Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Appropriation is America's passive special ability - its just what we do because its literally who we are (hey we learned it from the masters :britain:) :dealwithit:

Mariana Horchata has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Yinlock posted:

this is how the french do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99phlP_e2Rw

:hai:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Can't wait to be stolen by China.

heh China is p much the reason why Buick still exists...in fact they are just now starting to build models their for export to the USA - just wait until DJT hears about this outrage on :foxnews: esp since he has an alliance w/ FCA

:trumppop:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
also rap thrives on appropriation itself via sampling (which is one of the best things about rap imho)

in essence, as long as u dont steal ideas and seriously consider them ur own and be respectful of cultural aspects that may be held sacred by others i think cultural appropriation is more good than bad (although the effects of globalism in the past few decades may be pushing us all closer together on the flipside the interconnectedness and and collective awareness we have developed during this period has certainly raised consciousness w/r/t appropriation and now we are starting to no longer do certain things like use ridiculous ethnic caricatures as sports team mascots (vy goofus) but while at the same time a middle class white family in Iowa decides to try the new Indian place in town for dinner instead of Chilis and end up loving it (this is gallant)

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

eonwe posted:

i like learning and sharing in other people's cultures appropriately and respectfully and have integrated some of these things into my life

fight me

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

how can u be such a square and yet have a PhD in South America??

• Locked thread