Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

HailHorrorHail posted:

White people can't make good food.

They can only take a trip to some other country on their parents money, eat some cultural dish once, then incorrectly think that they can make the same stuff as well, so they come home to start a ramen shop or whatever in some rapidly gentrifying neighborhood, churn out an overpriced disgusting knockoff and ramble about the "artistry" oblivious to the fact that thier implementation is devoid of charm until either they go under or get bored with it and move on to the next thing.

This usually happens in waves of whatever the fad of the time is, so any attempt by actual people of said culture to serve the same thing is either blocked out cause there's already 80 white hipster joints catering to specific time sensitive taste of urbanites or left to scrap for the leftover business after the fad dies out.

I can see why people would be sensitive of any cultural artifacts catching the eye of white people.

The French are predominantly white.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

"Hey, as a person who belongs to the dominant culture, you really should do a solid and learn some stuff about the culture that created the things you enjoy."

"OH MY GOD, CAN I NOT EAT A CHALUPA IN PEACE!??!?!"

So that's what taco bells are like in socal...

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I dont think anyone cares about people not learning the deep and storied history of foreign cuisine. but, I think we can all agree that it would be remarkably stupid for someone to say guy fieri is the authority on authentic texmex

e: except this guy ^^^^

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

As a gay I give every guy permission to wear extremely tight pants, fishnets, and leather. Thanks

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The history of rock and roll and how it stampeded over black people is really interesting, and it would be really interesting if you posted about it instead of melting down in a cspam thread

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Squalid posted:

I remember some guy posting in ask/tell about how sick and tired he was of straights overwhelming the leather scene and loving up their events and he might of even used the term cultural appropriation. Sorry sickos, your extremely weird sex expos are now main stream so get used to the fact suburban moms are going to come with their kids and complain about the loud music

They can appropriate having sex with men too if they want to show up to gay events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

imagine being so white that getting dressed up in assless chaps and whipped while u jerk of is an inherent part of your cultural identity like lmao

Dude..... dude. thats good, actually.

• Locked thread