Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Weapon durability seems like a poo poo idea but all the videos of this game I've seen make it look like there are weapons everywhere. pretty much all of the bokoblins drop some sort of weapon. I'm actually hopeful about the way it looks in this game, because it could require you to approach each enemy encounter differently and think on the fly. I also like the idea that there are better ideas of approaching enemy groups than just running in and loving them all up. Durability on normal weapons also gives players a better reason to use more of Link's other tools for combat besides just his main weapon. Zelda has never been a series that focuses on technical action combat, so I think the approach that this game looks to be taking, where each encounter with an enemy group is more of a tactical situation/puzzle fits this series really well. I don't know exactly how it's going to turn out, but I'm not pessimistic about that particular aspect of the game at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread