Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

gonna go through the whole game wearing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The yiga stealth section was easy with the upgraded sheik armor

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
you dont even need to upgrade it just put on all 3 pieces and you can walk up behind everyone. i just did it last night it was nothing

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

dragon enthusiast posted:

I have more shock arrows than any other type cause you can just harvest a bunch from that place with the lynel every blood moon

Just saw a guide today on how to get unlimited regular arrows and apparently the cap is 999.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

HolePisser1982 posted:

I used an arrow to make one of the guards look away, and threw some bananas across the room in a different spot. in hindsight, I could have just used stasis (I assume?)

ya stasis works but only for like 2 seconds

it seems super hard when you first encounter it but then there's like a half dozen ways around it, and it's only really one room

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
the yiga boss fight is fun + cute

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i actually stopped using stasis mostly because its almost TOO strong

i still use it on lynels though

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i dont use stasis+ unless i have to for the puzzle

some of the random side quest writing is so charming, its like reminiscent of pm2 and other high points. maybe thats the translators i dont know

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'd be interested to see the jokes in literally translated japanese to see how much is direct and how much is interpretation. regardless, the translation is very, very good.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i like that one minigame where the guy tries to cheap you out on the reward and he's like "okay fine dont give me that look heres 100 rupees"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GameCube posted:

this game is destroying my life. i can't decide if i should force myself to take a break or just power through to the end so i can get it out of my loving brain

it's going to destroy my life when i beat it and only a feels bomb the size of persona 4 will be able to cure it. can persona 5 match up to my best pals in inaba and hyroule?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

eonwe posted:

i actually stopped using stasis mostly because its almost TOO strong

i still use it on lynels though

I just shoot lynels in the face because it stuns them longer than Stasis.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Only ten shrines to go... I'm sad it's ending

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm about 70 hours in and I suddenly realized that this is the very first open world game I've ever played where I haven't run into any glitches or bugs, which is actually an amazing feat.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm about 70 hours in and I suddenly realized that this is the very first open world game I've ever played where I haven't run into any glitches or bugs, which is actually an amazing feat.

yeah except for the glitch where items break all the time

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I ran into a few but they were minor stuff like disappearing trees and such. I do feel bad for the guy who was speed running the game and was on pace to get a world record and the game crashed.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive hd a couple of crashes but its still insanely stable ffor a game this complex

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the only glitch Ive seen is a deer slowly running up a near-vertical incline. I was very okay with it

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I've had Lizalfos spawn on sheer cliffs on a few occasions and they act really weird

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

didnt see any glitches or crashes beyond some awkward skyrim cliff climbing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

yeah except for the glitch where items break all the time

the rapid decay of your brain functions lining up with you getting an eminem avatar has been making me lol

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I had one bug that I was able to repeat a couple of times that would cause the system to hang for several seconds.

When fighting a group of moblins in some ruins during a rain storm, if their corpse would rag doll onto a slick surface, everything would lockup.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HolePisser1982 posted:

the rapid decay of your brain functions lining up with you getting an eminem avatar has been making me lol

well now fuckin i'm lolling too,

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i know its mean to assume someone is disabled because theyre struggling with zelda, but I still think they should at least go to a doctor and make sure everythings ok

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

I had one bug that I was able to repeat a couple of times that would cause the system to hang for several seconds.

When fighting a group of moblins in some ruins during a rain storm, if their corpse would rag doll onto a slick surface, everything would lockup.

Yeah, that happened to me a couple times, too, specifically with moblins. Only twice, though, so :shrug:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

i know its mean to assume someone is disabled because theyre struggling with zelda, but I still think they should at least go to a doctor and make sure everythings ok

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh i did run into that sometimes. specifically fighting moblins, sometimes killing them would make everything freeze for a moment. the switch version does the same thing reportedly.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the glitches are minor though, the game is incredibly tight. considering skyrim and poo poo just outright crash all the time, quests break, enemies randomly enter god mode, etc. and the only thing i can say about this game is "in about 80 hours of play it hitched up a few times," thats pretty amazing

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

oh i did run into that sometimes. specifically fighting moblins, sometimes killing them would make everything freeze for a moment. the switch version does the same thing reportedly.

yyeah ive seen that happen. ia lso had a weird bug where i popped up th switch settings menu in-game but all my buttons were still controlling link. thats prbably a bug with the switch software though, not a zelda bug specifically

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

the glitches are minor though, the game is incredibly tight. considering skyrim and poo poo just outright crash all the time, quests break, enemies randomly enter god mode, etc. and the only thing i can say about this game is "in about 80 hours of play it hitched up a few times," thats pretty amazing

yeah this, ive had like one crash aand a handful of hitches in 80+ hours of gametime, thats super freakin stable

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

godly nintendo qa department

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The biggest thing for me was the game stopping every time I headshot a moblin and made them ragdoll.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Fungah! posted:

yeah this, ive had like one crash aand a handful of hitches in 80+ hours of gametime, thats super freakin stable

I've never had an outright crash luckily.

My only gripe about the game is the Divine Beasts; they felt short compared to dungeons/temples in previous games, like glorified shrines that became more monotonous than challenging once you figured out the positioning gimmick of the beast.

More content like Hyrule Castle would be welcomed.

Edit: Ok two gripes, the voice acting.

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 23, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

jisforjosh posted:

More content like Hyrule Castle would be welcomed.

I hope that's what the DLC is. I assume that the sequel will replace the divine beasts with more stuff like that.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Literally every other dub sounds better produced than the English one, Spanish and Russian especially

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wanna play in Hispanophone Hyrule

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

an actual dog posted:

I hope that's what the DLC is. I assume that the sequel will replace the divine beasts with more stuff like that.

A same engine sequel with a smaller world but a larger number of high quality, expansive dungeons would be really, really good.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
what the hell is supposed to be wrong with the voice acting

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the map gimmick is basically Nintendo getting tired of everybody complaining about dungeon items being useless outside the dungeon, so instead they made it part of the dungeon itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
thinking about zelda

• Locked thread