Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

and all Zelda games are 30% off on the eshop. I'm going to go through and play as many of the ones I haven't played before as possible.

I love zelda!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'd love a game that's majora's mask but just the time loop helping a load of people out, and not bothering about the dungeons. Something in the mould of Deadly Premonition but with the loop might work.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I remember liking Phantom Hourglass other than the controls. Spirit Tracks I've played twice and haven't finished, although I might try and finish off my file as part of playing through the games before BotW.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

GameCube posted:

is wind waker hd 30% off? i still do not have wind waker hd.

I'm pretty sure it was but the sale might be over now

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Update: it's out in four weeks

I've been playing Link's Awakening. I played it once before but didn't get very far, but I'm glad I came back to it. It's got some issues from its age like the two button thing, and the textboxes being really small and popping up if you brush slightly against a pot without the bracelet equipped, but otherwise it's been great. It's super charming and a lot more offbeat than most zeldas, but there's sort of an undercurrent of desperation, especially from the boss conversations, that they think the whole island is going to disappear when you wake the Wind Fish and it's not entirely clear if the owl is leading you down the right path.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm not a big fan of the Majora's Mask dungeons, but the sidequests and stuff in Clock Town and the surrounding areas more than make up for it. I love the tone of denial degrading into desperation and fatalism over the three days. The masks being troubled spirits that you've healed (for some at least) is also really cool.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I finished Link's Awakening and started on Zelda 1 and man, it's hard.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Going old school with zelda 1

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Evil Eagle posted:

That's awesome man. Good luck finding all of the dungeons.

I just found dungeon 2 on the last unexplored square of the entire map (second last if you can go north on the loop with the 2 ladders next to the waterfall). I have finished 1 and 3, did most of 4 but ran out of keys, and I've found 6, 8 and 9.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Mods, could you please change this threads title to Breath of the Wild is coming out in just under 4 weeks TIA

Three weeks tomorrow

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

i've taken the 3rd off work

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Six days

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOPHyuAuT0

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm getting digital on Wii U probably

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILFddYxKOM

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Any idea what time this will release on the eshop? If it's midnight eastern time I'm getting up at 5am to download it.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

im playing it. its really happening,

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I played like 20 minutes last night and now I have a day off to enjoy it except I ended up with a bunch of stuff I have to do and won't be able to play until later afternoon

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

dragon enthusiast posted:

am i the only one who always hucks my lovely weapons off into the distance whenever i find a chest with a better weapon

I wish you could do it with bows and shields too

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Thinking about Zelda

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

The korok leaf maybe? Or would it be possible using only runes?

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I like opening the map, zooming in and finding a place name that looks interesting and going over to explore. There's always been something to find, sometimes it's just a korok but it still makes it feel satisfying.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

the journey is its own reward

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I still have no idea how to fight the lynelz with the big clubs and spears

I murdered a bunch by equipping full barbarian armour and shooting them in the face with their own bows at point blank range. Stasis+ helps a lot, they stay frozen for a really long time compared to other enemies that hard.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Upland Zorana and the path leading to Zora's domain are good places to get arrows. Most of the Lizalfos there seem to drop 5-10 arrows.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

My favourite one so far was "Speed of Light", with the wheel that spins a laser to raise and lower the water.

I spent over half an hour trying to get the chest in that one and managed it with a combination of cryonis and stasis on the switch in the second room at the last possible second to give enough time to sprint through the door. It turns out you can do it just by leaving a bomb on the switch platform.

Then I pretty much immediately threw the weapon you get in a river by accident and lost it forever.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

The Legend of Zelda: Chef of the Wild

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay