Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Sisko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

The real best Captain.

Also fascism is bad and an existential threat to modern society. I am alright not extending the full rights of a modern society to people who would absolutely not extend the same rights to other members if/when they gain any level of power.

How do I know this? Because fascists tell us they will. And will still try to do it if left unbashed.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-a7504646.html

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
We shouldn't punch nazis right now, otherwise they will turn the punched nazis into martyrs. There is still time to shut nazis up without resorting to violence.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

lite_sleepr posted:

Who gets to define what hate speech is and what constitutes it?

gee i wonder why people get the idea that you're a nazi apologist :allears:

"advocating for ethnic cleansing is disgusting and has no place in civilized discourse or the marketplace of ideas."

"ruh-roh here come's the thought police."

i look forward to another whinging pm

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 27, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Kuroyama posted:

We shouldn't punch nazis right now, otherwise they will turn the punched nazis into martyrs. There is still time to shut nazis up without resorting to violence.

Apparently there's this happening:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/25/alt-right-movement-doxxing-richard-spencer-interview

Also punchface mcshitbird whined on youtube about how he and those like him need a safe space otherwise this movement will die out so there's that.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Picard. I will fight you.

Look at this. Look at how wrong you both are, and repent to the True Captain.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I'll give him a safe space in my basement .

The hose? That's for water...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

There's coffee in that nebula.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

There's coffee in that nebula.

i was literally just thinking that :swoon:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PuWDUsQvBg

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Janeway is an amazing captain not for her character but for how lovely the writing on Voyager was that Kate Mulgrew intentionally played her as more than a bit nutty to offset the lovely writing with good acting.

Sisko > TV Picard > Janeway > Kirk > Action Picard > I'm Retarded?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

MA-Horus posted:

You're right, Sisko was pretty much an Admiral by the end. Plus Space Jesus. He doesn't count.

Here's the True Captain.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

shyduck posted:

Sergeant Schultz was a cool nazi

Schultz was in a death camp for realz, got tattooed and everything. Part of his agreement to take the role in HH was that the Germans could never "win" an episode (even for comedy purposes) and his character had to be shown expressing he believed Hitler was crazy, most commonly shown by the running joke where prisoners would all say something about Hitlers insanity, then all turn to Schultz who would let out a whistle while twirling his finger around his ear.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

504 posted:

Schultz was in a death camp for realz, got tattooed and everything. Part of his agreement to take the role in HH was that the Germans could never "win" an episode (even for comedy purposes) and his character had to be shown expressing he believed Hitler was crazy, most commonly shown by the running joke where prisoners would all say something about Hitlers insanity, then all turn to Schultz who would let out a whistle while twirling his finger around his ear.

No, he wasn't.

He was Jewish, but emigrated to America shortly after the annexation of Austria. He did, however, lose a lot of family to the camps. He served in the US Army

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Banner

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 27, 2017

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Robert Clary (LeBeau) was the one in concentration camps

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Capn Beeb posted:

Apparently there's this happening:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/25/alt-right-movement-doxxing-richard-spencer-interview

Also punchface mcshitbird whined on youtube about how he and those like him need a safe space otherwise this movement will die out so there's that.

An alt-right shitstain showed up to Shia LaBouef's protest stream, and was pointing to his chin, waiting to get punched. LaBouef led the group in shouting at him until he slinked away like the slug he is. That's how aggressive we should be right now when dealing with these garbage people.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Kuroyama posted:

An alt-right shitstain showed up to Shia LaBouef's protest stream, and was pointing to his chin, waiting to get punched. LaBouef led the group in shouting at him until he slinked away like the slug he is. That's how aggressive we should be right now when dealing with these garbage people.

Fury flashbacks hit him hard still.

Punch Nazis 24/7

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kuroyama posted:

Iunno dude being the better person and all is great but you and I both know the alt right is really a fan of "but they were *literally asking* for it" as a defense

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A few of those people just need to get disappeared.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Godholio posted:

A few of those people just need to get disappeared.

I think the people best for that job are already on their side.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:murder: nazis

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

504 posted:

quote:

No one is more pleased with the success of "Hogan's Heroes" in Germany than Werner Klemperer, who played Col. Klink. A German Jew who fled his native Cologne before the war, Mr. Klemperer says he helped make sure the program showed the German army in a bad light. "I told the writers that if they ever made Col. Klink the hero of the show, I would quit. I wanted to make sure Col. Klink got it every time."

Mr. Klemperer, 72, adds that when the show first started running in the 1960s, the producers heard some of the same complaints one now hears in Germany. "People said we shouldn't be making fun of that period of time."

But he, like other participants in the original series, says the show shouldn't be taken too seriously. Robert Clary, who played a French prisoner named "Le Beau" on the show was, in real life, imprisoned in concentration camps in Poland. "I was an out-of-work actor," he says. "It didn't matter who I played."

One German veteran who wrote to Kabel 1 takes an equally philosophical view. "I myself served in that stupid war, and I lost a leg," the viewer wrote. "But I never thought that someone could make that part of our history amusing. My compliments!"

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB833513841417463500

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/824866294059016193

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://youtu.be/ZTT1qUswYL0

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Punch Nazis erry day

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Punch Nazis erry day

ekuNNN posted:

liberated concentration camp prisoners attacking former guards:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Woah woah I never said murder. Naturally they're being taken somewhere safe and happy where they can live out their lives totally not in terror with canvas bags over their heads in the back of a Ram 1500 van en route to the dump site.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 27, 2017

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Deathy McDeath posted:

What's the best punch to use against Nazis? My favorite is the left cross

It's always the uppercut. Failing all else you shut their loving mouths for a second.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

not caring here posted:

It's always the uppercut. Failing all else you shut their loving mouths for a second.

Liver shot via 45 degree upward hook. You catch that on the button and you'll drop the dude with a lower chance of knocking the guy out and then catching a murder charge if he cracks his head on a curb or something..

woops thought this was A/T Martial Arts thread.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

The Dan Henderson Special.

Big Right (Over)Hand.

Performed best if you kiss your knuckles directly afterwards.

(Don't actually do this, you'll bust the gently caress out of your hand)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Punch Nazis erry day

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.

Punch Nazi motherfuckers everyday

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxwFxYtd9SM

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
It's not cool to punch people you disagree with but Nazis aren't people so it's all good.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Scratch Monkey posted:

Nazis aren't people

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

It's not cool to punch people you disagree with but Nazis aren't people so it's all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Scratch Monkey posted:

• Locked thread