Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Nintendo should watch out... Sony is preparing some pretty stiff competition this season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Nintendo should watch out... Sony is preparing some pretty stiff competition this season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8
:catstonk:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

i feel bad for the people who programmed a pretty impressive facial animation system and then had it used to make that scene

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

holy poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish that you would step back from that ledge my friend

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i feel bad for the people who programmed a pretty impressive facial animation system and then had it used to make that scene

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I don't feel bad for the Killzone developers and programmers at all OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah lol.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:whitewater:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

hahahaha, it makes so much more sense now

that facial animation rigging is pretty good though, in this gamer's opinion

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Theres no emotion on those characters face if your asking me.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
it reminds me of mass effect 1

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Brom's about to break

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

BipolarAurora posted:

majora's mask is good

its the best 3d zelda for sure dude

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

this

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

every sony 1st party developer is european or scea which tbh is capable of making good games becasue they're japanese hell just look at tokyo jungle you can rule a cat empire

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

I looked through some of those other translated interviews and this part ftw

quote:

Back in September, Serge Hascoët (Creative Director at Ubisoft) compared The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to Far Cry or Assassin’s Creed, though with a slower character. After hearing this, Aonuma apparently burst out laughing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is wind waker hd 30% off? i still do not have wind waker hd.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Where's the Renegade option?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Knack 2

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

Hahahaha

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hat Thoughts posted:

lmao

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

Nice. Nintendo ftw

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

GameCube posted:

is wind waker hd 30% off? i still do not have wind waker hd.

I'm pretty sure it was but the sale might be over now

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

i am kind of on the fence about breath of the wild's weapon degradation system but at the very least it looks like they're going for a scavenger/survival mechanic rather than just arbitrarily making your weapons unusable or lovely until you go to a repair shop or whatever. but even so it seems like it'll kind of ruin the fun of finding a cool and unique weapon because you know it'll disappear from your inventory sooner or later when you use it too much. but the game looks Good As Hell either way and i can't freakin wait to play it!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Hat Thoughts posted:

ahhahahhaha

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Hat Thoughts posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

romanowski posted:

i am kind of on the fence about breath of the wild's weapon degradation system but at the very least it looks like they're going for a scavenger/survival mechanic rather than just arbitrarily making your weapons unusable or lovely until you go to a repair shop or whatever. but even so it seems like it'll kind of ruin the fun of finding a cool and unique weapon because you know it'll disappear from your inventory sooner or later when you use it too much. but the game looks Good As Hell either way and i can't freakin wait to play it!

get this every scavenger/survival game is hot garbage and if the master sword degrades i will personally behead shigeru miyamoto

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

get this every scavenger/survival game is hot garbage and if the master sword degrades i will personally behead shigeru miyamoto

if you can't be arsed to tap an amiibo to your joycon, i dont think youre ready to be the hero of hyrule

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i feel ike weapon degradation could be cool if you're just scavenging sticks and stuff but we're obviously going to get the unbreakable master sword like halfway through rendering the mechanic irrelevant forever so uhh

i hope the game';s challenging enough to really encourage experimenting with the systems and stuff. i can imagine just walking into goblin outposts or whatever and just stabbing everything because it's insanely easy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One of the cool things they mentioned at e3 is that the final boss is available practically from the start of the game so it could have a chrono trigger style design where you challenge him whenever you feel powerful enough

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Update: it's out in four weeks

I've been playing Link's Awakening. I played it once before but didn't get very far, but I'm glad I came back to it. It's got some issues from its age like the two button thing, and the textboxes being really small and popping up if you brush slightly against a pot without the bracelet equipped, but otherwise it's been great. It's super charming and a lot more offbeat than most zeldas, but there's sort of an undercurrent of desperation, especially from the boss conversations, that they think the whole island is going to disappear when you wake the Wind Fish and it's not entirely clear if the owl is leading you down the right path.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna head straight to him and see what happens. if he's actually beatable as opposed to just immortal until you get the triforce or whatever, i can imagine people being able to kill him within ten minutes of starting within a couple of days lol. it's cool that the option is there though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Aston posted:

Update: it's out in four weeks

6 weeks out "im not going to preorder a console"

4 weeks out "im not going to preorder a console"

2 weeks out "im not going to preorder a console"

launch day "i need switch"

• Locked thread