Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Knack 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
they took out all the obvious gamepad gimmicks when they went multiplatform

Switch version runs at 900p when docked with fewer frame drops, higher quality sfx, etc

Wii U version has a mandatory 3GB install, presumably to help with texture pop-in

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I haven't really followed this game, have they explained anything about the real dungeons and how they differ from the shrines or are they just big shrines with bosses at the end

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, i read one preview, and it sounds like someone made a western open world game that isn't inherently assy

MGS5

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

sector_corrector posted:

when was the last time a game physically sold out apart from the nintendo classic?

Nintendo understocks poo poo all the time

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Bill Barber posted:

Wish this had 30 second video recording or something with the share button. Hit a crazy headshot on a chief moblin from like 500 feet away.

I don't even care about progressing in just running around the starting area exploring and collecting poo poo. So much fun.

they said they'll add video sharing in a future update I think

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

GameCube posted:

why was link right-handed in this one. skyward sword and the wii twilight princess they kinda had an excuse. if that's the new canon, well, count me out

Aonuma's excuse was "the attack button is on the right-hand side of the controller"

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
House of the Dead 2

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

R. Guyovich posted:

agree with these being real good launch games. i liked sonic adventure back in the day, as well. i guess for me it's just weird for developers not to spend time working on a slam dunk title that gets people excited about the system but it seems most companies are content with putting out a bunch of subpar games and expecting people to buy the new thing. it's not like that strategy hasn't worked lol

it's hard to make good game under any circumstances, least of all for new hardware with no wiggle room in the development schedule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tender Bender posted:

Master Mode just seems like a slog, I realized way too late that like all of my replays of Metroid Prime were brought down by unnecessarily doing them on Bullet Sponge Mode, and I will not make that mistake again.

Zelda has fun combat and Metroid Prime has the worst combat in the world

• Locked thread