Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

this is going to be the longest week ever

I told my girlfriend I want to start it with her because it seems like it's gonna be a memorable game and we like to share our interests with each other. But she has to travel for work unexpectedly so now I have to wait until the next week to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Nice try but you can't own me any harder than I already owned myself.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wii Sports, unironically.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Without spoiling can someone tell me if I'm missing something or if the orb in Impa's house is actually gated until like the end of the game. I thought for sure being able to take it would be my reward for finding all the memories but there actually wasn't a reward for that afaik.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

I found the spot you're obviously supposed to use the orb (the floor piece around the corner from the fairy fountain) but never actually found a way for those idiots to let me borrow it.

Same! I am going to avoid the spoilers and try to persevere and find the answer on my own. Thanks crew.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

GameCube posted:

yeah. this last one isn't a quest shrine so now i'm just going to the top of every tower, peak, and similarly high place and just looking around for that orange glow

and before anyone asks, yes i did get the shrines in all four corners of the map

Considering they don't seem to be masked by draw distance it's pretty impressive how many shrines are out in the open but not viewable from most vantage points, they're really tucked away behind hills and valleys and stuff.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 28, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I eventually gave up and used a map for the last couple and id missed one behind a rock in the sort of middle South and, more embarrassingly, one next to a stable id never noticed across the road from lon lon ranch

It's loving nuts how long it took me to find some of those stables that are like right in the center of the map, and I had basically passed multiple times

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Master Mode just seems like a slog, I realized way too late that like all of my replays of Metroid Prime were brought down by unnecessarily doing them on Bullet Sponge Mode, and I will not make that mistake again.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Eh, it makes boss battles better but screws up the flow of getting around. For every time it makes a battle more interesting or exciting there's multiple times you had to spend ten seconds shooting a magmoor in the head.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

You can't upgrade the dlc armor which kinda sucks. It looks cool though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I saw a shrine around hour 8 and marked it on my map but didn't bother doing it. Around hour 150 I finally went back to it and got the Climbing gear I'd been missing all game.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

UWBW posted:

hope you got lots of lizards so you can upgrade it

I do but I'm roadblocked by ice keese wings because of this and the desert gear.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm gonna wait to do it until I finish the four beasts and beat Ganon.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Hero's Path was really handy for figuring out which of the samey featureless ruins in Hyrule Field I hadn't been to, for finding all of the dlc gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I just put the game down for a while and started some other stuff. There's only one BOTW, I'd rather come back to it after a bit than power through when I'm not really feeling it.

• Locked thread