Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Punch Colonel Klink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Bolow posted:

I don't disagree with anything that dude says but fascism has to be met with a shitload of resistance and it can't be debated with or allowed to have any platform to speak on. I'd say it's about time to have actual proper hate speech laws but not with this loving administration at the helm

Who gets to define what hate speech is and what constitutes it?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Canada has hate speech laws

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stop trying so hard to be devils advocate

Just police all thought and speech.

You know who else had speech laws?

The Nazis

joat mon posted:

And therein lies the rub.
How would you write such a law?

Maybe Bolow doesn't want to move to Canada?

Pfft. C'mon dude. Canada

^__________^

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 26, 2017

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm just going to go with "Would saying this get my rear end beat in a room full of people who believed the exact opposite?"

Covers politics, racism, religions, sports, BBQ, video games, and which person was the best captain of the USS Enterprise.

That's known as etiquette and being polite. It's a good rule of thumb to operate under, and it's how we sort of navigate through society.

Though, to be honest, there's only 1 religion that will beat you up for talking poo poo about it, baseball is great, dry rubs are the best BBQ, video games are great, and Captain Janeway.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The point about Canada is that we have those laws and there aren't a bunch of political prisoners for 'wrong-think' and also didn't elect a nazi apologist so yeah

Tell that to poor Professor Jordon Peterson. Isn't he being fined hefty sums of money because he refuses to be told what words to refer to people? Won't he be jailed for refusing to pay?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 26, 2017

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

joat mon posted:

Well, I'm glad I'm not in Canada.
(I hope no Canadians find that hateful)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtgKRpjVXSg

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 26, 2017

• Locked thread