• Locked thread