Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I also left basic with 3 or 4 ribbons because BRAVE VOLUNTEER FOR THE GWOT

One time we had a training mission where we were infilling by helicopter and being the gun team, we had to run to an overwatch point and shoot at the building til the rest of the platoon got to it. The weapons plt leader got the bright idea to have us bring a 50cal(barrel already in and set), tripod and rounds to that spot instead of the usual 240. So we jumped off the blackhawk, ran 200 feet up some hill and set up a 50 cal so we could shoot blanks at a building for 2 minutes, then sit there for an hour before breaking it down and running back to the helicopter. I'm also pretty sure the 50cal jammed constantly during the limited time we were able to shoot.

I got an AAR for doing that.

Then on a deployment I got a coin with a loving spartan helmet and punisher skull on it from a CSM because we rolled our stryker into a water-filled ditch. Fun times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread