Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

The interest, is what is being referenced. If you want Indian curry for lunch, try actually going to the Indian place for it and if you are approached by an Indian person later, try not to zone out when they start talking about their culture because what you ate is an important parcel of that culture.

Put simply: show interest in the people who produce the things you like, since after all, they are people too.

thanx 4 this next time I go out to eat "ethnic" food I'll patronizingly badger the below minimum wage wait staff by insisting they explain their rich culture to me because clearly any brown person serving you chicken tikka just got off the flying carpet from the motherland yesterday and they're not just some guy who grew up in Jersey and is trying to avoid showing irritation at the patronizing yet self-loathing bourgey white liberal because he doesn't want to get shorted on the tip you dumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread