Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
If I'm not going to be crafting and upgrading the circlets and earrings from Gerudo town there's no reason to keep any of the gems (outside of random side quests) right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

sector_corrector posted:

i hadn't gotten to the goron one when i wrote that, but it was ok. mostly because you can use magnesis objects to easily knock down the drones. i liked the short gerudo stealth segment because there's a few ways to approach it.

I was confused about what people were talking about with a goron stealth section because for that area, like you said it was all magnesis, stasis, and cannon shots while leading around a huge, completely unstealthy goron.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Stumbled into the final boss room while exploring Hyrule Castle and that was a satisfying fight. Holy gently caress is this game huge though, I thought I had done a decent chunk of the game but completion is at 20.09% :stare:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Harrow posted:

So, about completion percentage: it counts korok seeds. All 900 of them. That's probably why it's so low.

Well that explains everything was wondering why it's so low, done over half of the side quests, more than half of the armor upgraded to level 3 and about 70 shrines done

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

I have more shock arrows than any other type cause you can just harvest a bunch from that place with the lynel every blood moon

Just saw a guide today on how to get unlimited regular arrows and apparently the cap is 999.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm about 70 hours in and I suddenly realized that this is the very first open world game I've ever played where I haven't run into any glitches or bugs, which is actually an amazing feat.

I had one bug that I was able to repeat a couple of times that would cause the system to hang for several seconds.

When fighting a group of moblins in some ruins during a rain storm, if their corpse would rag doll onto a slick surface, everything would lockup.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Fungah! posted:

yeah this, ive had like one crash aand a handful of hitches in 80+ hours of gametime, thats super freakin stable

I've never had an outright crash luckily.

My only gripe about the game is the Divine Beasts; they felt short compared to dungeons/temples in previous games, like glorified shrines that became more monotonous than challenging once you figured out the positioning gimmick of the beast.

More content like Hyrule Castle would be welcomed.

Edit: Ok two gripes, the voice acting.

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 23, 2017

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Mipha is bad, her delivery is just flat out reading, with no emotion. Daruk is great, Sidon is ok, but man does Yunobo (the young Goron) suck. "Oh Geez oh man, MONSTERSSSSS AHHH"

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

zelda 2 used to be the worst zelda

Now what is it? Skyward Sword? I only say that as it's the only main line (console) entry that I haven't beaten. I played it for all of 4 hours and stopped.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

i finally pulled the trigger and beat this. i spent way more time than i thought it was gonna take because i wasnt expecting hyrule castle to be so huge. godly game

yeah the castle is just the best dungeon in the game. last fight is satisfying and taught me that a necessary component of the fight is applicable to guardians out in the wild and one shots the turret ones, haven't tried on the walkers.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

klapman posted:

poo poo, I just walked right in through the front gate and walked right up to the final boss. I had a bow that fired five arrows in one shot, and I bought like 20 ancient arrows. It was still loving cool tearing down all those Guardians

See I was exploring the castle and looking for weapons to loot, wondered into a giant room and a cut scene started playing for the fight.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

extremebuff posted:

itd be funny if one of the korok seeds was bugged and someone was stuck at 99.9%

That's pretty drat accurate actually. It'd end up being 99.92%. All 900 seeds account for 72% of the completion

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Fumaofthelake posted:

Jesus is this real

Nope

The Wild set (green tunic from all shrines) needs 15 honey across 3 pieces to upgrade

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Is that 999 arrows in about 45 minutes still a thing? I did it last week

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

GameCube posted:

in "woah that actually worked" moments: in some shrine or something i walked through a door to find myself staring at four guardian babies. they were all standing in some shallow water so i whipped out my lightning rod and zapped them all to death with one shot. extremely satisfying

I did the same thing with the same reaction, it's great that a game is consistent with it's logic for once.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=cbQVcYgzEVo

it doesn't work

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

holy poo poo i didnt know you could just burn the thorns off towers

Same. I knew you could burn thorns but didn't somehow think of applying that to towers

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

GameCube posted:

one goddamn shrine left. not a shrine quest. gonna try to find it before hero's path comes out

Going to laugh if it's the one where the 120 shrine reward chests are

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

GameCube posted:

nope got that one. in fact i just walked the entire length of the canyon, on foot, to see if i missed anything in there

You did all the Kass ones?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

What do you get in return for playing on hard mode, just a sense of accomplishment or is there some actual better/different items added?

Edit: When Nintendo says that completing the Trial of The Sword will unlock the full power of the Master Sword, I know they mean it will always be at the full 60 damage and glowing, but will it also never deplete?

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

zen death robot posted:

60 attk all the time/glowing and no cooldown

Thought there still was a cool down? Instead of 40 hits before losing power its something like 200

• Locked thread