Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

zen death robot posted:

Got my master sword fully upgraded :twisted:

What does this mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive been watching yt vids and its making me excited to try it actually..mastermode is perfect for someone who's already played through the game and knows how to reliably find powerful items and fight tougher stuff, sell the right things for early money etc. ill pick it up along with spla2oon once thats out.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

there are so many different animations just for opening chests

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

60 attk all the time/glowing and no cooldown

thats really OP jesus..i dont like the idea of pretty much throwing away the durability system for an infinite strong weapon. is there anything you need to do to enter the trials or do you just need to have the mastersword?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's not like you're forced to use it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The master sword can still "break" but sword beams don't eat durability after the master trials.

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
the trials are accessible anytime. anyone who can beat them early game deserves the powered up master sword

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm gonna wait to do it until I finish the four beasts and beat Ganon.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

still haven't found that last shrine even with heros path. gently caress

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hero's Path was really handy for figuring out which of the samey featureless ruins in Hyrule Field I hadn't been to, for finding all of the dlc gear.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

motherfuckin botw any% run up next on sgdq

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Heck ya.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Im finally started this game and its so much goddamn fun

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

GameCube posted:

motherfuckin botw any% run up next on sgdq

no amiibos or gtfo, imo

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

P-Mack posted:

no amiibos or gtfo, imo
To be fair they just use it to spawn crates they can ride, it's not like they're getting the OP weapons or anything. It probably saves like 20 seconds.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally have a switch. Looking forward to playing this in about 4 months

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I finally have a switch. Looking forward to playing this in about 4 months

spla2oon comes out in 11 days tho..

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

even on the second playthrough this game has a magical kind of feel. the level of detail and care put into this world is stunning.

i love the night music for the towns

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

my morning jackass posted:

even on the second playthrough this game has a magical kind of feel. the level of detail and care put into this world is stunning.

i love the night music for the towns

I sat and listened to the music when Kass returns to Rito Village and plays accordion with his daughters for like three ingame day/night cycles.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm extremely close to giving in and looking up the last shrine location. i want my life back

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I just put the game down for a while and started some other stuff. There's only one BOTW, I'd rather come back to it after a bit than power through when I'm not really feeling it.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've got the shrine sensor turned on tho

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

GameCube posted:

i've got the shrine sensor turned on tho

You want to post a screenshot of your map so we can offer vague and non-specific hints? It would be better than straight up checking an online map or guide.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

GameCube posted:

i'm extremely close to giving in and looking up the last shrine location. i want my life back

if youre literally combing the entire map looking for the one spot you havent been to just look it up man its been weeks

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i looked it up and yep it was a puzzle one tucked away into a corner you'd never have a reason to check (the luminous stone one west of gerudo tower). forgot those didn't beep. it was either look it up or turn my entire loving map green on hero's path

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

zen death robot posted:

60 attk all the time/glowing and no cooldown

Thought there still was a cool down? Instead of 40 hits before losing power its something like 200

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GameCube posted:

i looked it up and yep it was a puzzle one tucked away into a corner you'd never have a reason to check (the luminous stone one west of gerudo tower). forgot those didn't beep. it was either look it up or turn my entire loving map green on hero's path

congrats man

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
im getting a switch and zelda in the mail today, im so excited i called in sick to work yeah thats how hardcore i am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Mods?

• Locked thread