Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
me reading this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
no

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
is being super quick to express how you are not culiturally insensitive a white person thing or

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
everything can only be either insanely good or insanely bad

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Dzhay posted:

I find this thing confusing, and it makes me wonder whether I've misunderstood the broad objectives of what're generally called "progressives" now or if I'm just not American enough to get it.

The whole idea of "cultural appropriation" seems to be supporting the notion that people come in distinct tribes and that those tribes a) can own ideas and b) are really super important.

Isn't getting rid of that sort of thing what we're meant to be aiming for?

cool yeah *puts on headdress*

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
equality doesnt mean culturally homogenous holy poo poo

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Dzhay posted:

No, but it means that "cultural inhomogeneity" shouldn't be in any way enforced.

it's not and i have no idea what you are talking about

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
i liked it

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

this, but ironically
humor is in short supply at this point in the thread, as the recent posters, besides Al of course, seem to find the concept of humor puzzling

try reading all identity politics rants in a batman voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I honestly have no idea why you or I should care about the guy, so I was wondering he did to "trigger" you.

ah tough postin, let me feel the muscles in your postin hands

• Locked thread