Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm going to be playing on the wii-u, but still looking forward to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Nintendo should watch out... Sony is preparing some pretty stiff competition this season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8

i feel bad for the people who programmed a pretty impressive facial animation system and then had it used to make that scene

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I don't feel bad for the Killzone developers and programmers at all OP.

hahahaha, it makes so much more sense now

that facial animation rigging is pretty good though, in this gamer's opinion

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

One of the cool things they mentioned at e3 is that the final boss is available practically from the start of the game so it could have a chrono trigger style design where you challenge him whenever you feel powerful enough

this makes me feel better about the open world aspect. being able to head straight to the end boss once you're powerful enough is a cool aspect of an open world, and means that they put some level design into it, instead of just scaling everything to the player

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

update: ok, this looks sick

it's good that video games are growing up. hell, i love it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fungah! posted:

16 days until sex

that loving frog is just going to go past the treasure chest. i've played this game before.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZskGAxQkgY

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
everything i've seen about the game leads me to believe that it's a well made open world, and not bethesda style

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, i read one preview, and it sounds like someone made a western open world game that isn't inherently assy

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a lot of leaked stuff has run like rear end for the leak, but gotten 100% better with the day-one. i think i'm still day one for this.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

doughvakiin posted:

explain to me this 'day-one' you speak of

day one patch. a lot of pre-release stuff is an earlier build, and the devs are working up to the minute on the patch in order to iron out final bugs. bloodborne had a lot of problems until from's first patch for it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gone Home Link

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the reviews for this seem universally positive, so i'm very excited.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have a lot of work to do before i play this, but i'm picking it up on the way home, and might get an hour or two in before i have to get back to work. this is like personally the worst time for this game to be released, lol.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that side-by-side vid of the wii-u and switch versions has assuaged my last fear. [roy batty voice] time for sex

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
when was the last time a game physically sold out apart from the nintendo classic?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm pissed i won't be able to really dig into this until, at best, saturday morning

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'm buying 4 copies

1) Nothing wrong with me
2) Nothing wrong with me
3) Nothing wrong with me
4) Nothing wrong with me

I suggest the true fans do the same

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

at the date posted:

looking forward to hearing that all the people who preordered the new video game thing for $hundos are extremely satisfied with their brilliant investment

go back to games with this poo poo, idiot

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

doughvakiin posted:

i'm in line to get the game.

how many people are there?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

is R_C_ a social media intern for dominos?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just want to play this poo poo, but i have so much to do today ;_;

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i can't play this till tomorrow, but i guess i'll preload it onto the wii-u tonight fuuuuuuu

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok, finished work. i'm going to go get this loading from the e-shop and hope i can get in a few hours tomorrow.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm still on the starting plateau, but this game is loving amazing. it's everything i've ever wanted in an open world game - even better than MGS. i got the magnet power, and remembered a suspicious metal door from when i was just freely exploring earlier. went back to it, and got a cool little collectable reward. even the degrading weapons isn't bad, because you get so many, and it forces you to mix up your approach. gently caress! it's so good!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've had slowdown once or twice but i barely noticed it, and probably wouldn't have if i wasn't aware of it being a problem from reading stuff online

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love how when you cook something bad it censors it, like it's obscene

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

i cant believe ninty figured out how to make durability fun

it's unbelievable

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Level Slide posted:

Have any other games with durability had an almost broken weapon deal extra damage on its final hit, or allow you to chuck your near broken poo poo at enemies? Serious question because I want to meet those games.

that weird rear end rogue-lite on the PS2, baroque, allowed you to throw nearly broken poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh drat, i can't wait to get to a city

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
taking down moblin camps with stealth and unlocking a chest feels like an even cleaner version of capturing an outpost in MGS:V. and, like, a thousand times better than clearing draugr cave #200 in skyrim.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

tumor looking batty posted:

going into this mostly blind and it owns except for the stupid british voices

yeah, same here. exploring is going to be like the first week of a souls game, and i can't wait.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soral posted:

you can get clothes that protect from cold to help you, from the old man
i made the thing he wanted and he never gave them to me. idk why.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
goddamn this game is good. the feeling when you first jump out to the main world is unparalleled.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
every time i've tried something that seems like it should work, it actually works. like flipping over an ancient guardian shell that's in the water with an ice block.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mabels big day posted:

I had a really nice and powerful boomerang, and i threw it at an enemy and killed it, and when i went to press A to pick up the boomerang as it came back i accidentally picked up the lovely weapon from the monster i just killed and the boomerang went flying off a cliff behind me never to be seen again

i threw a decent sledgehammer into the river because my brain got confused w/ dark souls control and pressed trigger to ready a weapon strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've had a few deaths that have made me laugh out loud because of how well everything in the game clicks together. like killing the really powerful bokoblin chief, only to have a red one come from my periphery and knock me off a cliff to my death

• Locked thread