Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

yeah... watching someone take 4 minutes to take out a bokoblin at the start of the game doesn't sound like it would bode well for fun going forward. the guardian thing sounds cool tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's super disappointing, especially considering how well designed the base game was

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You can one shot blue bokoblins with the soldiers bow from the temple of time. use that to get good weapons

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the start of the game is a bit of a drag but once you start getting weapons from platforms and black enemies the difficulty levels off. stone talus took about as long to beat as a regular playthrough and i killed a black hinox right outside the plateau with the gear i got from there with no problems

it's a lot of fun, i'd say go for it whenever you want to experience the game afresh

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

you also have to go into fights prepared and remember enemy weaknesses. the enemy camp where hestu's maracas are kept had three black bokoblins which is still suicide with my starting armor + climber's bandanna. instead of fighting them head on i lured them next to the cliff and launched all three with a bomb. one drowned but two landed on a lower platform so i had to drop down and thwack them into the water from there. it was great and those kinds of fights stopped happening halfway through a regular playthrough

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

zen death robot posted:

master mode is loving awesome

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tender Bender posted:

Master Mode just seems like a slog, I realized way too late that like all of my replays of Metroid Prime were brought down by unnecessarily doing them on Bullet Sponge Mode, and I will not make that mistake again.

Zelda has fun combat and Metroid Prime has the worst combat in the world

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Your wrong.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I just realized the lynel I'll have to fight at zoras domain is gonna be ranked up, goddamn maybe I'll do the rito and then the death mountain ones first

the lynel fight is completely optional so do whatever

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

:l

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Permanently banned from the Alamo
I've only ever made it to trial eight if the beginner trials, this is hard as hell. Reminds me of old arcade games with no save feature. And it's great.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

zen death robot posted:

master mode is loving awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

zen death robot posted:

I just realized the lynel I'll have to fight at zoras domain is gonna be ranked up, goddamn maybe I'll do the rito and then the death mountain ones first

You don't have to fight it, you just have to gather enough arrows

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

zen death robot posted:

yeah i was expecting the beginning to be a pain in the rear end but once you had maxed out ancient armor and crap like that it was almost impossible to die unless you were really trying hard to do dumb poo poo thats why i wanna play the master mode

i kept the ninja armor on for most of the game because it was the most stylish

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

link with chopsticks in his hair :swoon:

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the night running bonus also was very good to me

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

He's sexy as hell

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

He's sexy as hell

when I first found gerudo town I immediately assumed that that was the outfit I needed to wear, so I spent all the money I had at that point buying the set

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

You can't upgrade the dlc armor which kinda sucks. It looks cool though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I saw a shrine around hour 8 and marked it on my map but didn't bother doing it. Around hour 150 I finally went back to it and got the Climbing gear I'd been missing all game.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

I saw a shrine around hour 8 and marked it on my map but didn't bother doing it. Around hour 150 I finally went back to it and got the Climbing gear I'd been missing all game.

hope you got lots of lizards so you can upgrade it

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

UWBW posted:

hope you got lots of lizards so you can upgrade it

I do but I'm roadblocked by ice keese wings because of this and the desert gear.

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

I do but I'm roadblocked by ice keese wings because of this and the desert gear.

If you take a pic of an ice keese and set it to your scanner, they become really easy to find over in ruto-ville. There's also a few in the great plateau, I think, in the mountain area.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

thanks to the floating platform with the duplex bow and grabbing the yiga clan guy's weapon real fast at the end of the stolen heirloom quest i am way way farther along in the weapon connoisseur quest than i should be at this stage

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Master mode is actually fun. Every fight needs to be thoughtful which is enjoyable. They are still easy enough to win early and you get more mileage out of using power swings and evasions

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

my morning jackass posted:

Master mode is actually fun. Every fight needs to be thoughtful which is enjoyable. They are still easy enough to win early and you get more mileage out of using power swings and evasions

Korok leaf becomes the most useful item, not even joking. I am getting mad though because all my weapons keep breaking just because I have to hit enemies so many more times. That's not fun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

are the dungeons inmastermode still big empty puzzles?

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

extremebuff posted:

are the dungeons inmastermode still big empty puzzles?

Haven't gotten to the beasts yet, but shrines have tougher enemies. Like, unfairly tough.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

UWBW posted:

Haven't gotten to the beasts yet, but shrines have tougher enemies. Like, unfairly tough.

sounds bad

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sounds like everyone is a newb

UWBW
Aug 3, 2013

GameCube posted:

sounds bad

It's not fantastic, but you can usually cheese them out by just running past them or dodging them entirely. It makes me wish the stealth mechanics were a bit more in-depth, because then you'd have these really tense moments of sneaking by high-powered enemies in all the puzzle sections that I would really dig.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

zen death robot posted:

Got my master sword fully upgraded :twisted:

What does this mean?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive been watching yt vids and its making me excited to try it actually..mastermode is perfect for someone who's already played through the game and knows how to reliably find powerful items and fight tougher stuff, sell the right things for early money etc. ill pick it up along with spla2oon once thats out.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

there are so many different animations just for opening chests

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

60 attk all the time/glowing and no cooldown

thats really OP jesus..i dont like the idea of pretty much throwing away the durability system for an infinite strong weapon. is there anything you need to do to enter the trials or do you just need to have the mastersword?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's not like you're forced to use it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The master sword can still "break" but sword beams don't eat durability after the master trials.

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
the trials are accessible anytime. anyone who can beat them early game deserves the powered up master sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm gonna wait to do it until I finish the four beasts and beat Ganon.

• Locked thread