Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is wind waker hd 30% off? i still do not have wind waker hd.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ever notice how like every zelda that's come out in the past decade or so has been a direct response to Gamer Feedback

wind waker was "too kiddy" so they made twilight princess dark as poo poo
twilight princess was too drab and lifeless so they made skyward sword very pretty
skyward sword was too easy and linear so now its dark souls bitch

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh yeah link between worlds was also aggressively nonlinear. anyway i finally started the new zelda last night and its good. lol at the guy telling you to "learn some self-reliance" when you try to ask him where to go. you made me like this nintendo. gently caress you. i like your game

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is there a way to pet the dogs

i want to pet the dogs but i'm afraid i'll pet the wrong button and stab them to death instead

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

an actual dog posted:

I haven't found a way to pet em but I fed one and it followed me around. They also chase their tails which is good.

They really need to add a pet button tho.

the one MGS5 feature they didn't rip off. dang

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Shigeru Miyamoto ("Shigsy") owns

getting serious gamer feels over miyamoto-san's vision finally being achieved

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

its cool how forgiving the cooking is in this game. like i've just been throwing poo poo together and unless it's a combo that obviously makes no sense it always works

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is there any way to teleport my horse? i've just been leaving it by a shrine any time i teleport and then eventually i come back for it, with an apple

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

You can get it at any stable regardless of if it's boarded or not

oh. cool

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

five minutes until i can go home and play zelda for 47 hours straight, and die

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

yeah she's not falling for that one again

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i'm afraid to look at my playtime

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

just discovered some really cool stuff in a ravine.

same, except on a mountain.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i finally checked my wii u activity log, i started playing this last sunday and i've got more than 30 hours in already. that might not sound like much but i'm pretty sure that's more than i played my wii u in all of 2016

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've been late to work every day for the past week because of this game

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

there's also a video from GDC. haven't watched it yet in case there's spoilers
http://gdcvault.com/play/1024562/Change-and-Constant-Breaking-Conventions

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

just checked my wii u activity log, i've played botw more in the past week than i've played any other wii u game combined in the past year. past two years if you don't include virtual console

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

post-zora's domain spoiler: is a lightscale trident really worth giving up a diamond for
i mean that's five hundred freaking rupees

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my horse disappeared last night. i jumped off my horse to fight some dudes and when i was done fighting the dudes, my horse was gone. gently caress

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah i know its just weird that i didn't see it happen. maybe in my Sword Fugue i sworded my horse. oops

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

uncle cuck. lmao

anyway here's the gdc talk on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyMsF31NdNc

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

omfg

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that ivy guy posted:

Callback to the classic

lmao this is almost possible. this game is loving awesome

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

went home for lunch and played zelda for fifteen minutes... if only i had a switch

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

Cool thing I just discovered that other people probably found out ages ago but if you're venturing somewhere cold and don't wanna sacrifice armor for cold resistance or don't have any food to eat, just strap a fire sword or fire rod to your back and it'll warm you up just the same.

I mean, it makes perfect sense, but it's kinda crazy that it's an actual strategy that works.

rediscover posted:

I figured this out too. I also thawed out a whole shrine by standing next to it with a fire spear for 20 minutes

lmao god dammit

it's like i have to turn off the Video Game Logic part of my brain and use Regular rear end Logic instead

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

wave a leaf at them

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

holy poo poo, good work corey
https://twitter.com/geneticjen/status/843024770899873792

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol i was doing a similar puzzle in a shrine and spent like fifteen minutes arranging two cubes to open a gate and get some other metal thing out before i realized i could have just used my metal sword's and bow's

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this game is very good

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ugh i cannot get through the loving yiga hideout for the life of me

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah i knew about the bananas and throwing them and poo poo... i'm just really bad at stealth lol. i gotta find more fairy fountains and max out my sheikah outfit i think

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

attach an octorok balloon to a banana, and use the leaf to blow it past the guards

omg

rediscover posted:

regarding the clan: does a sneak strike actually 1 hit the big guards? anyways that part is hard and saying gently caress it to stealth is nearly impossible.. *a slow grin creeps across my face* which made it all the more satisfying when i got busted and slaughtered all yiga clan fruitcakes who tried to one shot me with there big swords. wasn't the biggest fan of that segment but the banana stash and the clan leader (mini?) boss at the end was a funny character and cool fight final verdict: several bags of popcorn and a large soda. also does anyone else feel like they tend to run into those vile tricksters way more often than normal in faron/the tropical zone?

usually it does but it seems like if they're starting to turn around it won't work. i just stocked up on shock arrows and i've got some good bows so i might just waste them all with triple shock arrows to the head

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this game is destroying my life. i can't decide if i should force myself to take a break or just power through to the end so i can get it out of my loving brain

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

mabels big day posted:

i thought there was only 100 shrines but i have a lot more game to play than i thought

omg

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i managed to go an entire day without playing this game. i feel like i am going to die

https://twitter.com/acfoltzer/status/838576790599708672

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i still like skyward sword. i'll never play it again and fi and the linearity in general were awful but they tried to mix things up, they made good on the promise of the wii motion controls, and tbqh i don't think breath of the wild would exist without skyward sword. and really "worst console zelda" is not that damning a criticism

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

when you see a sentinel and run towards it rather than away... that's powerful

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

you should play with the Pro Hud setting

in my heart i wish i'd played the entire game in pro hud but i'm like 80 hours in and still only have 3 divine beasts down. if i played without the map waypoints and poo poo i'd probably never finish this game... is that such a bad thing though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i need to beat this fuckin game so i can watch a speedrun. they're down to like 45 minutes

• Locked thread