Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

HailHorrorHail posted:

Probably why people are so against the idea of cultural appropriation being harmful is because in today's day and age, everything is a commodity to be consumed without worry and it's unfathomable that there would be something that they shouldn't partake in no matter what. Whenever you tell something someone isn't for them, their kneejerk reaction is to double down like an rear end in a top hat.

There is an American football team with a racial slur as a name that uses iconography of a people that has been almost genocided and is repeatedly asked to stop. Ironically the excuse "it's our tradition!" is thrown around to justify continuing misappropriation. Sports mascots are more important than real people, I guess.

Also lol "safe spaces are bad because they're too insulated" like the real problem support groups for sexual abuse victims have is the tyrants excluding people that don't have experience with the issue.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news on this particular topic but

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...m=.1b475dbce1d8

There's about the same percentage of native americans mad about the Redskins name/emblem as there are people who think that earth is flat or that trump==hitler. We call that the magical caremad ratio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

The Kingfish posted:

I love that survey so much

Native Americans clearly need the help of D&D to know by what they should be offended.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

Yes, the Washington Post only publishes the best polls, big league! These are the most luxurious polls, you've got to see 'em, simply the best.

Do you have a specific objection to the methodology or conclusion of the poll, which, by the way, resulted in the same percentages as the same poll taken 10 years earlier? Or do you just not like that the poll is revealing an inconvenient truth? If the Washington Post is no longer considered reliable by libs, you might just be far enough outside the Overton window to be completely irrelevant (you are)

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

HailHorrorHail posted:

Recent events have shown that polls should be ignored bigly.

Also a quick Google search comes up with objections on the methodology used.

You're just *so sure* that Native Americans are deeply offended by the Redskins name/emblem that you're just going to ignore all evidence to the contrary. Isn't it weird that it's always white middle aged women taking up the cause rather than actual Native Americans? It's almost like they're missing out on all the blue hair problem glasses tumblrina stuff so they have to make up something more age appropriate in which to engage

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm gonna steal your trust fund bitch

I have a healthy 401k, but no trust fund. Aren't those usually for the people wearing che tshirts to the LGBTQIA+ rally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

get that OUT of my face posted:

the washington post is cowed by Dan Snyder into only publishing pro-Redskins stuff in exchange for team access, so i wouldn't take that poll seriously

there's no conspiracy too deep, is there? If Dan Snyder were only half as good at running a football team as he is crafting 12 dimensional media manipulation conspiracies, they wouldn't even have to play the super bowl

• Locked thread