Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

and all Zelda games are 30% off on the eshop. I'm going to go through and play as many of the ones I haven't played before as possible.

I love zelda!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

link between worlds was a really fun ride op

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've played them all OP so I'm just playing through randomized Zelda 1 until BotW comes out. I have so much hype for this game and I know it will deliver.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was going to try and play through all of the games in one of the timelines before BotW but I discovered map games and randomized Zelda 1 so I just won't have time to beat them all before the Switch releases.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to be playing on the wii-u, but still looking forward to this

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i'm going to be playing on the wii-u, but still looking forward to this

The Wii U version is looking fine from what I can tell. We won't really know until release though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Breath of the Wild is going to be the greatest game ever made.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im optimistic but im gonna play wait n see

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

im optimistic but im gonna play wait n see

Same here but largely because I really can't buy many games any more so I'm saving for sure bets (Nier and Persona)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ggot my switch preorder and i got my game preorder, im ready

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

ggot my switch preorder and i got my game preorder, im ready

Same. I have my overpriced pro controller preordered as well.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-aonuma-on-how-elements-were-placed-on-the-map-physic-engine-shenanigans/

I like sound of all of this.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

are there actual dungeons and are there 8 of them also item damage and stuff is a bad idea all around

mysterious loyall X fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 27, 2017

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh no now everyone can see iedited my message fuuu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

oh no now everyone can see iedited my message fuuu

You'll be laughed out of this forum forever now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

are there actual dungeons and are there 8 of them also item damage and stuff is a bad idea all around

apparently there are hundreds of minidungeons and they showed link obtaining a major game changing item out of one, the magnet levitating glove things, in addition to the major "story" dungeons.

like i said im optimistic lol but open world as a genre has a mess of problems no one's been able to solve

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

yeah i saw the mini dungeons i do not want minidungeons sounds like rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah i saw the mini dungeons i do not want minidungeons sounds like rear end

yeah open world problem #1: theres so much content that the butter's spread too thin and every cave and dungeon feels the same. but we'll see. i wanna wait b4 i start judging ninty

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

In Training posted:

Same here but largely because I really can't buy many games any more so I'm saving for sure bets (Nier and Persona)

did your saturn break the bank?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wow such breath so wild.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pewdiepie posted:

Wow such breath so wild.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pewdiepie posted:

Wow such breath so wild.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

yeah open world problem #1: theres so much content that the butter's spread too thin and every cave and dungeon feels the same. but we'll see. i wanna wait b4 i start judging ninty

i hope its good. skyward sword is absolute misery tho even tho it has the most beatufiul princess of all time but maybe they can right the course oof 3d zelda like trmp is rightin gth ecourse of america

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

majora's mask is good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really love majoras mask, and the 3ds game. its in my top 5

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'd love a game that's majora's mask but just the time loop helping a load of people out, and not bothering about the dungeons. Something in the mould of Deadly Premonition but with the loop might work.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i started twilight princess hd because i'm pretty sure if i don't do it before botw i never will. just feels Wrong for there to be a mainline zelda I haven't beat. i guess skyward sword also still exists but I don't think I have the wherewithal for that

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Is Skyward Sword the worst Zelda game?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

tumor looking batty posted:

Is Skyward Sword the worst Zelda game?
Spirit Tracks

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

Spirit Tracks
It's this

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think Phantom Hourglass is worse. Both games have decent dungeons, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like Phantom Hourglass a lot.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't dislike any Zelda, they're all at least a 7 to me. Really the only thing that keeps me from replaying the DS ones is the control scheme.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really wish that Nintendo would revisit Zelda 1 or 2. 1 especially has great mechanics and I would love to see that style of game in a bigger world with more secrets and dungeons.

Most of the 2D games are LttP style, give me some precise stabbing based combat Nintendo.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I remember liking Phantom Hourglass other than the controls. Spirit Tracks I've played twice and haven't finished, although I might try and finish off my file as part of playing through the games before BotW.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A new Zelda II style game would be pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
for as much as i don't like it as-is, it would be interesting to see a refined, modern-ish version of what zelda 2 tried. i don't think you could do enough within the scope of a romhack like simon's quest redacted. that just made it tolerable, and zelda 2 is more or less already there.

• Locked thread