Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

elf help book posted:

6 weeks out "im not going to preorder a console"

4 weeks out "im not going to preorder a console"

2 weeks out "im not going to preorder a console"

launch day "i need switch"

I had a solid week of adult patience & stoicism and then nutted my brains out the moment the neon ones went up on amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Weapon durability seems like a poo poo idea but all the videos of this game I've seen make it look like there are weapons everywhere. pretty much all of the bokoblins drop some sort of weapon. I'm actually hopeful about the way it looks in this game, because it could require you to approach each enemy encounter differently and think on the fly. I also like the idea that there are better ideas of approaching enemy groups than just running in and loving them all up. Durability on normal weapons also gives players a better reason to use more of Link's other tools for combat besides just his main weapon. Zelda has never been a series that focuses on technical action combat, so I think the approach that this game looks to be taking, where each encounter with an enemy group is more of a tactical situation/puzzle fits this series really well. I don't know exactly how it's going to turn out, but I'm not pessimistic about that particular aspect of the game at all.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Aston posted:

Update: it's out in four weeks

I've been playing Link's Awakening. I played it once before but didn't get very far, but I'm glad I came back to it. It's got some issues from its age like the two button thing, and the textboxes being really small and popping up if you brush slightly against a pot without the bracelet equipped, but otherwise it's been great. It's super charming and a lot more offbeat than most zeldas, but there's sort of an undercurrent of desperation, especially from the boss conversations, that they think the whole island is going to disappear when you wake the Wind Fish and it's not entirely clear if the owl is leading you down the right path.

link's awakening is the coolest zelda

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

One of the cool things they mentioned at e3 is that the final boss is available practically from the start of the game so it could have a chrono trigger style design where you challenge him whenever you feel powerful enough

this makes me feel better about the open world aspect. being able to head straight to the end boss once you're powerful enough is a cool aspect of an open world, and means that they put some level design into it, instead of just scaling everything to the player

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Is the Wii U version actually different in any way except not being portable? Not that I won't be getting a switch

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

P-Mack posted:

Is the Wii U version actually different in any way except not being portable? Not that I won't be getting a switch

Reggie says more pop in an aonuma says the sound isnt as good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
standard definition rumble

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

P-Mack posted:

*shakes my JoyCon and feels the incredible sensation of there being an ice cube inside the controller* You tell me, bitch.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

*shakes my JoyCon and feels the incredible sensation of there being an ice cube inside the controller* You tell me, bitch.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm sorry, but Breath of the Wild does not support HD rumble.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm sorry, but Breath of the Wild does not support HD rumble.

https://youtu.be/WWaLxFIVX1s

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i feel ike weapon degradation could be cool if you're just scavenging sticks and stuff but we're obviously going to get the unbreakable master sword like halfway through rendering the mechanic irrelevant forever so uhh

you dont know that, larry. you dont know poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If the master sword is breakable I will organize a full scale gamer assault on Nintendo HQ.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bolverkur posted:

you dont know that, larry. you dont know poo poo

remember the weapon renting mechanic in link between worlds

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

the master sowrd will be unbreakable but cursed and will hurt link while equipped until you free it at some late quest point lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

remember the weapon renting mechanic in link between worlds

That was cool because I'm a strong gamer who never died

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i feel ike weapon degradation could be cool if you're just scavenging sticks and stuff but we're obviously going to get the unbreakable master sword like halfway through rendering the mechanic irrelevant forever so uhh

i hope the game';s challenging enough to really encourage experimenting with the systems and stuff. i can imagine just walking into goblin outposts or whatever and just stabbing everything because it's insanely easy

scavenging for sticks is loving gay

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh wow i'm this legendary hero time to beat up pigs [code for jews] with sticks edit:" just re--read this post, actuall y p. fuckin awesome

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

In Training posted:

That was cool because I'm a strong gamer who never died

same, which meant it never really mattered

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

didnt wanna make my own thread about it but i was just thinking about, how i love majoras mask a lot. my dumb kid brain couldnt figure out what made it better than oot in terms of level design and pacing but playing through it several times recently, it's close to perfect.

there's the dumb elegy of emptiness stuff towards the end of the game but poo poo, the dungeon design is immaculate, a simple story about needing to stop the moon from crashing into a small town gains depth as you organically get to know the locals and their struggles, music and art are top notch. the combat doesn't leave much to the imagination being a zelda game but it still throws some screwballs. its a loving good game

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm not a big fan of the Majora's Mask dungeons, but the sidequests and stuff in Clock Town and the surrounding areas more than make up for it. I love the tone of denial degrading into desperation and fatalism over the three days. The masks being troubled spirits that you've healed (for some at least) is also really cool.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

scavenging for sticks is loving gay
Maybe Link shouldn't have slept in then

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Stone Tower Temple is the best dungeon in the series and more than makes up for the other 3 bad dungeons that game has.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I finished Link's Awakening and started on Zelda 1 and man, it's hard.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i freaking love majora's mask. i love it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Stone Tower Temple is the best dungeon in the series and more than makes up for the other 3 bad dungeons that game has.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i love the mm dungeons, they're better than anything i can think of in oot or ww or tp

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i need tp for my bunghole lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Going old school with zelda 1

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's awesome man. Good luck finding all of the dungeons.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i hope they make more special editions i want the goofy shiekah case

Five in Russia
Oct 11, 2003

I played it yesterday on the switch and it was cool! The joycons are super tiny though, I liked the pro controller more

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Five in Russia posted:

I played it yesterday on the switch and it was cool! The joycons are super tiny though, I liked the pro controller more

go on..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Five in Russia
Oct 11, 2003

The demo ended after 20 minutes, and all I did was chop down trees and kill guys with weapons. I feel like they break pretty fast, but everything drops weapons. The world is huge but and I wish you could sprint for a while, but your stamina meter is super short. I guess theres tons of stuff you can get to at the start but I didn't find anything

• Locked thread