Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The music I've heard so far is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Have the reviews stated whether the Wii U version is drastically inferior? I Don't want to buy a switch for a year or two and would love an excuse to dust off the ol' U.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Might be a little late into the life cycle to really care but I just noticed you can't preorder games digitally on the eshop. As much as I'd like the chance to preload, that's cool.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Now that my Wii U is dusted off might as well play some MK8 while I wait for midnight.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's really, really, REALLY good!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I hope it unlocks at midnight eastern so i can get the download started tonight.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

What makes you post like this

It should at least in my experience with major first party releases.

well now i'm excited

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

This game is real good. Is there an inventory upgrade anywhere? I have too many cool weapons now.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I like video game.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Really enjoying the temple puzzles. Some have been super clever.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Found a save-scummy way to make money and I feel dirty but I want that drat house

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

the art and the music are so fuckin good and i love every one of the characters. I keep quietly saying whoa to myself while playing it

The music especially is so shockingly not what I expected, but the sparse instrumentation fits the feel of the world so well.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

If the other three dungeons are anywhere near as cool as the first one I did, holy loving poo poo.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

At the slanted ball-maze that's not gamepad controlled In the Zora village, I wound up stasis-smacking the thing so hard it sailed over the entire course before apparently banking off a wall or fence somehow and in. I couldn't see it so I really have no clue how it got in there I love this game so much.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Lol the gbs switch thread is predictably garbage loving christ. Xbone thread 2.0

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

do heavier armors actually slow down your move speed? i have my eye on the hylian knight stuff, but i don't want to move any slower, and my current tunic is actually pretty decent after the upgrades.

If I had to guess it's more likely they make you very loud.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

tumor looking batty posted:

love breaking my highest level sword on a slime in the openworld

Hell, same, but it's because I knew it would break soon and chucked it right into the slime's stupid face.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Played for easily over 35 hours at this point and there are still 2 towers I need to activate...this game...

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

3 dungeons down, map filled out, master sword in hand, now I'm looking for all the neat little labyrinth things on the map. Finished the one in the northwest and got a piece of the barbarian set?!?!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I tried doing the northeast one first but I didn't have appropriate arrows for the mobs in there. That one is probably next for me. Hopefully 5 arrows is enough.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

That 4th great fairy cost :stare:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Finally beat the 4th dungeon last night. Can definitively say the best dungeon skill is the Ruto leap super handy and surprisingly short cooldown.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I sell the gems and luminous stones. I try to keep at least 3 of each gem and I had been blowing all the luminous stones but I just found a use for those in the gerudo town.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

If it's just replacing the weapons, I'd rather have the money. Gems are easy enough to acquire if I ever need em.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The world minibosses (talos?), the giant rock guys, drop tons of gems. I just farm the spots I know they are after blood moons.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's so weird talking about this game to someone who hasn't played it being like "and there's weapon durabili--no, no it's actually kind of cool and impacts the game in a meaningful way and is in no way as much of a pain as you're thinking"

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

extremebuff posted:

i really liked the stealth mission in the gerudo desert

I thought I was pretty well stacked and could take those guards. I was wrong.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

i figured out a good way to deal with guardians today: when they're about to unleash the laser blast, stasis them and strafe them. it resets the timer and confuses them so that you can start hacking legs, or lining up criticals on their eyes. it's time to clear the room beneath the northeast labyrinth.

That seems so plainly obvious now that you mention it. I could save tons not having to stock up on specialty arrows.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

exploring death mountain and finding a way to get to the goron city netted me like 30 ambers. which i immediately had to sell to buy the expensive rear end armor for the area ;(

You can get the chest piece as part of a side mission, but yeah. There's certainly no shortage of things to blow rupees on.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Plebian Parasite posted:

not to mention you only really need 2 pieces, there's only 2 levels of the buff it gets you, even though most people are gonna get all three anyway.

The set bonus is pretty nice though.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

what's the full set bonus for the flamebreaker armor?

Nothing sets you on fire and you can freely walk/climb over the glowy orange bits of rock. Lava is still no bueno, but pretty much everything else won't hurt you.

Zora set still the most convenient one I've found yet, however.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I have no ability to stop playing this game. Something like 9 straight hours after work yesterday.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

As a non-completionist gamer, I'm glad of it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I had one of the balls and moved them to a location it was a pain to retrieve it from before figuring things out. Wish I had thought of that cheese, because it would have been easier than what I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

It's not like you're forced to use it.

• Locked thread